Some things cannot be changed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf-01

Reaction score
Hello lonewolfs, this is my first thread on the forum, I'm a 22 years old architecture student from Argentina, and I would love to be part of your community, it seems lovely depressing  (lol) but also really helpful and encouraging.
  I guess I should express my concerns about my loneliness in order for this thread to not be so **** irrelevant, well here is my situation:
  I don't have much problems with socializing and all that, I have tons of friends, some really close, others not so much (the usual), I have my group from highschool, my group from college, my group from work etc, a normal family and everything. I could say that I have no issues with the life I live,  even though I had a little depression in the past and I've felt like I've lost my way a couple of times in the past, Im over all that and in the present I couldn't say I'm HAPPY, but I like my position, and I certainly feel that better things are on their way. 
  It's just that at some points I feel COMPLETELY misunderstood by my friends, It's like I'm sitting at the table of some bar with them (no matter if they are college, work or life friends)  I stop for an instant and think "Hey, what the actual f*ck. what I'm I doing here?, these jokes don't make me laugh, I dont feel related to any of their situations, and If I even try to explain what I'm going through they won't give a ****, or maybe even laugh".
  From time to time this feeling comes back to me, or even worse, more questions appear on my mind, like really putting in doubt all of the conformist ideals of society, relationships seem worthless, leading to monotony or cheating, and stuff like that. I know these perceptions are usual, and even more on this forum, so I would like to read what you think on this subject,  or your experiences with it.
PD.: I really feel identified with sum 41's song (and clip) "pieces" all this points I specified here are resumed on the clip lol.
Thanks for taking some time and reading this.

Hey wolf, welcome to ALL.

Seems like you are surrounding yourself with people you just don't click with, it can often be difficult for people at your point in life to look past superficial and see that there is more than drinking and having a laugh. I'd say you are just a bit ahead off most off your peers and thus don't identify with them, but great that you are social! that always helps even if only a bit.

MisterLonely said:
Hey wolf, welcome to ALL.

Seems like you are surrounding yourself with people you just don't click with, it can often be difficult for people at your point in life to look past superficial and see that there is more than drinking and having a laugh. I'd say you are just a bit ahead off most off your peers and thus don't identify with them, but great that you are social! that always helps even if only a bit.

Well thanks MisterLonely, really interesting opinion, even though I dont really feel ahead of my peers, I mostly feel behind.

Someone once said that you can have a ‘life that is not just surviving, but thriving.’ In the hum-drum of life.  In the day in and day out of school, and work- life can easily pass us by.  I don’t know if you have a faith system, but when I called out to God, my life has been anything but boring.  In fact calling out to God, has given me a reason for hope; has given me a joy and peace in both my darkest and downtrodden days.  When i have no idea of what is going on, there is a peace that surpasses all understanding.  This Bible verse, causes me to have great hope!  
‘Call on Me [God] and I will show you great and mighty things which you do not know.’

blessedby4 said:
Someone once said that you can have a ‘life that is not just surviving, but thriving.’ In the hum-drum of life.  In the day in and day out of school, and work- life can easily pass us by.  I don’t know if you have a faith system, but when I called out to God, my life has been anything but boring.  In fact calling out to God, has given me a reason for hope; has given me a joy and peace in both my darkest and downtrodden days.  When i have no idea of what is going on, there is a peace that surpasses all understanding.  This Bible verse, causes me to have great hope!  
‘Call on Me [God] and I will show you great and mighty things which you do not know.’
Thanks for your reply blessedby4, I'm Catholic, and I respect my religion, I cant say I'm a devote religious person, but I get myself involved in activities that relay on church and stuff from time to time, and yeah it's comforting to let things in the hands of God, and I truly believe in the existence of something else, something greater and spiritual...

Latest posts

Back