The Confession Booth

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. I think that I've let myself be crippled by fear for a good chunk of my adult life, and this has affected just about every arena of my life, and not for the good.

2. I don't especially like to wear makeup, but for some reason I am a total sucker for the way makeup is packaged. There is something irresistible about a cute compact case filled with mineral foundation and a kabuki brush. I love the way a fresh tube of lipstick looks, full of rich color and the promise of allure, but I absolutely DESPISE the way it feels and tastes. *sigh* I just am not a makeup-wearing kind of girl though.

3. I get too lost in my daydreams and I end up isolating myself even further from the world than I already am. I am sure that it was originally rooted in fear - fear of rejection, fear of failure, etc, but now I am afraid that it is an ingrained habit and those are the hardest to change.

4. I drink way too much Diet Coke. When I crave it, I can actually taste it on my tongue. That CAN'T be a good thing.

- I resent people in my life/passing through my life who I think of as less intelligent than me, but more driven and decisive. Even when they're perfectly nice people.
- A lot of the time I snack between meals so I have some sort of sensation, rather than feeling nothing.
- I'm afraid to try my best at things in case I fail.
- I'm afraid of being successful, for the attention and criticism it'd bring.
- I have a habit of hearing about/reaing dating site profiles of/talking to women I find attractive, and rather than make a move of any sort, build up slightly elaborate fantasies about what our relationship would be like.

The Good Citizen said:
* I have tried to use jedi skills to switch the light off.

I've tried this - you know, just to check if I am telekenetic. It'd be a shame to go through life not realising...

annik said:
I prefer American Dad to Family Guy.

I do as well. It took a while to grow on me, but Family Guy tends to feel like a trial run when I watch it now. Like the writers were trying to copy enough of the Simpsons for ithe show to work in the same way, while being it's own thing, but it was still really rough round the edges.
I love the weird little tangents American Dad goes off on, like the squirrels in the tree for example.

One more confession:
- I get annoyed that The Simpsons still goes by it's original name. Every new episode dilutes the collective pool, and makes it less likely that the episode I tune into will be a good one. That fact dilutes me way mreore that any TV programme should.

Anonymous Rex said:
The Good Citizen said:
* I have tried to use jedi skills to switch the light off.

I've tried this - you know, just to check if I am telekenetic. It'd be a shame to go through life not realising...

I've tried "go go gadget hand"! Never works. :(

Anonymous Rex said:
annik said:
I prefer American Dad to Family Guy.

I do as well.

Yay there's two of us! :D

tangerinedream said:
1. I think that I've let myself be crippled by fear for a good chunk of my adult life, and this has affected just about every arena of my life, and not for the good.

I feel the same way about this, the worst thing is the regret.

3. I get too lost in my daydreams and I end up isolating myself even further from the world than I already am. I am sure that it was originally rooted in fear - fear of rejection, fear of failure, etc, but now I am afraid that it is an ingrained habit and those are the hardest to change.

I'm sure this applies to me too.

4. I drink way too much Diet Coke. When I crave it, I can actually taste it on my tongue. That CAN'T be a good thing.

Not this one for me, can't stand it :)

I used the excuse I was worn out from work to sleep all day to my friends but honestly it was because I knew if I was asleep I wouldn't worry about my problems.

+ every time i am in a car with a guy driver, i wonder how he'd be in bed based on their driving style. it means nothing, but i can't turn my brain off.
+ i am mean
+ i am a sucker for puppy eyes (made by people who want something from me)
+ i find it very hard to forgive

In a lonely place said:
tangerinedream said:

Oh, yeah. You're right. The regret, it's like guilting yourself so you feel worse and then it spirals to that Bad Place.

In a lonely place said:
tangerinedream said:

I'm making an effort to put myself out into the world more so I have less time to turn inward. :) I took my daughter out on a plein air excursion... with other artists! lol Baby steps.

In a lonely place said:
tangerinedream said:

The weird thing is occasionally I'll detox myself back off it and then when I taste it, it tastes metallic and awful, but gradually if I keep drinking it I get that craving again.

Lonely in BC said:
I'm an adrenalin junkie- the scarier the better.

:eek: Like totally reckless, potential life-and-limb-losing type stuff or just "OMG I think I may wet myself" sorts of things?

tangerinedream said:
In a lonely place said:
tangerinedream said:

Oh, yeah. You're right. The regret, it's like guilting yourself so you feel worse and then it spirals to that Bad Place.

In a lonely place said:
tangerinedream said:

I'm making an effort to put myself out into the world more so I have less time to turn inward. :) I took my daughter out on a plein air excursion... with other artists! lol Baby steps.

In a lonely place said:
tangerinedream said:

The weird thing is occasionally I'll detox myself back off it and then when I taste it, it tastes metallic and awful, but gradually if I keep drinking it I get that craving again.

Lonely in BC said:

:eek: Like totally reckless, potential life-and-limb-losing type stuff or just "OMG I think I may wet myself" sorts of things?

Ever watch "Fear Factor"? That except for the "food" component (gross).

Lonely in BC said:
tangerinedream said:
Lonely in BC said:

I never could make it past the maggot-eating sequences to see what kind of daredevil honeysuckle they had to do.

Also, I think I am allergic to Joe Rogan. His face and voice made me angry.

tangerinedream said:
Lonely in BC said:
tangerinedream said:
Lonely in BC said:

I never could make it past the maggot-eating sequences to see what kind of daredevil honeysuckle they had to do.

Also, I think I am allergic to Joe Rogan. His face and voice made me angry.

Agreed regarding Joe. Just ignore him, it's easy to shut out people who speak in monotone.

Callie said:
I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I feel naked without eyeliner on

Oh Callie, that's hardly a confession! :p

(Side note: is eyeliner the same thing as mascara? As a gentleman utterly ignorant about lady things, I should probably ask before I make a fool of myself :D )

Err, I sort of have a confession. I'm meeting a lady I fancy tomorrow, and I fully intend to do my darned best to flirt borderline outrageously with her. I'm at least going to try and get a 100% unsubtle hug.

I feel like a scoundrel for thinking like that, but there we go :s

EDIT - Also, I ate 2 chocolate muffins today. That's pretty hardcore gluttony for me these days :(

Solitary - if getting a big hug is the naughtiest of your intentions you probably don't have too much to be concerned about!

TheSolitaryMan said:
Callie said:
I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I feel naked without eyeliner on

Oh Callie, that's hardly a confession! :p

(Side note: is eyeliner the same thing as mascara? As a gentleman utterly ignorant about lady things, I should probably ask before I make a fool of myself :D )

Err, I sort of have a confession. I'm meeting a lady I fancy tomorrow, and I fully intend to do my darned best to flirt borderline outrageously with her. I'm at least going to try and get a 100% unsubtle hug.

I feel like a scoundrel for thinking like that, but there we go :s

EDIT - Also, I ate 2 chocolate muffins today. That's pretty hardcore gluttony for me these days :(

LOL, if I confessed something real, people would stop talking to me.
No, it's not the same as mascara. It kind of is a confession tho, cuz I kinda tend to freak a little if I leave the house and forget to put it on (and I usually have some in my purse too)

But if you come here, I'll give you a hug :D
And I want a **** muffin now, so thanks

I no longer have sexual dreams about women. Now I just imagine us sitting down with a cup of tea and sharing a nice chat before going our separate ways like a pair of good friends.

That’s it, I’m officially getting old. Sayonara libido!

Latest posts

Back