So this is what I've become

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tramp

Reaction score
I was standing in line at the bus station today, waiting to get home after traveling for the entire three-day weekend when she walked up to me. She was going home too (we live in the same city) and we were both delighted to have each other to travel with; if only she'd been half as happy as I was...

I've liked her for quite a while now. Never bothered asking her, because I was certain it was never meant to be. I just am not her type - something I came to derive from her likes and dislikes, which I know thanks to being her friend. She has a boy friend these days and I try to avoid having to see them together.

So we got on the bus and we talked. She opened up to me and went on and on about various issues that she has been dealing with - things she doesn't even tell this boy friend of hers. I listened and made her laugh when she was getting very depressed. The best hour and a half I had had in a while and I was not the least bit happy that it was coming to an end so fast.

When it did, we walked for ten minutes - a great one, at least for me, because I got to see her laughing and relieved after having poured a lot of stuff out. We walked, to where her boy friend was supposed to pick her up. And I had to endure the pain of watching them kiss and hug when he finally did arrive.

I'm the one that she opens up to, I'm the one who listens, I'm the one who makes her happy and convinces her that all her problems are going to go away and that she is not to be blamed for everything, and some other guy gets to come in around ten minutes late and take her home.

Looks like this is what I've become - something that people will use when they need and then forget about when they are done with. Sure, I'll live with that.

wow man...makes me cry because I know exactly how that is. I'm not even going to post my examples because it's not about me but yeah, I know exactly how that feels, it's horrible. is that not what women want, a sweet, caring guy who is a good listener? or am I like compltely off here? I've been reassured numerous times that this is what they want, but have never been able to find her..we will some day though man, we have to, cause we're good peeps :) just hang in there. I've let people just use me for things like that as well, just so I could share whatever the other person wanted, so they'd be happy. it doesn't work though, because for me, it eventually ended, and I've ended up completely alone...please dont do that to yourself, you deserve better and you'll find it.

try and get a root out of her while shes vonerable, get something out of it :p

but serious now, i think its not until later in a womans life, when there ready to settle down and pump out some kids, that they want a boyfriend that is a good listener and a shoulder to cry on. young girls more want someone thats fun, a guy thats strong and doesnt listen to girly problems, because seriously most guys dont really care since there problems are so trivial. i know im one of those guys because iv worked with a group of girls and all they do is complain about stupid things and i feel like saying "oh for fresia sake get over it". Girls need a guy that tells them to stop complaining :p

Tramp said:
I'm the one that she opens up to, I'm the one who listens, I'm the one who makes her happy and convinces her that all her problems are going to go away and that she is not to be blamed for everything, and some other guy gets to come in around ten minutes late and take her home.

I played that part once and I've learnt the lesson quite well. Let her open up to you, listen to her, etc. and you'll see her ten minutes later going away with someone else. Not a great deal.

Drake said:
is that not what women want, a sweet, caring guy who is a good listener? or am I like compltely off here?
Yes, you are:D

Drake said:
I've been reassured numerous times that this is what they want

They lied to you.:p

Latest posts

Back