The atmosphere in the Uni is getting on my nerves!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFrenchy

Reaction score
What a shame! Why the students at school act as if they were grown-ups? As if they were so busy that they can't take the time to get to know you a little more; all the talk turns around exams and marks. That's it. If you invite them to go out sometimes they will most of the time argue that they have so much to do! If you talk to a girl it has to be your girlfriend, if not everybody will think you are chatting her up! Lucky you if some of them accept you on facebook! I swear I've got a quite good number of people at school who I at least say regularly hello to, and it happens to even get the time to have pleasant talks together around the coffee machine. But once you have finished with your last course you just get the hell back home! Nobody will ever suggest you to have a drink on a friday evening after school! And if you ask somebody the answer is very likely to be NO I'M BUSY!That's annoying as well as depressing. I must have watched to many movies but I didn't think that it would have been so boring actually..

a drink on a friday evening after school! And if you ask somebody the answer is very likely to be NO I'M BUSY!

what uni are you going to?

tons of people drink here, there's literally 20 bars just across the street from campus

try asking around if people are planning on hitting the bars or going to a house party most of that is open invite if you know where it is you can just show up

it takes some time getting know people at uni

good luck

*hugs*

:)

evanescencefan makes a good suggestion.

You should also keep in mind that not every university is a party college. For example, I just recently visited a university that's dry. Drinking isn't allowed. Other colleges may allow drinking, but it isn't the focus at that particular campus.

Wait, lemme get this straight:

You're complaining that university students are acting MATURE AND DEDICATED TO THEIR STUDIES???

lololollolol

Badjedidude said:
Wait, lemme get this straight:

You're complaining that university students are acting MATURE AND DEDICATED TO THEIR STUDIES???

lololollolol

No, he's complaining that they're anti-social tightasses who don't balance life and study and create an uptight atmosphere that just isn't healthy...

I can't emphasize with you though. I'm finding uni quite the opposite, we've got a bar on campus and people are generally pretty laid back. Even people I knew in high school that were pretty bad are alright at uni. But I guess that's luck... or it could be just looking at similiar things differently, I don't know :p

The Uni I go to is quite remote from every living thing. There is yet a Chinese Restaurant not far, it is about a 5 minutes walk from it. But it sucks. And it's a restaurant anyway. Apart from that there are 2 cafeterias and a kind of loundge where you can sit on a sofa and have a coffee (they don't sell alcohol) and play pools, but I'm not talking about that..
I'm not complaining that university students be dedicated to their studies. I'm sorry but look you can't make me swallow that you ALWAYS have something to revise or prepare for the day after?! Even if it is the case hey dude relax! These are supposed to be the best years of your insignificant life, so chill the fresia out!
I see that everybody has their own circle of friends. I'm not saying that everybody lives on their own. But when you try to get closer to them there is always the most part of their group who won't make you feel at ease and try to integrate you into their circle. You are a stranger and will always be seen as such.
I see that in general when people have found a circle of friends to belong to, they very often exclude anyone else who'd want to become part of it. You are a threat to the balance of their group.
Can you really consider yourself as a true social human being when you are just being social with your own kind or your own group and refuse any new connexion?
There are even people who you used to say hello to with a kiss on the cheek, and sometimes you cross them in a corridor or somewhere and they act like they haven't seen you!
I'm sorry but I stick to my first impression of Uni. On a relationship/friendship level it is at best crap.
But it might also depend on the Uni you are in, mine is worthless.

Latest posts

Back