Some pix wot I took

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers LadyFS, I think my fave out of those above is the one of Flay's eye because I can see the reflection of me taking the picture(bit of a shame about the wee bit of eye goo there but what can you do?)

Alma, just thought I'd put this somewhere where you'd see it - but are you really a wingwalking, firewalking, swordwielding, charity fundraising, death defying Taiji Instructor and Part-Time Urban Legend? Because that would be pretty neat.

How did you get into all that stuff? What's Taiji? And what do you mean by "part-time urban legend?"

You can't put up a sig like that and not expect some people to be curious!

SkaFish-Yes I have taken part in all the activities in my signature, the wingwalking(that IS me on that plane in the photo!) & firewalking in were part of some the charity fundraising stunts I've been involved in(others include various abseils & a naked calendar-haven't yet jumped out of a plane but I figure it needs to happen at some point).

By Taiji I means Taijiquan(AKA Tai Chi Chuan) which I teach-that's my job(I love what I do) & the swordweilding is all part of that.

big-dipper-1-small.jpg

As for the Urban Legend reference, well, I guess this song by Flight Of The Conchords might be a place to start....
[video=youtube]
:cool:

I really like the pics... But (this is some critisism from an art/media student), I would love to see some more contrasts in the pictures.. Even if it is manipulated through photoshop or something simular... I hope you don't mind my opinion.. i just like to see people bettering their self.. If you want to i can run one of your pictures through an imaging prosecessing software..

Love Daniel

Hi daniel-thanks, I don't mind the opinions of other people at all, in fact it's very much welcomed.

I don't really 'know' what I'm doing, I just try to get the camera to pick out some of the beauty I can see in the world around me. A lot of it is purely trial & error, sometimes I get lucky & other times I just hit delete(genius of digital camera) or I get inspiration to go back & try again.

If you feel you could improve any of the images here by using the software you mention please feel free.

I took some more pix today on the beach-I haven't properly looked at them as yet-if there's anything I like I might share later.

Not the best I've taken, but I kinna like em, something about them, it was really misty out there, until I turned around & the last photo(before my batteries ran out lol) the sun had suddenly appeared....Flay & I walked out alongside what's left of the old harbour hall.

P1010860.jpg

P1010877.jpg

P1010900.jpg

P1010873.jpg

P1010902.jpg

P1010919.jpg

P1010926.jpg

I really like the first one, very good !

Just go with what you are doing. It's all trial and error. I have no idea what I am doing either. I go out and take 200 photo's and maybe 20 are okay with 2 or 3 coming out well.
I wouldn't bother reading up on the books, develop your own style.

I have a good one on my phone that was a lucky snap I took one morning.

I do really love a good sunset/rise though I think it's one of the times I'm generally too busy taking it all in to get my camera out lol

*must try harder

Alma lost her spoon said:
I have a good one on my phone that was a lucky snap I took one morning.

I do really love a good sunset/rise though I think it's one of the times I'm generally too busy taking it all in to get my camera out lol

*must try harder

lol I got up on my day off at 5.30am to catch a sunrise last week. Winter is best because of the times. Always best to look out for weather forecasts as well.

A different beauty than my mountains and lakes. The power of water never ceases to astound me, I really like the contrast shown in pictures taken during different tides. Looking at that wall and imagining all the effort put into it by man only for nature to reclaim its own reminds me of its unceasing effort.

I love living so close to the coast, the natural ebb & flow is a constant reminder of ever changing, phasing, yet completely balanced energies of yin & yang.

Nature taking back what belongs always to it, yes!
I love the photos of the abandoned theme parks, I would really like to visit some of those kind of places & take some photos, having a bit of a connection & many early memories filled with the sights, sounds & smells of fairgrounds I find the overgrown & broken down rides have a haunting quality about them, yet there's a strange & interesting mixture of what once was & what was before that returning once more.

Latest posts

Back