The Confession Booth

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poguesy said:
I once had a wet fart whilst playing the bandit in the pub.

I'm pretty sure that I don't want to know what "playing the bandit" even means.

A few years ago a girl asked me for a cigarette while I was on my way to get some weed. My dealer didnt have any and on the way back I saw her again riding her bike slowly along the road. Completely out of character I called out to her and she came over. We ended up walking down the road talking and she offered to buy me a drink. She locked her bike oustide the pub and we sat in the garden talking about aliens and spirits. I told her about me trying to get some weed and she pulled out her bag a crumpled up joint which she re-rolled and we smoked. She was cold so I let her wear my coat. The weed and beer made me feel uncomfortable inside and I feared embarressing myself infront of her so I told her I was going to the toilet. As I walked off I looked back at her as she was telling me she will be waiting. I didnt go to the toilet, I walked out the pub and across the road where I looked backed and asked myself if I was really doing this, then proceeded to go home :( For about 5 days her bike remained locked outside the pub(before being claimed by the local crackheads).
I beat myself up about that night for weeks... months even! :club:

AL_23! Why did you do that! Did you leave your jacket with her? She must've felt really bad man. She probably waited there for a bit before trying to find you. Ah AL I don't know how you could have done that to the poor girl. Were you that uncomfortable? I don't understand! You must have been really anxious to get away or something, I don't know.

Psst Fitz....

The fact he's writing about it on a thread with 'confession' in the title suggests he may be aware of that!

No need to pile on the guy...

I didn't mean to pile on him Rex. Really, I didn't mean to come off as harshly as that. I'm only after re-reading my response, and you're right, it's a dumb response, it is. Sorry AL_23. I wasn't trying to be an *******, I've done that sorta thing before, I've bailed on many a situation for complex reasons, so please forgive me. I know how you feel, I just rushed that comment, 'cause I was looking at it from her side, as I've been on that side before. Look, bottom line is I understand why you did it and I'm not criticizing you or anything, my response was just too rushed without thinking it over properly. There, I hope I've cleared up my mistake a bit, I just didn't post the first response with everything considered. honeysuckle, I feel like a massive twat... I'm sorry.

Now I feel like a dick...

What you said earlier struck me as comic rather than nasty - just that the subtext of AL's post seemed to be that he'd done something dumb and...well your response just struck me as funny more than anything else.

I don't think the first response would offend all that much, just read as comically harsh to me, more than anything.

It came off comically harsh? Did I come off sarcastic or something, like I was taking the piss? He seemed to be beating himself up over it, so I was just trying to... ah forget it, I'm just getting confused now. "The subtext of his post seemed to be that he'd done something dumb"..? I'm starting to forget what's even going on. I'd say we just let it go, I apologise for coming off as harsh/sarcastic, but I didn't mean either, so there you go... let's make peace with my original response. There was no rhyme or reason to the madness of the post, it was just madness. A rush of blood to the head while writing it perhaps... Who knows! What a ludicrous state of affairs that was..

^^^^^
I have no idea what the hell that is, no idea.

Yeah, I didn't explain what I meant very well...

Imagine a conversation where the first person says 'there was one time I was talking to this girl, and I felt so self-conscious I left without telling her', then the second guy comes back with 'why would you leave without telling her? What sort of person would do that? Don't you feel guilty?'
Sort of hearing a guy beating himself up, and rather than sympathising, joining in with the process of beating up...

Anyway, that's the impression I got reading it. Feel a bit of a jerk for laughing at it now!

I once conned a number of people to give me money that was meant to be for charity to feed my gambling addiction.

I now pay regular donations to pay for that particular sin.

Fitz said:
AL_23! Why did you do that! Did you leave your jacket with her? She must've felt really bad man. She probably waited there for a bit before trying to find you.
Anonymous Rex said:
Psst Fitz....
The fact he's writing about it on a thread with 'confession' in the title suggests he may be aware of that!
No need to pile on the guy...
Fitz said:
I didn't mean to pile on him Rex. Really, I didn't mean to come off as harshly as that. Sorry AL_23. I wasn't trying to be an *******, I've done that sorta thing before, I've bailed on many a situation for complex reasons, so please forgive me. honeysuckle, I feel like a massive twat... I'm sorry.

Hey Fitz, I confess that after reading your reply I felt a little sick inside. Not your fault, just the memory of it. Yes I did leave my jacket there. I didn't want to do what I done. I don't know why I was/am so weak inside. Like I said, when I called out to her it was completely out of character. I'm not good in social situations :(
Anon Rex, thanks for the empathy but maybe I need to be piled on:club:
Anyway, Fitz I don't mind how you responded. I expected it from how I told the story. No need to put yourself down over something pathetic I did!

Dammit, now I feel like an even bigger wanker. I came off like the frickin moral police, when I can't say a **** thing, I'm a dumbass. I'm not great in social situations either, so I really don't know why I said what I said. You don't need to be piled on, I've ran away from the stupidest things, you wouldn't believe, so I can't be telling anyone anything. If I was coming off as a guy on a high horse or whatever, I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be.

If I could extend my hand to apologize would you shake it? I am sorry, really.

I can't let myself eat a full sized candy bar, but I have no issues eating **** near a whole bag of the miniature ones. :shy:

315864_1226999482.jpg

whispers said:
I have contemplated suicide as a way out, many times today.
dont worry seeing my shrink tuesday

Latest posts

Back