Sympathy hmmm

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gindu

Reaction score
i'm slightly confused, i have on previous occassions put my hands up as someone people can talk to, yet i have not had a single bit of contact, luckily enough i AM NOT lonely, but it strikes me as slightly annoying that after offering my time, everyone would sooner broadcast how alone they feel then actually make the effort to talk to someone who is will to help.

well, the offer as always stands, but until someone actually makes a bit of effort... my opinion of this forum is greatly lowered.

**** i mean, was it worth me even writing that?

*disgruntled*

lovely morning though, and godday to you all

I picture a doctor in the middle of a hospital full of sick patients getting irritated because they aren't actively tugging on his lab coat for their medicine. That's a kinda ridiculous thing to get annoyed at IMO :p If you see people who you feel you can help, go ahead and post. People with problems post, people who want to offer help and advice respond. It seems to work rather well. Keep in mind that many of us have difficulty with social interaction, and just posting on a forum about our personal issues or dilemmas can be quite hard. So if you're trying to help, maybe you could lighten the burden by making the effort to reply instead of waiting for them to come to you. Thoughtful input is always welcome, and I'm sure the more that people get to know you, the more they will reach out in your direction :)

Gindu, it seems as though you've entered the forum with the assumption that all these lonely people of which you speak would flock to you as a savior and pour mounds of attention on you simply because you've reached your graceful arms down to them.

Come on. Seriously. Maybe instead of complaining about the forum because others haven't flocked to you, YOU should try reaching out by PMing people, joining the conversation, coming to chat, etc. Make yourself a MEMBER and contributing part of the forum and I GUARANTEE that people will respond.

But we're not a bunch of damaged lonely people who will herd to someone offering friendship simply because we're desperate.

YOU have to be the one to make the effort to make friends, just as it is in real life.

What Jedi said. Put the offer on the table and leave it as that. An offer. Not some half-ass attempt to push people to flock to you. We all have friends on here, and maybe some people just feel better talking to their friends on here about things as opposed to someone they don't know. Don't be pushy about it. No one absolutely HAS to talk to you. It's an offer, not a Mafia hit. People can either take it or leave it. I'm not lonely either, but I don't try and force everyone to talk to me. People approach me because I must seem open enough, and of course I'm always willing to talk and help out.

Mind you, not everyone here wants sympathy. They just want someone to talk to, and to listen to them, and relate to what they're saying and how they feel. So put that card away.

Gindu said:
i'm slightly confused, i have on previous occassions put my hands up as someone people can talk to, yet i have not had a single bit of contact, luckily enough i AM NOT lonely, but it strikes me as slightly annoying that after offering my time, everyone would sooner broadcast how alone they feel then actually make the effort to talk to someone who is will to help.

well, the offer as always stands, but until someone actually makes a bit of effort... my opinion of this forum is greatly lowered.

**** i mean, was it worth me even writing that?

*disgruntled*

lovely morning though, and godday to you all

Gindu, I'm sure your a perfectly decent individual and motivated by the best of intentions but your post doesn't read as if you truly understand the depth what loneliness can do to a person.

For example, how is a person supposed to heed your request if they have found themselves isolated by medical problems that hamper their ability to communicate in a social capacity? Or what if the cause of loneliness stems from such crippling self esteem that the afflicted is pathologicaly unable to open up or sustain the sort of dialogue that you are offering to engage them in?
In these instances and many others beside, quite often the only immediate course of action for these people is to have a bloody good rant. You are not being rejected Gindu, it's just that you've had the misfortune to stumble across people, some of whom may just not be ready to take advantage of your generous offer.

Latest posts

Back