talking 2 an idiot

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

NewBirth

okay. not trying 2 b cruel. but has anybody else out there ever had a friend thats basically an idiot LoL. but a nice person?
did u ever feel guilty 4 thinking of them as an idiot in the 1st place?
what r/were some of the feelings u had/have when dealing w/them?

Sorry to burst your bobble guys but this thread has got to be about me lol

Well

maybe ;)

MY mum NB,, shes the nicest person in the world and would do anything for anyone and I love her of course I do but BOY! can she be stupid lol Sometimes she winds me up with it

NewBirth said:
okay. not trying 2 b cruel. but has anybody else out there ever had a friend thats basically an idiot LoL. but a nice person?

If you think they're an idiot..chances are other people do too! Protect your friend whenever you can. They need you. Because sometimes idiotocy is just a mask for inexperience or innocence. This world has its fill of lions..tigers..and bears. A little dumbness should be welcomed

I agree that it's hard to deal with a foolish person. My sister's friend is very, very naive and selfish and foolish as well. She finds her friend very aggravating.

However, a friend loveth at all times...even when your friend is doing stupid stuff! Remember to treat them how you would want to be treated. You might have a smarter friend who finds you a bit stupid, but they put up with you, right? So treat this foolish friend as you would want to be treated in their shoes.

I have one friend as described by you, NB. I always thought i was the bad one thinking she's an idiot? But i always focus on her positive characteristics and kindness.
She probably doesn't know it (that she's acting like one), too naive as well. Irks me sometimes with the behaviour lol but i try to put up with it as much as i can since she's been kind to me all the while. I just take it as how she really is.

don't have any idiot friends.. but i have this one friend who is so hard to talk to. She misinterprets EVERYTHING you say to her.. n takes in in a negative way. If you say, you can't go to the movies tonight because you have no money, she will say 'you aren't going because you are avoiding me.'. And that's just simple stuff having a conversation with her .. is like talking to someone who speaks another language .. cause she always says that you said stuff that you didn't. Then when you say you never said that she says you implied it... if you ask how she'll tell you you implied it by saying something which didn't mean what she got from it at all.
and she's just difficult... really difficult.. lol how i deal with it is.. we argue everytime we speak.. but we still speak =)

nah dont feel bad if you think the person is an idiot.. i think idiots are kool, i would imagine the conversations would have a lot of laughter in em ..

lol n by the way guys.. it's prolly bout me :/

Well... I have to admit that one of my greater faults is that I am biased against stupid people... I see a stupid person and I just assume that they are stupid. lol.
But seriously, I am not friends with downright stupid people. Some of my friends are unbelievably innocent and naive, but they aren't stupid. I can't handle being around stupid people, they piss me off. I try to be more tolerant, but I can't help it.

NewBirth said:

Ooh, I just love Q&As. :D

No. I never felt guilty that I thought of a friend as an idiot because a) I wasn't responsible for making said person mentally deficient and b) it wouldn't make me love them any less.

Frustration and embarassment.

jales said:
cause she always says that you said stuff that you didn't. Then when you say you never said that she says you implied it... if you ask how she'll tell you you implied it by saying something which didn't mean what she got from it at all.
and she's just difficult... really difficult..
all jokes 2 the side Lmao... this honestly sounds like my x

thx all 4 answering. every post had something i rel8 2 in it
this isnt the type of stupidity caused by being naive or innocent though. this is just dense
basically i feel like qui. but im going 2 keep trying though
maybe if i just try 2 picture the person as age 5 LoL. ill b able 2 approach it all better

bitchy ppl i find really ez 2 deal w/unless im in a relationship (not plutonic) w/them

NewBirth said:
bitchy ppl i find really ez 2 deal w/unless im in a relationship (not plutonic) w/them

Is this why you get along so well with me? :D

And the word is "platonic" ;) Plutonic is what I would call someone from Pluto.

This is me being bitchy.

Colette said:
NewBirth said:

Is this why you get along so well with me? :D

And the word is "platonic" ;) Plutonic is what I would call someone from Pluto.

This is me being bitchy.
right. right... thats xactly right. i was even thinking about u when i wrote that LoL
thx 4 the correction. but i always use the quartz form ;)

I love dealing with bitchy people! I'm a horrible person for doing this, but I have on occasion pissed people off just to see how mad they would go over a tiny thing. And I love being passive-aggressive with bitchy people I dislike until they freak out at me and then going all crazybitch at them for freaking out at me. I am a horrible crazybitch when I'm in insomniac mode... but I'm not very often so feel free to breathe a sigh of relief.

I think someone who think a friend is a idiot is not a very nice person! I would be friends with her anyway regardless b/c as long as she's a nice person. I rather deal with idiots then nasty people, because in my opinion nasty people are idiots!!

Latest posts

Back