The Day That Albert Einstein Feared Has Finally Arrived

• Thread starter WildernessWildChild
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edward W said:
Still not got it. I thought we were friends :( I have you on my buddy-list and everything.

I shall ignore you now if we pass by on the street. I'll pretend to be busy with my phone.

Yep, sure became easier to snub people with the portable gadget. It's taken away from the fine art of glaring at someone with a look that turns them to stone (my preferred way of not taking to someone- lol).

Edward W said:
Still not got it. I thought we were friends :( I have you on my buddy-list and everything.

I shall ignore you now if we pass by on the street. I'll pretend to be busy with my phone.

Change your phone :club:

I know quite a few people that "are that smart" and there's plenty of them who don't use a smartphone. One I know of does not even own any cell phone, last thing I know of him was going off to a PhD program in Physics in his early 20s

MissGuided said:
^I still use a 'dumb phone'. :/

Looks easy enough...
photoapr26182931.jpg

MissGuided said:
^Are you calling me, 'easy', BC?

Ummmm.......er.....hmmmm.......
You can't be easy, you're in retirement.

EveWasFramed said:
He totally was. Beat him!

You'd listen to someone who fed a kid to a tiger today?

WildernessWildChild said:
MissGuided said:
^Are you calling me, 'easy', BC?

EveWasFramed said:
He totally was. Beat him!

:club: I did NOT feed a kid to the tiger! However, the thought MIGHT have crossed my mind. (wary)

Good point.

EveWasFramed said:

:club: I did NOT feed a kid to the tiger! However, the thought MIGHT have crossed my mind. (wary)

He needs way more clubbing than that, Eve. He's been asking for it all week long.

EveWasFramed said:
MissGuided said:
He needs way more clubbing than that, Eve. He's been asking for it all week long.

Gang ba.....errr....club?

:club: :club: :club:

I've died and gone to....where ever....my life is now complete!

This is the kind of post I would make... and that I'm glad to see. As the old saying goes "adversity makes men, decadence makes monsters."

Human interactions gradually fail in a world where people are distant, lonely, and taught to be out for themselves. Being the solitary hermit is a lot easier with technology. We are thus divided and conquered. It's one thing to have no friends or relationships, but it would be unbearable if there were nothing to do.

I've lived in 5 houses now, and we pretty much never associate with our neighbors until there's a blackout. Then people step outside and actually talk to one another.

Internet + Creative People = Infinite Entertainment.

This and having to fill out dozens of forms and take dozens of tests to get anywhere and you wind up with a situation where everyone is always too busy to care.

Are you a fan of Victor Hugo? His works have gained popularity since the recent film adaptation of Les Misérables directed by Tom Hooper. I like that phrase, "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters." The phrase isn't a rigid truth, but I recognize each day how people struggle to appreciate each other's company. I can't help but notice how many people use cellphones these days. I'll be in a movie theatre, and there I'll find a bunch of kids sitting together buried into their iphones. It's like a self-induced form of autism.

Edward W said:

Yep, sure became easier to snub people with the portable gadget. It's taken away from the fine art of glaring at someone with a look that turns them to stone (my preferred way of not taking to someone- lol).

Cellphones are great for snubbing people. If you want to make things hard for yourself, give them the most confused look imaginable. Then talk to them in sign.

That may be right, but I wonder if it really is the problem. I have the feeling that without communication technology, it would even be worse. Because it's not just damage, but it really helps some people too... so without it, I bet there would be way more lonely people, way more loveless relationships, way more break ups because of long distances, friends losing touch of each other...
Then again, what's the worst thing that could happen without?

*10 years later: Post apocalyptic world scenario, with lots of death and cruelty* Okay, didn't see that coming. :O

Gang ba.....
So now we went from the Big Bang Theory to the Gang Ba.... Theory ? :p

This reminds me of something....

Lister Wasn't it Descartes who said "I am what I am"?
Rimmer No, it was Popeye the Sailor Man

Latest posts

Back