socializing makes me feel lonelier

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ensom

Reaction score
I can have a perfectly pleasant conversation with someone and yet feel so disconnected. As a result I tend to come away from social interactions feeling even lonelier.

Anyone else?

I hate how psychologically messed up I am.

Oh yes, happened to me a few weeks ago. One thing I can tell you though is that not interacting with people as a result of this feeling won't help you in the long run.

Yes i've experienced this...

It's like, you know you won't be close to them after one talk and maybe not ever. I just don't feel like i'm on the same page as anyone. It's disheartening.

But I second that plauge warns: don't forgoe the socializing either.

There's one boy I know and i just kept talking to him every time I went to the bookstore and saw him there (he practicly lives there) I was just polite and we had the same interest in books so we chatted a lot. It took 2 years, but it's just barely starting to get to be where we could be called friends. It's encouraging, even though it took a long time. :)

when that happens to me, its just signal that i dont feel like socializing at a particular time. i need time to be properly and emotionally in tuned with myself first to tune in with other people. maybe u could try not socializing in full length conversations for a while and see if it disappears.. :)

Latest posts

Back