So lonely right now

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Athiest #001

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new.

I am always lonely this time of day (evening). I guess it all really started to get worse when my girlfriend dumped me about a year ago for another (much older) guy. Our relationship wasn't even that GOOD, it was mostly sex so I really don't blame her for leaving, but it still hurt so much and left me feeling alone. I have a few friends but all we have in common is video games. All we ever do or talk about has to do with video games in some way. We used to play World of Warcraft all day, but I got tired of it and realized it was making me more depressed (and was probably part of the reason why my relationship with my ex was lacking). So I quit, restarted, several times, but now I have quit for quite a few months. Every night I feel so lonely, I feel like I need to reach out and just talk with someone about something important, or anything at all, but there is no one. Every once in awhile I talk to my ex again because I am so desperate to talk to someone who knows the REAL me, it just makes it worse though.

I have tired meeting some girls but I have only met a few and none of them seem very interested. I don't even know where to begin, I cant go do bars, and even if I could I don't even want to! I don't like big parties or crowds or alcohol. It seems like everyone is just interested in hooking up and I don't want that, sex is worthless without meaningful relationships. Where the hell do I go to find someone like me?

On top of it all I am struggling with school. I am so unmotivated because of it all I just come home and do nothing, occasionally play video games then feel guilty for doing so.

I am so lonely sometimes it just hurts so bad I wanna cry. Every time I talk to women I just spill my guts and tell them everything I think about day to day, how I feel humanity is so worthless. I cant help being honest about my state of mind and I think I come on way too strong and emotional even when I'm being positive. I try way to ******* hard and I'm sure they think I'm pathetic.

My ex tells me she misses me. fresia she shouldn't be allowed to tell me that when she dumps me. Hell I don't even love her anymore, I don't like her, but I love her at the same time you know? I know she is kind at heart and cares for me. I really just want to ******* move on though, find someone who I CAN actually love, have fun with, share some actual interests besides sex. Only problem is the only thing I'm good is playing video games, GG (as it were).

gosh i can relate to coming on to strong. i've never done it in person but i do it online.

and since i have no life offline thats all that counts. gosh i know what its like to be tired of being lonely. When you are lonely so much goes on in your mind and there is no one to tell, so as soon as you get the chance you gush it all out. hoping to find someone who could possibly understand.

dam. it would be good to find that person.

jales said:
gosh i can relate to coming on to strong. i've never done it in person but i do it online.

and since i have no life offline thats all that counts. gosh i know what its like to be tired of being lonely. When you are lonely so much goes on in your mind and there is no one to tell, so as soon as you get the chance you gush it all out. hoping to find someone who could possibly understand.

dam. it would be good to find that person.

That is it exactly.

GG (good game): Exclamation: A way of resignedly expressing one's own defeat or disgust with a situation. Often followed by the object in question.

Athiest #001 said:
Hi, I'm new.

I am always lonely this time of day (evening). I guess it all really started to get worse when my girlfriend dumped me about a year ago for another (much older) guy. Our relationship wasn't even that GOOD, it was mostly sex so I really don't blame her for leaving, but it still hurt so much and left me feeling alone. I have a few friends but all we have in common is video games. All we ever do or talk about has to do with video games in some way. We used to play World of Warcraft all day, but I got tired of it and realized it was making me more depressed (and was probably part of the reason why my relationship with my ex was lacking). So I quit, restarted, several times, but now I have quit for quite a few months. Every night I feel so lonely, I feel like I need to reach out and just talk with someone about something important, or anything at all, but there is no one. Every once in awhile I talk to my ex again because I am so desperate to talk to someone who knows the REAL me, it just makes it worse though.

I have tired meeting some girls but I have only met a few and none of them seem very interested. I don't even know where to begin, I cant go do bars, and even if I could I don't even want to! I don't like big parties or crowds or alcohol. It seems like everyone is just interested in hooking up and I don't want that, sex is worthless without meaningful relationships. Where the hell do I go to find someone like me?

On top of it all I am struggling with school. I am so unmotivated because of it all I just come home and do nothing, occasionally play video games then feel guilty for doing so.

I am so lonely sometimes it just hurts so bad I wanna cry. Every time I talk to women I just spill my guts and tell them everything I think about day to day, how I feel humanity is so worthless. I cant help being honest about my state of mind and I think I come on way too strong and emotional even when I'm being positive. I try way to ******* hard and I'm sure they think I'm pathetic.

My ex tells me she misses me. fresia she shouldn't be allowed to tell me that when she dumps me. Hell I don't even love her anymore, I don't like her, but I love her at the same time you know? I know she is kind at heart and cares for me. I really just want to ******* move on though, find someone who I CAN actually love, have fun with, share some actual interests besides sex. Only problem is the only thing I'm good is playing video games, GG (as it were).

This is something I don't quite understand. If your ex misses you, how can you not recognize that you can try again? Your problems in life are your own, not her fault.

I have spent alot of time gaming and I always found it frustraiting how many people I would try to talk to and all they cared about at that moment was the game. It was rather frustraiting as I would try to get to know people and use the game as a way to better get to know them. Only alot of people seem to be into nothing, but the game.

Athiest #001 said:
On top of it all I am struggling with school. I am so unmotivated because of it all I just come home and do nothing, then feel guilty for doing so.
drink_mini.gif

Skorian said:
This is something I don't quite understand. If your ex misses you, how can you not recognize that you can try again? Your problems in life are your own, not her fault.

Well, she is currently in a relationship that she describes herself as being "very happy" in. Even that being so, I think your statement still holds true, its not her fault I'm still unhappy about it, its mine.

Sorry to hear about your g/f Atheist. *hugs*

I also believe night time is the loneliest time for me. If I didn't have such good friends online to talk to, I would lost. But they're all I have right now.

Hope you know that no matter how strong you think you come off, you're always open to chat with me ^^ My MSN is on my profile. As long as you don't mind chatting to a silly and (most times) hyperactive person haha.

In fact, there are a lot of great people at this forum. Hope you can find someone ^_^ And I hope things become better for you.

Welcome to the family! Hehe. *glomps*

Latest posts

Back