The house.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHOSTNYOURMIST

Reaction score
As some of you know I am a part time paranormal investigator, I've always said that 97% of haunting can be explained and it's the other 3% that keeps me going back. Well, I had a 3% encounter this past weekend.
I got a call from my cousin on Friday saying he had been asked to investigate a house in Clay County WV, a short drive from where I live. We arrived at the house on Saturday at about 8PM. We were alone in the house and started to unpack our equipment in a bedroom near the front of the house. (Only the 2 of us made the trip) I was standing in front of a small bed facing a wall as my cousin turned on the EMF meter and layed it on the bed behind me as he grabbed the bag with the camara in it. Something entered the room from the wall I was facing, I couldn't see it or anything but you could feel it. All the sudden it came at me, the tempature dropped rapidly as it passed through me, it was like a head rush with random thoughts going through my mind. I felt it was a young woman and she was desperately looking for something, it only lasted for a second and then she was gone. I looked at my cousin who was looking at the EMF meter behind me, I said "what the hell was that" and he said the EMF meter had pegged for some reason, he hadn't noticed anything strange other than that, he never felt anything. It was the strongest reading I have ever seen, it broke the EMF meter! It became personal after that with strange readings and thermal images all focused around me. I could feel her around me, almost pleading with me. We left a little after midnight.
The next day we conducted our interview with the owners. (We do that so we don't have any preconceived ideas going in) They have been experiencing the same thing I did, the man much more than his wife, he has even been touched.
I don't know if I believe in ghosts, but there is something in that house.
I've never been scared during an investigation but I really don't look forward to our follow up with the whole team. (When Dave gets home from Iraq)
I know people will think I've lost it, but believe me, there is something to this one.
Maybe it scares me because it's a woman. The one thing I'm scared of.:p LOL

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
Maybe it scares me because it's a woman. The one thing I'm scared of.:p LOL

LoL

Nice. I've always wanted to do something like that. Every once in a while I'll "feel" something in a house, room or place and wonder if it's a ghost or spirit. But I've never had the opportunity to be part of an organized investigation like that.

I believe you. Maybe this woman is attracted to a male figure for some reason. Was it a little girl, or was it a grown adult? Perhaps her husband or boyfriend did something to her? Or her father? Something is attracting her to male figures rather than females.

VanillaCreme said:
I believe you. Maybe this woman is attracted to a male figure for some reason. Was it a little girl, or was it a grown adult? Perhaps her husband or boyfriend did something to her? Or her father? Something is attracting her to male figures rather than females.

That could be. Maybe looking for a protector? A Residual need left over from before her death?

LonelyDragon said:
VanillaCreme said:

That could be. Maybe looking for a protector? A Residual need left over from before her death?

A protector, or maybe she's "attacking" men.

I felt that she was in her early 20s and searching for something or someone. I felt she needs help and is not there to hurt anyone, and she seeks a mans help. I have never felt this connection during an investigation, that's why it kind of unnerves me. Most of the investigations I have conducted have had a scientific explanation. This one is different.

Okay I have a strange fetish towards ghost girls and vampires. I always wanted a girlfriend who is a ghost or a vampire:p NO zombies or evil spirits though. I would really enjoy it if I were you. Since the owner had been touched, it has to be an adult. I think she wants to be loved. If she wanted to hurt, she would have already. She either needs to communicate or to be loved:)

Sanal said:
Okay I have a strange fetish towards ghost girls and vampires. I always wanted a girlfriend who is a ghost or a vampire:p NO zombies or evil spirits though. I would really enjoy it if I were you. Since the owner had been touched, it has to be an adult. I think she wants to be loved. If she wanted to hurt, she would have already. She either needs to communicate or to be loved:)

Just my luck, the only woman to show an interest in me in years and she's a freak'in ghost.:p

She's all yours dude, I like my women warm and visible. LOL

Perhaps she was a hooker? Not to be funny... but, since she doesn't care for women much, and always goes after the man... Maybe she was from decades, or centuries ago, in which they had brothel houses. What's the house itself like? Does it have history?

VanillaCreme said:
Perhaps she was a hooker? Not to be funny... but, since she doesn't care for women much, and always goes after the man... Maybe she was from decades, or centuries ago, in which they had brothel houses. What's the house itself like? Does it have history?

Our research person is checking out the history this week, I haven't hear anything from her yet. But the house is not very old.

I know we work backwards from most of those TV shows, but if you know what has been happening at a place then you have preconcieved thoughts going in, we like an open mind going in then matching anything we find to the post investigation interviews and if we find nothing it is a waist of time to research the place beforehand.
If something turns up in the first investigation then we research and return with the entire team and more equipment. We normally get answers but it would make boring TV. LOL

wow that sounds really cool. Wow i can't believe it broke your emf meter, how is it broken? ya i understand why you wouldn't want to learn the history of the house first becuase then you're open to the power of suggestion adn you'll get the placebo effect going on. If you know there were kids in the house or something you might start t think you're feeling the children when there aren't any.

It feels so sad and weird to hear about those things, sometimes i've watched ghosthunters, and the most depressing thing is when someone commits suicide but they are still there. The woman was most likly like us, Lonely and longing for a lover. maybe someday she'll find a computer and she'll intorduce herself to us here XP But it seems that even in death one still can't find the solcae or the answers one seeks

:(

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
Sanal said:

Just my luck, the only woman to show an interest in me in years and she's a freak'in ghost.:p

She's all yours dude, I like my women warm and visible. LOL

LMAO.. Yeh yeh. Tell her I m here:p

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
I felt that she was in her early 20s and searching for something or someone. I felt she needs help and is not there to hurt anyone, and she seeks a mans help. I have never felt this connection during an investigation, that's why it kind of unnerves me. Most of the investigations I have conducted have had a scientific explanation. This one is different.

Glad you answered this, I was going to ask what you think she was pleading for. I so wont to go along to one of this things with you. -Gets jealous-

That is so cool, I wish I get to do something like that =)

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
VanillaCreme said:

Our research person is checking out the history this week, I haven't hear anything from her yet. But the house is not very old.

I know we work backwards from most of those TV shows, but if you know what has been happening at a place then you have preconcieved thoughts going in, we like an open mind going in then matching anything we find to the post investigation interviews and if we find nothing it is a waist of time to research the place beforehand.
If something turns up in the first investigation then we research and return with the entire team and more equipment. We normally get answers but it would make boring TV. LOL

Yea, that's how TAPs/Ghost Hunters works. They don't know anything going in. They want a clean slate to think off of. I heard they admitted they were fake, but still, it's fun to watch.

VanillaCreme said:
GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
VanillaCreme said:

Yea, that's how TAPs/Ghost Hunters works. They don't know anything going in. They want a clean slate to think off of. I heard they admitted they were fake, but still, it's fun to watch.

The real thing is kinda boring, 97% of our investigations turn out to be noisy hotwater heaters or faulty electrical outlets. The number one thing is overactive imaginations.
This one is different.
Is it a ghost? I don't know, but there is something there.

VanillaCreme said:
GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
VanillaCreme said:

Well, they do take a tour of the location before they investigate. I had been beginning to wonder about why the show had been getting more "interesting". Seemed like the first season or two was pretty uneventful, and then things started picking up like the ghosts were trying to bring the ratings up. But I hadn't heard about them admitting anything about it.

Fake or not, my mom and I still watch it from time to time. I'm from Jersey where the Jersey Devil is... I went to where the Devil supposedly lives in the Pine Barrens. So, I'm always interested in the paranormal or anything like that. I just like thinking of all things possible.

My cousin called Friday with some strange news, it seems that the owners of the house downloaded a Christmas cd to an I-pod Wednesday, listening to the I-pod later they heard something a little scary, in 2 songs you can hear a female voice whisper My name! I haven't heard it yet but he says it is very clear she is asking for me.

I'm not sure if I should go back or not.

This is the most interesting investigation I have ever been on but it is getting too personal. If this is a ghost why would she want me?

Our research person has found some things also.
The house was built in 1996 with very little history but it was built on the site of a house that burned in 1964 and there was a young woman killed in the fire, her name was Naydeen and she was 24 years old.

Could this be her ghost?

We are trying to find out more details about the fire that killed the woman. A few of the nieghbors in 1964 still live in the area.

I would go back if I was you. it would drive me potty not to. Maybe she has asked for you cos she thinks you can help her.

GHOSTNYOURMIST, You must go back to that house.

Latest posts

Back