Social experiment

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I don't agree with the echo chamber either. If I'm attractive enough to get responses, I think OP shouldn't have any more problems than me on that department.

I think it's beneficial to have multiple shots, both face shots and full-body shots, if you're comfortable with putting your own body on the flesh market. That way, at least the superficial judgements are being made about more than your face.

It's probably a good idea to use pictures that aren't selfies either, though I don't know how that plays with the young 'uns. I know friendship is tough but if you can get a family member, a friend, or some guy/gal you know well enough to not steal your camera, it might help.

Still, about fairness - nothing about sex is fair, just, or right. It's one of those things that really accentuates differences in social status, and it's very easy for that to get to someone who is rejected many times. I know sayings like "life isn't fair" are trite and wrong in many ways, but it is what it is. At some point, a man (or hell a woman too) has to step back and ask himself, "what am I really doing here with this?" I'm not being particularly helpful, but at least this keeps me from destroying myself too much over the sex thing.

If all else fails, why not present yourself in a lighthearted, sports-casual way? A stained singlet and sweet pants combo. At the beech in a pair a speedos. The possibilities are endless. That's about as much effort as I'd put into online dating.

Hitch I can understand how it feels to be passed up all the time and how painful it can feel. I can appreciate your experiment, wanting to know what it's like to be someone else to get what you desire. I truly believe that the best things that will come to a person in your situation would be the things that come to you naturally while being yourself.
It may sound a bit trite but there's something about loving who you are as a person that puts off a sense of confidence and can make it easier for others to approach you. I understand that is not the easiest thing to believe in when you are used to feeling disappointed, to have confidence in your ownself but I've seen far too much firsthand experience to deny that it is important, perhaps essential even.
There is nothing wrong with your physical appearance, try not to beat yourself up just because there are a lot of shallow loud-mouthed people in the world. Personally, I don't think I'd want attention from a woman who'd go for underwear boy, would you?
Have some compassion for yourself at least, I doubt you'll be happy trying to fit others niches rather than having a solid relationship with someone based on who you are as a person. Best of luck

Very well, you can all just let yourself drown in some kind of depressive, nihilistic fantasy that only looks at the lesser aspects of the truth, without considering the whole truth.

I suspect everyone else here has given up on trying to change your mind. Here's where I quit, as well.

Latest posts

Back