Speaking what i truly want to.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ursus Veritas

Reaction score
There are a million times in the day i just can't seem to speak what i want to. I know what i want to say in a vocabulary higher then most. I just can't seem to let the words drip out though....

Well its not that they can't understand, its that hte words i need to use aren't in English or i can't just speak them.

I'm surprised at what I can actually say and get away with. You have to present yourself confidently and maturely, but I pretty regularly tell people what's on my mind.

A good example was the other day. Another firefighter and I were talking and he was trying to provide logical reasoning to have a big fancy alert system in our fire station involving lights that shift to red and an intercom pager (currently, we rely on belt pagers and radios). I told him outright that I think that would be a waste of our stretched budget and that I think he just wants to have more gadgets to feed his adrenaline, the same reason I think he likes running lights and sirens (I'm pretty dead to both after a year on an ambulance). This guy's a foot taller and has at least fifty pounds on me, but he backpedaled a bit and tried to play it off with some sort of passive justification.

You just have to deliver it deadpan. Don't get tense, don't sound tight. Just say it.

well i don't know how it feels for you, Ursus, but i can somewhat relate.
with me things get stuck in my throat like a deadweight, until either i or the other person get tired of watching me suffocate and try. and seems like it is worst not when i must stand up to someone or contradict them, but when i should say something personal or important to me. then it gets full blown.

anyway. i hope you will find a way around it, i can't say i have.

Brian, good to hear. the guy sounds like might be a poser. (don't get it but whatev). good for you for knocking him down a few notches.

my problem is that i am shy about saying what i feel a lot of times. my mind starts thinking of the many ways people might respond to it and of course it dewlls on the potential negative responses. i stress too much and it prevents me from saying what i want to sometimes.

Latest posts

Back