Something about me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iris

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Iris.

I'm 26, I live with my father and I don't have a job. I haven't had any job for the last 3 years. During the last year I went back to college and I graduated with an undergraduate degree, but at least I finished something. For the last 4 months I've been looking for a job but didn't find any and now I'm afraid no one would hire me, or if someone would, they would immediately fire me. The main problem is that during the last 3 years I lived rather isolated and I lost my social skills, poor as they were, at least I had some, I think. After I lost my last job, three years ago, I became highly depressed and I didn't want to get out of the house, I became forum-addicted, I began to avoid my real life friends and spent all the time in front of the computer, on the internet. Now I only have two best friends but they left the country, they both have exceptional jobs, unlike me, boyfriends and live good lives. I only socialize with my family, rarely with someone else, but I have to admit I don't feel the need to have any friends, I like my lonely life. I also developed psychosis about 2 years ago (after breaking up with my boyfriend) I've been delusional for about a year, then I tried to kill myself and ended up in a mental institution for a month, period during which I realized my delusions weren't real and came back to reality. Now I'm fine, I take medication, it's just that I don't have a social life, I'm very inactive and my main problem is that I don't want to be dependent of someone else (my father provides for me, and sometimes my mother), I want to be able to look after myself (I have no respect for people who aren't financially independent, like my sister for example, who is a housewife) but I'm afraid I won't cope with having a job.

Anyway, I hope that wasn't too long. How bad is it and what should I do? What are your opinions on my life situation? Thank you.

hey iris :D
well, i think you should take small steps at time.. go to GP/doctor and tell them. i know it is isnt everybody's cup of tea, try have a counselling to discuss then they find solution for your problems.
then, start trying going out for start like going to shops, for a walk etc
i would suggest that you start with easier job like newspaper rounds, cleaning a warehouse etc.
once you feel confident to be around with other people, find a job that involves with intracting with people like shop, whatever you like to do.
im hoping this is helps! :) good luck

SherryGee said:
hey iris :D
well, i think you should take small steps at time.. go to GP/doctor and tell them. i know it is isnt everybody's cup of tea, try have a counselling to discuss then they find solution for your problems.
then, start trying going out for start like going to shops, for a walk etc
i would suggest that you start with easier job like newspaper rounds, cleaning a warehouse etc.
once you feel confident to be around with other people, find a job that involves with intracting with people like shop, whatever you like to do.
im hoping this is helps! :) good luck
Hey Sherry :). Thanks a lot for your advices.
I do get out of the house, I go shopping, to pay bills or for a walk, or to McDonalds etc., and I do think I need an easy job in the beginning. I guess I'm just afraid of more failed job interviews because I don't know how to promote myself in front of the interviewer. I didn't go to two job interviews because of that this week. I need more self-confidence and to stop being so God **** lazy! I just got used to not doing a great deal during these last 3 years. Where I live people buy newspapers and magazines from the kiosk, no one delivers them home, but I'll think of something!

I find it strange that you are perpetrating the same negative attitude upon people who are not financially independant as people do upon you. Seems like some sort of self-hatred.

Hey Sherry . Thanks a lot for your advices.
I do get out of the house, I go shopping, to pay bills or for a walk, or to McDonalds etc., and I do think I need an easy job in the beginning. I guess I'm just afraid of more failed job interviews because I don't know how to promote myself in front of the interviewer. I didn't go to two job interviews because of that this week. I need more self-confidence and to stop being so God **** lazy! I just got used to not doing a great deal during these last 3 years. Where I live people buy newspapers and magazines from the kiosk, no one delivers them home, but I'll think of something!

at anytime :)
i know someone who went for job interviews like million of times before he actually got the job. i wonder knowing someone who does job interview might give you tips and advice. or just ask random people about it, this would get you talking to others and builds up self confidence.

SophiaGrace said:
I find it strange that you are perpetrating the same negative attitude upon people who are not financially independant as people do upon you. Seems like some sort of self-hatred.
You're right, it is some sort of self-hatred. My family doesn't tell me anything that I don't work, no one criticizes me, they must think I'll figure it out. And I don't express my lack of appreciation for those who don't have a job...

SherryGee said:
at anytime :)
i know someone who went for job interviews like million of times before he actually got the job. i wonder knowing someone who does job interview might give you tips and advice. or just ask random people about it, this would get you talking to others and builds up self confidence.
Yeah, that's an excellent idea. I do know someone, a friend form college who already is an HR Executive, but I lost contact with her (my phone was stolen some while ago and I had her number on my SIM card, so I lost it) and besides, I couldn't ask her to help me again since she already helped me to get a good job, 4 years ago. I'll see if any of my sister's friends could help me with that, great advice! :)

(((((((((((((((((((((sophia))))))))))))))))))))))) :)

Latest posts

Back