social intelligence and academical intelligence

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are different ways of being logical, you can be logical from an academic standpoint or from a different standpoint.

Just because someone isnt academically smart doesnt mean they arent smart. They might be smart in a different area...Thier abilities might not be academic wise, but they might be in the area of sports, or dancing, or music, for example.

flylikeplanes said:
hmm...I would pick social intelligence to be honest. I think I would be happier that way. Whats the point in being academically smart if all you can never use it for is just school and any other academic setting? All you would ever know is how to read books, understand the information in them, get good grades and be like a human dictionary, basically, in my opinion. Life isnt all about books, grades and spitting back information.

People are all around us and if we dont know how to deal with them..then what is the point? I'd rather know how to deal with people and form good connections with them, not be as lonely and I think it might be a little bit easier to understand them and understand myself somehow...

Being socially smart also means being street smart. You have to learn how to deal with the people trying to screw you over and mess you up. If all you ever knew to do was to be academically smart...then in the REAL world, which isnt about school and books and knowing your subjects..you would really be in trouble. You wouldnt know how to defend yourself, you wouldnt know how to behave, what to say, what to do

So being socially smart, in my opinion is better.

You make some very good points.

Be for I would had only just picket social intelligence by 1%, Now I think I would pick that by 10% after reading what you put.

I still think academical intelligence is very important and I myself have been held back a lot in life by not being academically intelligent.

But the moor I think about it the moor important social intelligence is above academical intelligence I think.

maybe I only thought academical intelligence is so important cos I never had it. ppl always wont what they don't have. Just I always know ppl that found getting good jobs and good grades at school so easy. I always admired them. But I too think to be able to get on with ppl and to be street wise is a lot of the time moor of an important thing to be able to do.

Bluey said:
flylikeplanes said:
hmm...I would pick social intelligence to be honest. I think I would be happier that way. Whats the point in being academically smart if all you can never use it for is just school and any other academic setting? All you would ever know is how to read books, understand the information in them, get good grades and be like a human dictionary, basically, in my opinion. Life isnt all about books, grades and spitting back information.

People are all around us and if we dont know how to deal with them..then what is the point? I'd rather know how to deal with people and form good connections with them, not be as lonely and I think it might be a little bit easier to understand them and understand myself somehow...

Being socially smart also means being street smart. You have to learn how to deal with the people trying to screw you over and mess you up. If all you ever knew to do was to be academically smart...then in the REAL world, which isnt about school and books and knowing your subjects..you would really be in trouble. You wouldnt know how to defend yourself, you wouldnt know how to behave, what to say, what to do

So being socially smart, in my opinion is better.

You make some very good points.

Be for I would had only just picket social intelligence by 1%, Now I think I would pick that by 10% after reading what you put.

I still think academical intelligence is very important and I myself have been held back a lot in life by not being academically intelligent.

But the moor I think about it the moor important social intelligence is above academical intelligence I think.

maybe I only thought academical intelligence is so important cos I never had it. ppl always wont what they don't have. Just I always know ppl that found getting good jobs and good grades at school so easy. I always admired them. But I too think to be able to get on with ppl and to be street wise is a lot of the time moor of an important thing to be able to do.

well im glad that I was able to sway your opinion a little :p

flylikeplanes said:
well im glad that I was able to sway your opinion a little :p

Well I was all ready thinking that social intelligence was moor important then academical intelligence. Just 1% moor. Now I think about 10% moor important. just in case the %%% thing confused you be for lol

Personally, I would rather have a higher emotional intelligence than a higher academic intelligence quotient. I have had both tested. I have a high IQ but an average EQ ( emotional quotient). While I do good in college, it doesn't solve my shy approach problem. Having a high EQ enables people to understand and more readily relate to society. Thus, it opens more doors and creates lasting relationships. A lot of jobs deal with the public, where effective personal skills are key to successful career advancement. In a perfect world, a blend of both would be ideal. However, having one and not the other is not necessarily a dooming sentence. A person with a high intelligence can study sociology and psychology books in order to obtain a better understanding of how people function is society. People with high emotional intelligence can establish numerous business relationships that may aid them in their career. People with high EQs may benefit from help offered to them by their peers.

Anyways, I would trade some of my IQ points for a few EQ points.

Very very interesting Mr bond lol

I had no idea that they could test for emotional intelligence. I would be interested to take a test like that. There must be something on de old inter-webs about it.

Latest posts

Back