Thanksgiving and Dec. holidays

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

unlucky

Well Thanksgiving ,Christmas and Kwanzza is coming up( friends and family holiday)What is everybody doing toonot feel more lonely?

unlucky said:
Well Thanksgiving ,Christmas and Kwanzza is coming up( friends and family holiday)What is everybody doing toonot feel more lonely?

Try and pretend it's a day like any other. :D

Sleeping a lot more than usual. Alternatively I was considering actually becoming a bear and going into hibernation, and then waking up in the spring when the suns shining.

I'll probably stay up until 7am on christmas eve then sleep until 6-7 in the evening. Open presents, have dinner, go back to my room.

Other options are:-Walk up on the moore or the common. On christmas day you will see nobody and have no reminders or christmas anywhere. Go out early, bring lunch in backpack, come back late.

-For the surreal, walk into the city centre. Will be pretty much deserted and so I will probably be able to go in and stay relaxed.

Also, I saw this and thought of here (note the writing on the cake)
22a98ffd73a5d0f1d3d9805564e97e5e.jpg

Usually Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve were held at my place. I'm Italian (one skip away from the motherland) so Christmas day means nothing. I usually do the whole fish thing Christmas Eve and then we open up presents. Thanksgiving was usually a lot of cooking for me and 5 minutes of eating for everyone else.

Sadly, this year none of that is going to be. I had to move back with mom this past April and it doesn't feel the same doing it here. It's not my house and I don't feel like having a holiday.

Christmas morning I slip out before anyone else is up so I can take a nice walk before dawn. I love being out at the park on christmas, the crisp air and solitude are the only things I need. Being around others on christmas make me bitter that the birthday of a dead guy can so disproportionately overshadow my own that my own mother tends to forget it. Then I get back from my walk and the family unit will be mad as my absence has undoubtedly disrupted the festivities. Next comes the guilty part when everyone gives things to everyone else though they have no legitimate reason to and wouldn't ever even bother to speak with me if it weren't for that pesky little "we're related" thing. So I hang around for that and breakfast before bailing again to spend the rest of the day either alone or with my few jewish friends. Did I mention I don't approve of this holiday? Or thanksgiving for that matter... do we really need a holiday that endorses weight gain?

I'm not a big fan of christmas, and I've signed up for work on christmas eve to get away from home. It's a very fun day to work at, and I'm looking forward to it. I'll be home in the evening giving, and opening up some presents with my family. That's the only part I like about christmas ^^

We don't celebrate thanksgiving here in Sweden.

unlucky said:
thxgiving=hell. & what happened 2 hanukkah???

NewBirth said:
unlucky said:
thxgiving=hell. & what happened 2 hanukkah???

You're right. And no one mentioned Ramadahn but that came early this year anyway.

Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukah
Happy Kwanzaa
Ramadahn Mubarak

Am I missing anyone?

Cosmic Kid said:
Just last night, my sister called and told be Thanksgiving dinner is to be at her house this year. 1 pm on Thursday.

Last year I had no choice, I had to miss all of my family's Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. I just could't endure the wholesome family thing. I've been so lonely for so long, I'm really looking forward to it this year.

What a difference a year makes, but, I'm still so sad as I write this.

I'm happy to hear that you're looking forward to it. Chances are a half hour into dinner you may be running for the door. :D Hopefully not.

This year I spend Christmas away from the bulk of my family. I'll stay here and work as much as I can. I have spent Christmas alone before... it doesn't bother me too much. I used to love being around family for holidays, but since I'm the last single person in my family, I've been avoiding these holiday events more and more. The topic always comes up "seeing anyone?" or "you should find yourself a little woman." or "there's always those mail order brides." I never provoke these comments... for some reason everybody wants to set me up :( My best friends parents even tried to get me to go to their church cause there's some young single Filipino girl there they wanted me to meet. My uncle even threatened to spread rumors that I'm gay unless I get a girlfriend LMAO that'd be just great.... not only am I always single... now I'll start getting harassed by people thinking I'm gay for no reason :p

I think the spirit of the holidays is something I really need. I've been looking more forward to it as each day goes by. It's weird this year for me because I don't think I've ever yearned for this feeling.

Anyways, I'm hoping to go up north to Wisconsin this Christmas. I haven't seen all of the family for over a year. (well, my dad's side is kind of big--he's 1 of nine). Usually, we celebrated my dad's side on X-mas Eve, and my mom's side on X-mas Day.

With my dad's new job, we may not be going up. Oh well, I just can't wait until Black Friday. It's when we start putting up Christmas decorations while listening to Christmas songs.

I guess being lonely has a perk...no need to buy gifts for friends...don't got any. Hmm...I guess it's not much of a perk. It's all about giving. Oh, I say Christmas when I type X-mas, so if you got a problem with it...Deal!

Wave Shock said:
Oh, I say Christmas when I type X-mas, so if you got a problem with it...Deal!

I have a problem with it. You've offended my lord and saviour.

Just kidding.:D

today marks day 1 of 5 str8 days of hell :D
ill b putting my countdown here daily
(this is a vent LoL)

Am I the only one around here who thinks Thanksgiving is such a lovely warm time of the year? I love getting to spend time with my family. Especially in today's world where we never know what terrible tragedy might happen next that could take our family members away from us.

back home that last year, i volunteered at a food pantry, they'd feed the masses, I was the only white person for miles, which suited me just fine, got to sit and smile and help other old ladies, wound up driving a bunch of them back to Newark when their resident bus forgot to come and pick them up, had a ball, was so nice being with people again.

now that I am living in the land that time forgot, I will:

1. Definitely over indulge in one or two or three or four treats that I, in my twisted logic, will think I deserve to indulge in because that will become my big present to myself, lol (used to be Junior's Cheesecake, this year I have no idea what I can forage to find. I am not going to pay some outrageous shipping fees to order a Junior's cheesecake on line, they were already expensive as hell at $16.00... )Hmmmmm, maybe three bags of Lindt's white and milk chocolate truffles????

2. I guess i will crack out the watercolors and devote myself to a good 2 hours of trying to master this difficult medium (dedication is not my forte, I like things to miraculously appear, but alas, I cannot jump on my magic carpet of wide ranging talent anymore, not at my age

3. When I get good and sick and tired that I am NOT channeling Norman Rockwell nor Rembrandt, I will turn to a good book, books are my only friends, they are always waiting for me to pick them up and hold them in my arms, they will offer me places I will never see and people I will never know but wish I could and excitements or sorrows I probably am familar with and then I can relive the nostalgia of actually living a life.

4. I will play some good music and light lots of candles.... have always loved a good talking candle, I can listen to it's comfortable voice of light until I drift to sleep

The holidays are particularly hard for me too although I love what the essence of Christmas represents. Many people have found hope, faith and a reason to carry and know that there is light in such adark world because of the birth of that "dead guy". I do, it makes me think outside of myself and my own personal sorrows. Even if you don't beleive in Christmas or Thanksgiving they are both about being thankful for what you and and being thankful for what you have made it through. I can sit a feel sorry about the things that I don't have and I can also sit and ponder the many blessings that I have in my life and the later always outweighs th former.

Negative attitudes are like negatively charged particles, all they do is repel.

Latest posts

Back