Tell me I am not the only one who overhypes these occurences...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

eh?

I think I am to the point where any type of communication or even acknowledgment of my existence is considered, to me, flirting. A bad state to be in.

Here was the scenario.
Usual weekend. Sneakers got ruined by cutting grass. Figured I would purchase a new pair. Go up to the local shoe store quickly pick shoes and proceed to register.
The cashier was, by my standards (and probably most others standards), very attractive. Physically ideal. Personality, unknown, though the hints I gathered were not what I was hoping for. Anyway, she is scanning my items and proceeds to make small talk. I find it odd but dismiss it as pleasantries. Made the purchase with credit card so I presented my I.D. where she made further remarks. Not in the flirty sense as in "You look good" or "Nice photo" but more in the "You look different". Exact words were "You look so young in your pic without the beard" or close. I saw my chances as almost 0 so I just dismissed it with a generic reply and went on my way.

What I find troubling is that for the next hour or so, I had some kind of emotional glow. My brain took it as if she was actually flirting with me, although obviously not. Almost any conversation generated by the opposite sex toward me is considered, to my brain at least, flirting or the equivalent of "I like you". Even prolonged glances are take that way.

I need to find a way to solve it because this artificial high hurts more when it crashes.

Cliff Notes:
*My brain is broken
*Finds flirting in any form of communication from opposite sex
*Considers it a problem
*Needs help fixing it

P.S. Please excuse me if my sentences jumble together or don't make sense. Social issues aren't the only thing(s) my brain isn't very good at.

Don't worry, eh, I pretty much do the same thing if it's someone I don't already know. I know that feeling; total afterglow, lol. A girl talking to me in any way is like, the highlight of my life for a good two days.

I felt very similar when I was a bit younger, that "glow" feeling. :) It feels nice to have any amount of attention paid to you by the opposite sex, at least that's how I found it. ^.^;

Don't trip..man. Screw guilt...
She didn't say...get the fresia out of the store or gave you an evil look:p

She complimented you...take it as it is. There's nothing wrong with that.

Inneract with more women and flirt back with them.

Let go of the feeling of being rejected or feelings of not deserving...it's about as simple as that.

The next time you inneract with a woman, compliment her.
I do it all the time...sometimes they flirt back.

just recently ....The girls at the office inneracted with me and flirted with me.
They did it on purpose to help me feel more comfortiable around women..They knew i was single again
and that I've been in a long term relations. I would had a hard time looking at women and inneracting with women.
It help me mellow the messed out...becuase I isolated myself for a years..being around people made my skin crawled.
I have pultonic relationship with some women..they flirt with me, hug me or make body contacts with me all the time.

I had a female friend that used to let me play with her hands and run my fingers through her hair all the time.
Flirt..flirt big time...Sometimes we'll just roll on the couch like little kids.
She was datin someone all ready.
She knew I needed help to feel comfortiable around women.

I don't trip out too hard and find it easier to inneract with other women that I wanted to date.

heck that's how I met my wife..She probably was giving hints the entired time. I never took it into considerations..
I thought she was way..way out of my league. She truned down all of my friends that asked her out.
So in my mind..I didn't even tired or thought about it. She had to actaully ask me out :p

Try taking an inventory of your childhood and how you were raised..
Maybe you were tuaght that thinking about girls was a sin.
Maybe you were an elder brother and had to protect your sister.
maybe no one taught you how to be around girls.
Maybe you watched your mother get abused by men...
Don't get a girl pregnaunt...etc

These experince or data served their purpose for your parents or you as a child.
They no longer serve you....Yet you still have a strong belief that having good feelings for women is some sort immoral fiber.
You're still surpressing your feelings or trying to deny feelings for girls.
The fears, guilt and shame might be subtle.

I had to do a lot of de programing or reparenting...
For the longest time I felt sex was sort of a dirty act (even with my wife). it was subtle.
Internal conflicts or broken brain...as you say.

Lonesome Crow said:
Don't trip..man. Screw guilt...
She didn't say...get the fresia out of the store or gave you an evil look:p

She complimented you...take it as it is. There's nothing wrong with that.

Interact with more women and flirt back with them.

Let go of the feeling of being rejected or feelings of not deserving...it's about as simple as that.

The next time you interact with a woman, compliment her.
I do it all the time...sometimes they flirt back.

just recently ....The girls at the office interacted with me and flirted with me.
They did it on purpose to help me feel more comfortable around women..They knew i was single again
and that I've been in a long term relations. I would had a hard time looking at women and interacting with women.
It help me mellow the messed out...because I isolated myself for a years..being around people made my skin crawled.
I have platonic relationship with some women..they flirt with me, hug me or make body contacts with me all the time.

I had a female friend that used to let me play with her hands and run my fingers through her hair all the time.
Flirt..flirt big time...Sometimes we'll just roll on the couch like little kids.
She was dating someone all ready.
She knew I needed help to feel comfortable around women.

I don't trip out too hard and find it easier to interact with other women that I wanted to date.

heck that's how I met my wife..She probably was giving hints the entire time. I never took it into considerations..
I thought she was way..way out of my league. She turned down all of my friends that asked her out.
So in my mind..I didn't even tired or thought about it. She had to actually ask me out :p

Try taking an inventory of your childhood and how you were raised..
Maybe you were taught that thinking about girls was a sin.
Maybe you were an elder brother and had to protect your sister.
maybe no one taught you how to be around girls.
Maybe you watched your mother get abused by men...
Don't get a girl pregnant...etc

These experience or data served their purpose for your parents or you as a child.
They no longer serve you....Yet you still have a strong belief that having good feelings for women is some sort immoral fiber.
You're still suppressing your feelings or trying to deny feelings for girls.
The fears, guilt and shame might be subtle.

I had to do a lot of de-programing or re-parenting...
For the longest time I felt sex was sort of a dirty act (even with my wife). it was subtle.
Internal conflicts or broken brain...as you say.

I get what you are hinting at.
But I do not believe she was at all flirting with me. I would fully accept it if she was. I believe it was just idle chit-chat. My brain interpreted as flirtation though.

I understand that...so i think :p
Women sexually stimulate you.

Just allow yourself to feel your emotions as they are.

Get a girl friend. Start dating women. Inneract with women more..

my ex-GF use to walk around the house naked all the time...at first it would stimulate the
heck out of me..but after seeing walk around naked all the time..I became less stimulated
by her nakedness.

I would instintlly get sexaully arrosed by my ex-wf if I see her naked or have anytype
of body contacts with her for the first 6 months of our relationship.

Just like the girls at the office..after around a month of having flirty types of inneractions
with them...I can actaully sit at a table and have a bussiness discussions with them witout
my brian going into sexual fantacies...

Just like my plutonic friends...getting hugs and having body contacts with them all the time
I became accustomed to that...after a while I can just hang out with them without my mind
getting sexually stimulated.

My brain crossed the threashold..so anytype of inneractions with women wasn't always sexaul.

I think if you get into a sexaul relationship with a woman have sex with her all the time...Even if you
met a girl in public that started flirting with you...it wouldn't phase you.

That's why the girls at the office flirted with me all the time...they were all married.
When I wasn't single..I bascaily felt the sameway if a woman flirted with me by squeezing her boobs together to make them stand up
,lick her toung, flick her hair, bite her lips and winked at me.

I live in CA..I'm used to seeing tits and Ass all the time. Girls walks around almost half naked during the summer.
Or i used to go to the beach all the times...plenty of almost naked bodies all the time.
It gets so crowed...you simply inneract with people all the time...chit chat, flirting or whatever. My brain got accustom
to seeing G strings all the time...it's not a big deal.

Lonesome Crow said:
...I can actaully sit at a table and have a bussiness discussions with them witout
my brian going into sexual fantacies...

You know, there's some typos I really, really wish you wouldn't make.

I have the opposite problem...I think that people are wanting to start a fight with me or are looking at me funny or for too long. I get very aggressive and will start a fight..or make very NOT nice comments about the staring problem that they seem to have. So I think everybody I come across really dislikes me.

ledchick said:
I have the opposite problem...I think that people are wanting to start a fight with me or are looking at me funny or for too long. I get very aggressive and will start a fight..or make very NOT nice comments about the staring problem that they seem to have. So I think everybody I come across really dislikes me.

You are an attractive lady so it isn't odd if people stare.
;)

Hey eh,
I'm thinking... it's possible that she WAS flirting with you. If she didn't care to talk to you, she wouldn't have even said a thing, just rung you up and let you go. In any case, she was initiating a conversation that you didn't reciprocate. Maybe the next time something like this happens, you should let go of any worries that "you're not good enough" and just talk to the girl. Even if you feel like she's flirting, and she really isn't (or she is), it never hurts to have a polite conversation with someone. You might even be pleasantly surprised.
If you find you don't have the courage to talk to a pretty lady, then just remember this; She, like you, has to do a little thing called poop. So yeah, she poops, how pretty is that eh? Now go talk to her... :p

alonerly said:
Hey eh,
I'm thinking... it's possible that she WAS flirting with you. If she didn't care to talk to you, she wouldn't have even said a thing, just rung you up and let you go. In any case, she was initiating a conversation that you didn't reciprocate. Maybe the next time something like this happens, you should let go of any worries that "you're not good enough" and just talk to the girl. Even if you feel like she's flirting, and she really isn't (or she is), it never hurts to have a polite conversation with someone. You might even be pleasantly surprised.
If you find you don't have the courage to talk to a pretty lady, then just remember this; She, like you, has to do a little thing called poop. So yeah, she poops, how pretty is that eh? Now go talk to her... :p

ha. Easier said than done.
Not very good with carrying a conversation (even worse at initiating them). I would probably give the same or similar responses regardless of the person. I can do well, though, if given extended time with the person... but I can never even get to that stage.

I do like that poop thing (this sounds more odd than I intend...). We all s*** and it all stinks.

Brian said:
Don't worry, eh, I pretty much do the same thing if it's someone I don't already know. I know that feeling; total afterglow, lol. A girl talking to me in any way is like, the highlight of my life for a good two days.

awww that's so sweet :D

Thats why we need to be nice to people. Even those we meet only briefly, we never know what effect our words may have!

eh? said:
I do like that poop thing (this sounds more odd than I intend...). We all s*** and it all stinks.

Eh....
I hope you don't use that as a pick up line.lol
I can only imagine..
" hey babe...I do like that poop thing"...lmao

I tried to used the poop thing as an aynalogy to my GF once.
She didn't get it.
Probably too much bleach soaked through her skull from her
bleached blonde hair.

I told her flush all the bullshit (worries) down the drain as she would with her poop...In other words you don't nit pick and aynalize your
honeysuckle...you just flush it away...
(Letting go and don't figure it out)

Then again...who knows what she dose behind close doors.
She say she's busy or putting on make up...but you never know.lol

Lonesome Crow said:
eh? said:

Eh....
I hope you don't use that as a pick up line.lol
I can only imagine..
" hey babe...I do like that poop thing"...lmao

Well... I was going to use it...
*scratches "I do like that poop thing" out of pickup line book"

So now I am down to "My lips are skittles, wanna taste the rainbow?"
and "Well, here I am. What were your other two wishes?"

Latest posts

Back