Sundays and Holidays are lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mountaingirl

I am actually a happy type of person a lot of the time, but have a real problem with holidays and Sundays.  Does anyone else seem to have more of a problem with these days.  Most of the time I can just be very occupied with many things that I enjoy, even work.  But, I dread holidays, especially Christmas.

mountaingirl said:
I am actually a happy type of person a lot of the time, but have a real problem with holidays and Sundays.  Does anyone else seem to have more of a problem with these days.  Most of the time I can just be very occupied with many things that I enjoy, even work.  But, I dread holidays, especially Christmas.

THIS WAS ACCIDENTALLY SENT AS A PRIVATE MESSAGE. I'M REPOSTING IT HERE.

I had a laundry list of reasons to dread holidays but it seems as I'm getting older I've become more accepting of my situation and grateful for what I have. Not to say that its easy. Christmas is hard and the fall and winter seasons, which I love sooooooooo much, are very hard because I suffer from S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder). When spring comes I tend to chipper up.

I find them lonely at times, and just try not to dwell on it too much. I usually rent some dvds of movies that I really want to see, so it sort of feels like a bit special, but I can get lost in the movie and it takes my mind off it.

Sundays aren't so bad, they get boring but not lonely. I spend much of Sunday watching football or catching up on sleep anyway. Christmas Day itself isn't lonely for me because I feel it's the one day that I can take my mind off of anything negative or troubling going on in the world but I'm a very reflective person, so I will feel lonely leading up to Christmas and especially on New Year's. S.A.D. is awful. I hate going through that.

Sundays are very sad and lonely to me. I don't like them at all. I mostly spend those 24 hours reading, watching tv, sleeping in the morning. Holidays are even worse. I can't stand Christmas, and New year's eve too. Everyone seems to be happy while I'm so sad. Fortunately those days come once a year!

I feel most lonely on Fridays...I'm always at home, alone, with nothing to do...

-Fig

I sometimes just feel like I can't go on. My life is nothing but work, work, work. I have to put on a "happy" face at work-sometimes I feel like it will just crack off from smiling with such fakeness. At least I don't have to do that at home.

Guest said:
I feel most lonely on Fridays...I'm always at home, alone, with nothing to do...

-Fig

I agree. Friday's among the lonelinest days along with Saturday.

Latest posts

Back