So maybe it really does get to me...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talus

Reaction score
I've always kind of said and found that the mean or cruel things that people have directed my way were more amusing that hurtful. I always thought it just kind of showed someone for who they really are.

Anyway the story behind this.

Went to the movie Shutter Island the other day. The theater wasn't that full, a couple large groups and a bunch of scattered people, but still pretty empty. One of the large groups was rather noisy the entire movie. Now normally that's no big deal, I can tune that out, but after about 15 minutes she pulls out her iphone with it's large white screen bright enough to be seen from the moon and starts texting. Puts it away after a minute, then 10 minutes later brings it out again, and so it goes for the next 15 minutes. Finally I'm sick of it (and I'm having a hard time following the dialogue because of it) and I do something that I never do. I decided to get up walk over and ask reasonably nicely for her to put the thing away or go outside since it's really distracting. I figured that'd be the best thing to do instead of yelling across the theater and bugging everyone else in there too.

Anyway, in response she holds up her phone and starts waving at me. Got up to go to the washroom , and three people from the group got up just after I did. I kind of got the feeling they were planning on either telling me off or whatever, but decided against it upon realizing that I was a good foot taller and 80lbs heavier than any of them.

After the movie as I leave, I hear someone yelling, and what do you know it's the girl & half of her group (the guys they were with were suspiciously gone) yelling at a manager telling him that I came up behind her and grabbed her hair and started swearing at her, and all this other stuff. So seeing me she starts flipping out on me (and at the time I really was amused by this) she turns back to the manager and demanded something be done about this or the guys she had waiting outside would do it for her.

The manager decided to take me off into a corner and get my story, and was rather apologetic about the whole thing. I mean I never touched her, accidentally or on purpose, and I figure she just wanted an excuse to try for her money back.

Anyway, I walked out with apologies from the manager and I had a smile on my face laughing from the absurdity and stupidity of the whole situation. But later in the evening I realized how put out I'd been feeling for the entire rest of the day by the whole thing.

As much as I want people in my life, I think thing's like this make me want to avoid them even more.

I had a similar experience. My niece and I had gone to see a movie. There were quite a few people in the theater - maybe half full. There was a group of young people (looked to be late teens) standing off to the side, while the movie was playing, laughing and talking and using their cell phones. I have no idea what would make a group of people want to do something so idiotic, but there they were. A few people were grumbling kind of loudly, but that seemingly had no effect on them. They just kept on laughing, talking and being disruptive. My niece errr....well, she has a temper (she was 20 or so at the time). After a few more minutes of the laughing, she yelled at them to shut up. :p Now, I was getting rather tired of all this myself, but wasn't to the point of saying anything yet. When she yelled at them, one of them took a step towards us (we were on the exit row) and said, "YOU shut up!" At that point, Id had enough. I stood up and said, "That's it!" lol, that's all it took. :p They scattered towards the exit. I heard the folks sitting behind us say, "good riddance." I thought to myself...yes, they did leave, but what if they hadn't? My intentions had actually been to go complain to management, NOT scare the honeysuckle out of them. They just ASSUMED I was going to confront them. I often wonder why people (of all ages) cant seem to follow simple rules in public places and feel the need to ruin everyone elses enjoyment. It DOES make one question the benefit of being around others I suppose. Luckily, these kids of situations rarely occur (to me at any rate).

I'm not gonna say it, but I'll spell it: C-*-N-T.

There are plenty of times when I've gotten into swearing matches or even fights in a theatre because people won't shut the hell up when I'm trying to watch a movie. Maybe I'm a weirdo, but when I shell out $8.00 to see a film, I sorta want to ACTUALLY WATCH IT and fully immerse myself in the story, sound, etc.

Nothing else pisses me off more than some dipshit who sits right in front of you and texts, or adds their own specialk commentary to the movie: "Oh HELL NO! You didn't just do that! Don't go in theeeeereee!!" Or talks to their friends the whole movie, or makes out wildly with their girlfriend...I don't know where people learn their theatre etiquitte. Maybe they should start teaching this stuff in school. Or maybe parents should spank their kids' butts every now and then....and teach 'em some respect.

I'm willing to wait 5 or 10 minutes and see if the person will calm down or shutup, but if they don't...*shrug* all bets be off. Haha as a humorous side note, there's nothing as much fun as cussing out the offender and having everyone else in the theatre cheer you on for it.

So next time this happens, I say go for it. Call those ******** out on their honeysuckle, and if they don't quit, teach them a little lesson about shutting the hell up.

Rant over. Lol I feel your pain, Talus. :p

----Steve

There's a dude that's been making derogatory statements towards me...He thinks it's all fun and games.
That's the second time he has done it....So far i havn't said anything.
I can't change him..all i can do is change me. He's old enough to know better.
He's a waste of my time, life and energy.
I'm tuning him out or ignoring him becuase he has a lot of issues. I know no one is perfect.
I'm not a fucken saint either.
Some people kind of said something to him...I guess he has been warned.

Well...one of these days he's going to catch me at the wrong fucken moment
becuase I'm not spiritual, feel good all the time or my tolerance level is null. Frankly sometimes I just don't give a fresia what happens.
Third time is the fucken charm...Strike 3, I'll knock him the fresia out.
It's when I don't say anything that he should be more consern about.

Diversion, manipulating..that's oldest trick in the book. Some people act as if they invented something knew.
My ex-gf did that to me personally for years. I was very emotionally attached to her. I'm not her escape goat.

It took me a while to saperate her from other women. Not all women are the same. Not all people are the same.
Not everyone is inconsiderate, rude or manipulative...

****** MOVE! wow, what a ***** o_O,, at least you didn't get caught up with in that honeysuckle. GJ to u for walking out strong !

Sway said:
GJ to u for walking out strong!

Lol fresia that. I'd be going out with either swollen knuckles or a fully satisfied movie experience. :p

This is one of the few things that I'm willing to get really dirty about, oddly enough...I love my movies, what can I say? *shrug*

----Steve

well handled talus. it wouldve taken some balls to walk over there and thumbs up for the consideration and respect for others. i'm impressed.

i saw The Exorcist at the movies, which was consistently punctuated by some ballsacks laughing, giggling and carrying on.. if you've seen the movie you know it's and intense ride and demands respect for god's sake!

by the sounds of it, it wouldve been handy to have you there BJD if you really don't have any qualms about voicing your objections to the arsey element in a movie theatre.

p2p said:
you know it's and intense ride and demands respect for god's sake!

That's how I feel when I watch (almost) any movie! That's why it pisses me off so much when people act up in a theatre. Who the hell would waste $8 or more to sit in a dark room and text?? They could do that at home! >.< Drives me nuts, lol.

Same for anyone who talks or comments loudly during a movie. It seems as though those people are going OUT OF THEIR WAY to do those things. It's hard to believe that someone wouldn't understand that it's a jack-assed thing to do....so when someone does it, I think they deserve whatever I give 'em. *shrug* haha

----Steve

P.S. LOL I just noticed that my c*nt word in my original reply was edited. :p No biggie...just funny to note, that's all. Oh, and here, I edited this one on my own, for free.

Well done, Talus! :) You know, I've had similiar experiences in the cinemas here where people go in and they can't shut the living hell up during the movie. I distinctly remember there was this couple seated behind me and the man kept talking throughout the movie. Okay, so he mummured but he had this really deep baritone voice.

On normal occassions, I'd probably swoon and go "Man, that's a sexy voice!" but in a cinema, a low-toned, consistent mummuring in the background is enough to make you see fireworks (and not in the goodway, mind you).

I tried glancing back sarcastically a few times. The mummuring went away, and then later, there was a giggle from the miss he was seated with, and then the mummuring continued.

To be honest, I was too much a coward to stand up and tell him off. Probably coz I'm only 5 feet 4 and he's easily 6 feet in height - and I didn't know how I'd react if he leaned forward and told me to shut up :p Yes, I know, I'm such a chicken. Ah but what Talus did was admirable! Especially when the nasty group decided to turn the story around and try to get Talus in trouble. I wish I could be more like you :)

Lmao....some little snot nose teenie bopper told me smoking was bad for my health...
(i wasn't smoking in the theather..but smoke get all over your clothe)....
I turned around and told the little ***** to "STFU...talking honeysuckle is unhealthy for you too" :p
I just looked at the her BF...with the look of WTF do you want?. lmao

Latest posts

Back