The art of getting off your ass

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
What do you think is the single most important element to getting things done, living the life you want, and accomplishing goals? It’s ACTION. It’s getting off your ass and going for it!

You can dream, you can talk, and you can plan; but nothing is going to happen until you take that first step. It’s the difference between a sayer and a doer. It’s the difference between change and remaining the same. And most importantly it’s the difference between living your life the way you want and being forced to live it in another way.

Questions to ask yourself and answer:
What’s preventing me from taking action? Is it fear? Embarrassment?
Is it physically holding me down?
Who created these barriers?
After you’ve asked yourself these questions; you’ve probably come to an interesting conclusion. YOU are the one preventing yourself from getting off your behind. It’s the fear you’ve created and it’s the embarrassment you think you’ll have to endure. Almost none of these barriers are physically present; you’re just imagining them in your head.

You are your greatest enemy
You are the one who is your toughest critic; your biggest competition; and your greatest enemy. Right now this is preventing you from taking action but once you get going, it’ll beneficial for improving yourself.

Here are some tips that will help you get off your ass and onto your feet.

Figure out what you want to do now; not what you want to do forever
Young people are constantly asked what they want to do with the rest of their lives. Most of them don’t have a single clue; and that’s just fine. A lot of older people don’t either. Our passions and pursuits are always evolving. But to get yourself off your ass now; you need to know what you want to do now.

Perhaps you want to become healthier, go traveling, or become a social entrepreneur. You might not want to do it when your 80 years old but you’re willing and able to do it now.

Stop wishing you could go back in time
Each of us has wished we could go back in time so that we could either start over or strike while the iron was hot. I have wished this with Lyved. If I had started this blog back in 2004 when blogs were just taking off, this site would already be a full time business. I was too busy chasing the get-rich-quick ideas. Thankfully this thought didn’t cross my mind on launch day. It would have certainly have discouraged me and kept me wishing and wasting energy on the shoulda’s, coulda’s, and woulda’s.

You can’t go back in time, but the next best thing is now. To get ahead tomorrow, you need to start today. The clock is ticking.

Tick… tock…

Quit the moanin’, groanin’ and complainin’
You’re wasting so much time complaining that you don’t have any money, life’s unfair, and that you’re unlucky. If you took some of the effort it takes to complain and put it towards something good, you’d be amazed at the results.

I’m sorry to say it but no one really cares what you’re complaining about. If you want something done, you MUST do it yourself.

Tick… tock… The clock hands are still moving.

Turn your frustrations into something beneficial
If you’re complaining then something is frustrating you. The best thing to do is use that frustration to empower you. Difficult times and circumstances can either force someone to give up, if they’re weak; or for the strong, it’ll fuel their fire.

A few things to remember:
No one is going to rescue you; not even the government.
YOU are the one who is preventing you from success. And you hold the key to living the life you desire. You just have to unlock the door.
The clock is ticking. Tick… tock…
The G.O.Y.A. (getting off your ass) Checklist
Before you can get off your ass and onto your feet, there are a few requirements necessary to do so. They aren’t difficult, and anyone can find them; no matter what age, race, or how much you have in your bank account.

[ ] Passion – If you don’t have passion for whatever it is you’re doing, you’re likely to fall right back on your butt.

[ ] Positivity & a sense of humor

[ ] Beneficial friends – You need to have friends who will help you rise when you fall; not ones who are sitting on their own asses.

[ ] A model – Not Tyra Banks or Kate Moss, but someone who has achieved what you want to. Read everything about them, listen to them, and model your mind like theirs. You must retain your own uniqueness as well, never steal ideas, or try to be someone else.

[ ] Knowledge & intrigued – You need to take the time to open yourself and open a book or two. You’re going to learn a lot along the way, but it doesn’t hurt to get your feet wet as well.

[ ] A smile – You’d be surprised at how far it’ll get you.

[ ] Focus

[ ] A strong will

[ ] A past failure – Why? To motivate your ass to never taste defeat like that again.

http://www.lyved.com/success/the-art-of-getting-off-your-ass/

A very sensible article, containing good advice. TY for posting it Naleena.

well...I don't think mine is art yet...lol
Or it's probably modern art.
I'm trying to to be consitence about it.

You knows what's good about loosing all that you ever loved ?
It dosn't bother me anymore what people think or say
about me. F-it, she's not pop'in out of her grave anytime soon.
I'm not afraid of dying anymore that's for **** sure.
Holy crap...how the fresia am I going to live with out her ?
F it...if I die doing it..it's all good.

It's cut and dry, I have to do it for me.

Btw..life is really, really too freaken short..stop buring daylight.lol

I figured it out now, whats holding me is my own lazy ass. This is my 6th or 7th visit to the thread and I never even bothered reading it till now. I must change my stupid lazy attitude.

Thank you Very much Nal:)

btw I actually did read it, im not that lazy nal. :p
btw how have you been, I havent talked to you in forever, you should message me sometime.

Latest posts

Back