Summer of '06

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubt The Rabbit

Reaction score
Memories seem
So untouchable now.
A moment in the past.
An image behind glass.
It's almost as if they'd never happened at all.

No matter how I reach,
I'm just too far away.
Those days I left behind,
Those feelings I'll never again find,
Will fade to black like a movie at end.

HOLY CRAP! I love this! an image behind glass gives the image of clawing at the glass wanting to get back what has left you. the last line of the first stanza screams to me. it's what i'm going through. those days where so great and so amazing and while they were happening you thought there is no way i will ever be the same but now you realize nothing has changed regardless of how amazing those days were. you're realizing all that happiness and all that fun you had is now gone and there is no getting it back, a very depressing thought which is finely represented in a beautifully grainy ending of fading into black like the end of a movie. which i liked too because it's as if it WAS a movie now...you look back and see how happy you were and think "that wasn't me. just some actress compared to what i am now." absolutely amazing

O-O Dude, you totally got the point of this. Great job! Also, another thing "fade to black" represents is, you know how a really good memory from a really long time ago isn't as vivid now as it used to be? As our minds are decaying in a downward spiral towards death, we slowly lose the memories we thought we'd never forget. We take our last breaths as our "movie" ends and in that instant it's all gone without proof that it even happened. You know what they say. "There's a possibility that you are the only real thing in this world and everything else around you is a figment of your own imagination."

Latest posts

Back