So I don't feel like I fit in anywhere.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

seventhson

So Since last I been here about nearly a year I had been busy.

Made new friends and lost them for reasons I don't know.

I thought a met a girl and then after she strung me along for a year(she came out and said she felt nothing for me on friday) I treated her so well. I never forced anything with her and respected her wishes. She said I am not very manly.

So I got hurt and said I won't be her friend now. Her friends have been harassing me saying I must just be her friend and I am being a child.

Then some other girl I was friends with said such nasty things to me.
I try to be nice to people. I mean I know how to socialize but I don't feel like I connect with people. That girl that strung me was the first person I felt connected to in years and then she went and hurt me.

I start to begin to think its maybe me. Maybe there is something wrong with me. I am always there for people. When they need someone to chat to and someone to help them through tough times I am there. But when they get through it I get left in the dust. They just stop talking to me.

I really feel alone in this world. :(

You are not alone in feeling this way. I've gone thru and I am sort of still going thru how you feel.

It's hard isn't it? You try to be someone else, and that doesn't work. You try to be nice to everyone and that doesn't work. You try to be yourself and that doesn't work either. Ring a bell?

I've felt this way for pretty much most of my life. There was maybe a total of 5-6 years combined where I thought that I finally belonged but, it didn't work out in the end.

I'm probably older than you are, but I have finally gotten to the point in life where I don't care what other people think of me, and I'm comfortable in my own skin and comfortable with who I am. People will see you for who you really are, it's finding people who get you and understand you that's hard to find.

I've made some friends at my new work (well relatively new 5 months) and I think of only one person out of that bunch as a friend. Whether we will still be friends 5 years from now, I don't know. But I would like to think so.

Just remember, there is nothing wrong with you. You just happened to pick the wrong people to be friends with. Sometimes, you make friends with the wrong people and you know that they are (at least there is a nagging voice inside your head or gut telling you that they are wrong) but you do it anyways and end up getting hurt.

These people, treat them like acquintences, not friends. And sooner or later you will find friends that won't treat you badly or lose them. Keep trying and don't give up.

Hope this helps

It sounds like you're too busy thinking what other people want or expect from you. Screw that; screw them and find your own path. In a way, she's right; you're not much of a man while you're so busy being focused on what other think of you socially, which is very much a feminine disposition.

Latest posts

Back