Social isolation causing legitimate problems

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all a money making thing. They try to make people feel like they need the advice they have on their sites, but if you really want to improve your life, it'll only cost you X amount of dollars. Anyone with sense would tell someone that it doesn't cost any to improve oneself. But they have to profit off of people's feelings and emotions somehow, right...

ardour said:
Interesting that some of the “risks associated” with their “social skills technology” (http://www.thepopularclub.com/ ) reminds me of favoured "Dark Triad" personality traits pick up artists promote.

Maybe you naturally enter that territory, but it doesn't even have to be a coincidence in that case. The author seems to be aware of certain contemporary groups, hence the reference to MGTOW on the original site. They might as well resort to solutions from the pool of PUA techniques.

ardour said:
I’m at the stage where I’d really like to know what I’m doings to make people suddenly go off me, preferably in blunt, specific terms. Scams like this play on that desire. If there were a reasonable chance of getting a few real insights here I might even be tempted to part with a one-off $29.95…

I honestly can't imagine you'll find anything you haven't heard at least once or twice before, in blunt and soft terms alike. Law of attraction and positive thought might be regurgitated for the millionth time...all the concepts that have been out there for a long time already. And the afore-mentioned techniques...the following quote was rather telling in that regard:

"Our social skills program is built on the philosophy that you need to change who you are; namely, your personality and behavior and combine these changes with specific actions and communication tools, which we provide.

Sounds very tempting all these websites. That promise to change your life around with little pain and no shock treatments. Reminds me of the last scene in the silent flute. I Wish I can upload that clip

VanillaCreme said:
It's all a money making thing. They try to make people feel like they need the advice they have on their sites, but if you really want to improve your life, it'll only cost you X amount of dollars. Anyone with sense would tell someone that it doesn't cost any to improve oneself. But they have to profit off of people's feelings and emotions somehow, right...

Sadly ...but a month's free audio subscription !!!

Latest posts

Back