So so so so alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thalassa

Reaction score
I don't even know how to find my way around on here, but I have no where else to turn. I'm in tears and sick of my life. Isolated all the time - I can't take it anymore I really can't.

How can you cope when you see zero people besides just people you have appointments with!?

When you don't have a soul under the sun who thinks about you?

When your days are so dead and empty?

When you've longed for a friend all your life but you've standing out in the cold for most of your life?

When you do not even have connections with people you're meant to be 'bound to by blood'?

How.....?

Try walking up to a stranger and striking up a conversation. Give them your number and let them know you'd like to talk to them again sometime.

^woah... woah! That's... magic!
How did you do that!!?!?!?!

jjam said:
Try walking up to a stranger and striking up a conversation. Give them your number and let them know you'd like to talk to them again sometime.
good way 2 get a free meal @ least
in JAIL
mahaha
dnt thnk most wimmins would take 2 kindly 2 this?

jjam said:

Well, I just was not sure what you meant is all.

maybe I should have said so, wasn't trying to be rude.

It can work. The keys are in the conversation and growing the balls (or the tits) to leave your number.

The conversation went well with a lady at the bus stop. We talked about something happening in the city, and made a few jokes related to the weather and our wait for the bus. Unfortunately, I didn't think to give her my number at the time. Now she's someone I probably won't ever see again. Or, if I do, I may not even recognize her. But at that moment, it's possible both of us could have been prepared to make a new friend.

Living is all in the moments.

Nolife Princess said:
jjam said:

Neither was I, my friend. :)
Sometimes I say/post things that ONLY I will find funny. Nobody gets me. :(

thalassa:

I wish I could help but I'm pretty much in the same boat when it comes to have any close friends. Things at times will feel very empty. I can't give much advice though on how to get through it because I run into the same road blocks.

jjam said:
It can work. The keys are in the conversation and growing the balls (or the tits) to leave your number.

The conversation went well with a lady at the bus stop. We talked about something happening in the city, and made a few jokes related to the weather and our wait for the bus. Unfortunately, I didn't think to give her my number at the time. Now she's someone I probably won't ever see again. Or, if I do, I may not even recognize her. But at that moment, it's possible both of us could have been prepared to make a new friend.

Living is all in the moments.

Nolife Princess said:
jjam said:

Neither was I, my friend. :)
Sometimes I say/post things that ONLY I will find funny. Nobody gets me. :(

Well, Please keep in mind... I can only process so much.. then it is brain overload... I need simplicity or it just goes right over my itty bitty head!! heehee

The suggestions of talking to strangers is a really good one. It can even be a passing comment like giving someone a compliment.

thalassa said:
I don't even know how to find my way around on here, but I have no where else to turn. I'm in tears and sick of my life. Isolated all the time - I can't take it anymore I really can't.

How can you cope when you see zero people besides just people you have appointments with!?

When you don't have a soul under the sun who thinks about you?

When your days are so dead and empty?

When you've longed for a friend all your life but you've standing out in the cold for most of your life?

When you do not even have connections with people you're meant to be 'bound to by blood'?

How.....?

Hey Thalassa.

i'm sorry you feel so low. i hope things get better, and i hope they do so soon. it can get so tiresome waiting, though.

there are alot of times that terrible things happen to people that entirely do not deserve them, and i guess it's just a matter of weathering the storm until it passes. like anything else - it will, in due time.
in the meantime - you can talk to people here, or try to find things to occupy yourself with. it's not really a replacement - but... hobbies can make the waiting less testing to endure.

in any case. i hope you feel better soon.
and as to bound by blood - eh, i don't believe in that. i think your family is people you find, not those you are born with/to/around. you'll find them in the end.

Latest posts

Back