Stop Hating

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

I really cant understand the misogyny I see on here sometimes from males.

Ok, i'll admit that sometimes I'll say that I hate males, but immediately after I say it I look deep within my heart and I realize I dont believe it. It just confounds me that anyone could actually hate the other gender & belittle them.

Sure, somedays I feel like all men want to do is use/manipulate me and then laugh at me cruelly. But I recognize it as a fear because I've grown up with men that have exhibited those traits and really do treat women like that. The fear comes up whenever I talk to a guy. That they just want to use/manipulate me and then laugh in my face. But something keeps me pushing forward instead of remaining completely immobile in my fear. It'll take a lot to overcome it.

But I absolutely dont believe in hating the other gender & putting them down. All expressions of resentment from my part I recognize come from the feelings of fear/pain.

I dont understand how other people can utter such hateful words towards women and seem as though they completely believe it. Its so simple minded. The fact is that it's not that simple. You're condemning HALF the world to a little box. I'm sorry, but half the world does NOT fit in your little box, no matter how much you'd like to believe that.

so in conclusion: stop hating, it makes no logical sense

Although I know that each sex will always have a few complaints about the other, the level of hatred and lack of basic human respect for each other that I've seen always astounds me. And yes, we seem to have had an outbreak of misogyny here on the forum in past few weeks.
What's next, misandry?? I even see some misanthropy, which is actually more understandable to me. lol, some people just hate humanity in general. :p

*shakes head*

It is easier just to blame everything on someone else, that is why i prefer misanthropy for myself, more to blame.

Minus said:
It is easier just to blame everything on someone else, that is why i prefer misanthropy for myself, more to blame.

**** skippy...

That's Twitchy for "I agree". :/

""so in conclusion: stop hating, it makes no logical sense ""

Just because you don't suck doesn't mean the rest of your gender doesn't too.

I base my responses towards women in general as to how I've been treated by women in general. Now I'll never judge a person before I get to know them, but when I look at the female population I'm going to stereotype based on my past experiences, and sorry to say it ladies but there are far too many of you out there misrepresenting your sex (if it truly is a misrepresentation).

Well, personally, I will treat sexism in the same way I treat racism or any other forms of discrimination. This board has no place for bigotry.

Haha I'm probably in the minority on this, but I think woman-hating is a good-old-fashioned male bonding ritual. Any time a bunch of guys get together (in my experience) like at a campfire or something, the ***** stories come out (along with the angel-woman and sex stories). It's only natural that men batch together in this way against a "common enemy"....though usually it's mostly in fun, as most of the guys will in the next breath proclaim the virtues of a good woman (usually their current girlfriend).

It's the same with a group of women who get together and get a little too much wine in them or something. Sometimes they'll start a man-hating session...and GOD HELP THE MAN WHO STUMBLES INTO THE ROOM...lol I don't see it as harmful or bad...just sort of natural when people of the same sex hang out.

I may make mysogynist statements every now and then, but deep down I'm not truly serious about it. Men do it and women do it...but I see it as no biggie unless it happens all the time. If every post that someone makes on here is tinged with bitterness and hatred for the opposite sex, then YES, there is a problem. Personally, I may hate on women (and to be fair, men, sometimes) every now and then...but I don't mean it. I'd rather have a relationship with a woman than not have one.

----Steve

Some people have just been treated like crap their whole lives by the opposite gender and began hating that whole group. Its not necessarily a reason to hate an entire group of people but when thats all you've known I guess its just hard for some people. I have met one girl that actually liked me for me as a friend online but the rest just treat me like I'm not even there.But instead of hating a gender or blaming it on someone else why not hate the person who is causing it.Thats why I blame myself and tend to hate myself more than anything.But people will never blame themselves and I'm just glad I do to a certain extent.

Badjedidude said:
Haha I'm probably in the minority on this, but I think woman-hating is a good-old-fashioned male bonding ritual. Any time a bunch of guys get together (in my experience) like at a campfire or something, the ***** stories come out (along with the angel-woman and sex stories). It's only natural that men batch together in this way against a "common enemy"....though usually it's mostly in fun, as most of the guys will in the next breath proclaim the virtues of a good woman (usually their current girlfriend).

It's the same with a group of women who get together and get a little too much wine in them or something. Sometimes they'll start a man-hating session...and GOD HELP THE MAN WHO STUMBLES INTO THE ROOM...lol I don't see it as harmful or bad...just sort of natural when people of the same sex hang out.

I may make mysogynist statements every now and then, but deep down I'm not truly serious about it. Men do it and women do it...but I see it as no biggie unless it happens all the time. If every post that someone makes on here is tinged with bitterness and hatred for the opposite sex, then YES, there is a problem. Personally, I may hate on women (and to be fair, men, sometimes) every now and then...but I don't mean it. I'd rather have a relationship with a woman than not have one.

----Steve

There's a world of difference between bitching about the ball and chain or thanking your lucky stars that you dodged a bullet with a particular ex-GF, and making broad statements like:

"All women are shallow psycho-bitches who only want a hot guy with a big dick and ton of cash,"

or (for the women)

"All men are potential ******* rapists who only want to bang hot chicks."

I've griped plenty about the long list of ******** I've been romantically linked with. I don't, however, make the faulty leap in logic and state unequivocally that since I seem to encounter dickheads that therefore, ALL MEN are dickheads.

Yes, it's the sweeping statements. If someone is complaining about their past relationships - then hey, that person KNOWS those people, and they may well be as awful as that person recounts.

But to tell the opposite gender on this board how they think/believe/act, as if they somehow know better than the individuals concerned - I think people have every right to get pissed off by that.

While we don't have control of what people do in real life, we DO have a little control over what happens on this forum. THIS isn't the place to have a *****-fest about the opposite sex. Period.

Badjedidude said:
Haha I'm probably in the minority on this, but I think woman-hating is a good-old-fashioned male bonding ritual. Any time a bunch of guys get together (in my experience) like at a campfire or something, the ***** stories come out (along with the angel-woman and sex stories). ...

That very well could be, but if the girl friends and wives were there then it would be a different story. This board is mixed so the people here should show the same courtesy.

Wow, well I wasn't saying that it's OK to generalize or stereotype women (or men) on THIS FORUM (or at all, really)...I was just saying that, absent of sweeping generalization and in moderation, it really isn't that awful to make the odd remark about the opposite sex. Don't slam me for only half-agreeing! :)

Minus: You're right, this IS mixed company and so I concede the point. -_- Such things should be kept elsewhere.

----Steve

I never really had this issue. I do see it in some of my friends and feel great sympathy for them as it taints their chances for happiness. How can we truly love or bond with someone we don't trust or respect? I once dated a guy that was constantly expecting me to leave - to the point he was pushing me away! I do hope that I positively impact the lives I touch! Not every relationship can work out or be the one we (in an idyllic world) wind up with happily ever after. I have learned that just because a relationship ended does not mean the person I was with was a bad person. I wouldn't have been with them if they were. It means it was not meant to be for the long run or that we have grown in diffent directions or that one or both of us have issues that prevent deep bonding... or multiple reasons, some of which I may never understand. Usually there is a friendship there that is precious and valuable if it can be saved...

Latest posts

Back