Stumped on how to start dating

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-Rock

Reaction score
I have a hard time making friends period, but every once in awhile I connect with someone, and I make a friend, but it only seems to be with other dudes. I never have the same luck with girls, I swear sometimes weeks go by without me talking to a girl for more than 30 seconds. I have tried everything I possibly could think of. i go to bars and there is not even any girls there.
I think it is the physical location of where I am at, like whether I am at work or school or a club or anything, im never put in a position where it is easy to meet a variety of compatible women. the last situation like that was high school. i have friends and coworkers who seem to have more success with the opposite sex than I do, but the number one difference is they seem to be in a healthy social environment (which i am not) so they don't have to try too hard - it just comes naturally to them.
That is the problem when you are a social outcast, problems seem to compound each other until things get out of control.

When I read over the part about having friends and coworkers having more success, my first thought was if you asked a close friend or a close coworker to perhaps try to hook you up with someone they may know. Perhaps a double date.

Do what my roommate does, leech off the success of others. There are plenty of people who do that. And route to go is to socialize with these friends and pay attention to what they do when they are out. At least that is what some people have told me to do.

D-Rock said:
I have a hard time making friends period, but every once in awhile I connect with someone, and I make a friend, but it only seems to be with other dudes. I never have the same luck with girls, I swear sometimes weeks go by without me talking to a girl for more than 30 seconds. I have tried everything I possibly could think of. i go to bars and there is not even any girls there.

Try going to places or clubs where there are more women. For example, animal rescue or Toastmasters, its not a bad idea to get to expose yourself to more ideas or societies either.

VanillaCreme said:
When I read over the part about having friends and coworkers having more success, my first thought was if you asked a close friend or a close coworker to perhaps try to hook you up with someone they may know. Perhaps a double date.
Yeah I've thought about that extensively. My problem is that I haven't grown close to any coworker to the point that I trust them to hook me up with anyone. That's going to take time, but I am growing impatient.
I can honestly say I have maybe two friends away from work, one lives too far away and the other has just as much trouble with women as I do. Even though he has female friends, it is on a very superficial level, and he doesnt even know how to handle them himself.
I believe I should be able to know women without help from other males, but thats not happening.

Latest posts

Back