So there I was, a god...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stride

Reaction score
...and I destroyed the world.

The earliest memory I have, I was exiting a corner store in a city that I had never been in before. It looked like the store might have been a Walgreen's or a different pharmaceutical/grocery store that exists around every corner in a major city of the U.S.A. There were people around, but I wasn't concerned with them, or they with me. I headed back to my 4Runner, looking around casually as one would searching for small glimpses of life in a formulaic society.

My 4Runner was parked on the street facing with traffic. I made my way around the back and opened the trunk. I put something in there, but I can't remember what it was. I closed the trunk, and maybe my first clue that something was amiss was that I did not hear the normal *thud* it made when I normally closed it. I didn't take a second notice, however, and I made my way to the drivers side door. Before I reached for the handle of the car, I turned my head backward in the direction of the trunk so I was looking down the street.

The edge of the city seemed to cut off by a tree line. Kind of like this but the edge of the city covered in trees. In the distance I could make out a giant Chinese building, solitary and surrounded by more trees. It seemed to be made of copper and the sun light reflected off it like an annoying kid shining a mirror into your face.

Something else I noticed about the building was that there was a roller coaster going around it. I could see the train moving around on the tracks and thought to myself how fun it must be to ride it. The second that thought entered my mind, another second it left. I turned my head back toward the car door and reached for the handle. As my fingers grasped the plastic-like grip of the door handle, I stopped myself. I let go of the handle and looked back toward the Chinese building and carefully examined what was happening in my mind.

The revelation was instantaneous. It required no thought; it was simple: I was dreaming. I turned around and put my back to the car. I was aware that I could control this world absolutely. I could do anything I wanted. Suddenly I was spawning everything I could think of in front of me. At first it was a faceless girl. I stood there looking at her for only a second before I made her disappear and summoned a nicer car than my 4Runner. I looked at it for a moment and then a devious thought entered my mind.

What if I blew up the moon? Instantly I looked up toward the sky and there it was, the moon, as bright and clear as if it were night. It all seemed to happen in a matter of seconds, like the processing speed of my brain had phenomenally increased. I put a timer onto the moon, something that looked like this but with no dynamite and looking more like a cartoon.

I set the timer for 30 seconds, but my perception of time was accelerated. In 5 seconds, the timer had run down and the moon exploded. I witnessed the moon crack like a scene from the movie The Time Machine. All around me people were flailing their arms and running mad as small and large chunks of the moon’s surface rained down on Earth. I dodged chunks of the moon until eventually I was as afraid as the people around me. But I could only run so far before inevitably, I was killed by the falling debris.

I woke up before the actual kill, breathing heavily and somewhat sweaty. Slowly it all came back to me. I marveled at the idea of being in control of my mind during the dream state, but somewhat aghast at how I treated the power. To date this is the only time I've ever been aware that I was dreaming. It seemed like the choices I was making happened so fast that I wasn't even conscious of them. Perhaps it was my Id making the choices which might explain the rapidity of them.

I'm uncertain, but it will not be a memory that I will soon forget. I don't actually own a 4Runner...the one in the picture is one that my Dad used to drive when I was a kid. Interesting.

Latest posts

Back