Telephone Tech question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjam

Reaction score
Here's what I'd like to accomplish. I want to be able to MANUALLY attach a note (think of it as a person or company's name) to any phone number such that future incoming calls from that number come with a display of the name I assigned on my phone or other CID display. "True Caller ID" is how I think of it.

Nevermind the strength of my telephone service provider's CID service. I'd do the work myself. Simple.
Number shows up. If I haven't assigned a name to it, then I answer. I discover who it is. Then I go back and assign a name to it. From that point on, I'll see that name WITH that number through any device that will display it (TV, computer, phone).

Any ideas, or am I missing something about the law on this stuff that makes this impossible?

I don't know. I'm just sick of getting calls and not knowing who the **** I'll be dealing with when I pick up. A phone number isn't enough. I'm thinking I may have to go about it the hard way (just create an incoming calls database). Actually, that's not a hard way at all. It just isn't convenient for display purposes. But yeah... Excel would accommodate me just fine. 3 columns, one of which is incoming caller's number and another being the caller's name. And, of course, ctrl+F... If only I could write a program that would take in the CID data that shows on my computer as a command to immediately open my spreadsheet and, behind the scenes, execute ctrl+F with the search field being filled by the phone number that appears on screen... hmmmm.... Time to open up the old c++ book.

Latest posts

Back