Tackling lonely situations

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papparazzzi

Reaction score
Hi,
Outputs of a discussion ... ur ideas please -

" I am as I am ... if we both tolerate each other we can be pals ... till degree of telerance do us part ! "

Now can you give me ideas on resolving loneliness in below situations ?

1. In my cellphone contact list there are about 30 or 40 contacts. No one calls me. Its always I who call them up because Im so bored and lonely.

2. Even when people see me online in chat/messenger no one initiates a conversation. It is alway I who says Hi first !

3. I hardly get any emails from pals.

I think I should consider myself special and stay aloof from all these type of people.

How to tackle these and have a healthy friendship?

:club:

Unacceptance said:
I wish I had a solution, but well, that's why I'm here.

Hell, I envy you for even having contacts.

Sigh.

I second that.

We'll probably be lonely for the rest of our lives, and die bitter old men/women. People like us have probably existed for centuries, but only with the arrival of the internet, have we actually been able to talk to each other and see how many others like us there are.

Caesium said:
We'll probably be lonely for the rest of our lives, and die bitter old men/women. People like us have probably existed for centuries, but only with the arrival of the internet, have we actually been able to talk to each other and see how many others like us there are.

Ye so true. And this is why we wont grow old bitter old men, and women :p lol

I dont see any point barging into other peoples lives and trying to find any kind of acceptance.Im also an individual...interested folks can take the initiative and say hi to me !

The other side .....

Can we finally assume - People make friends if you are of any use to them -

1. You are rich ! :D
2. You have contacts or can help them in some way ;)

It stinks to use people like that... :club:

well, if you feel so guitly for tackling people maybe you're not properly equiped.
Maybe try wearing a helmet and knee pads :p ..........I dunno.

Perhaps alot of this may be true.

I also have to disagree. Not all people make friends with others because they provide something like being rich or wanting to gain something.

One thing I have discovered, having had the blanket of loneliness wrapped around me for so long, is that many times the loneliness we feel is self imposed. We hide ourselves from the world, and then wonder why we don't know anyone. I am only speaking from my own personal experience, I am not trying to judge anyone.

I know for the longest time I used to wonder why no one emailed me. Why my cell phone never rang. Why no one would pm me. Or say hi to me. Or talk to me. It had to me. Maybe I was too ugly. Or too fat. Or too poor. Or too shy.

Loneliness and depression can be a trap. It sucks us in, like quicksand. The harder we try to escape the further we sink. It starts to warp our self preceptions.

I am only speaking from my own self experience...I know the pain I felt was real, just as your own loneliness hurts more than I could ever realize. But there comes a time when we must choose what we are going to do. It is hard...so very hard...to escape this trap. It means that we will have to do things that may hurt us, may make us feel bad for a time.

Once we do escape, however, we see that the world really isn't that bad. The world is simply the world, and is indifferent to us all.

Take the time to say Hi to a stranger. Give of yourself selflessy, never expect anything back in return. Do these, and you may be surprised how it comes back to you.

grundel70 said:
I am only speaking from my own self experience...

It pretty much speaks for mine also. Still stuck in the quicksand though. Have had my head out enough to glimpse the path but still struggling though.

grundel70 said:
The world is simply the world, and is indifferent to us all.

That describes it well.

Ya... but i think theres no harm doing what one likes and helping others on the way - thats the best way and finding something interesting to do, indulge urself,entertain urself ! .... who wants to be popular ??? ... like a Joker :p

Cheers !

Latest posts

Back