The Ideal Woman?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JHK said:
TheRealCallie said:
^^ not that again. Lol. Just as many men care about looks as women.
How shallow some of you must think women are. Not all of us care about looks and height

There is hope for me?! Lol
I'm 5'8 and feel tiny. When is short short? Just curious.

I don't feel any height is a game changer. You love who you love, you like who you like. You can't really help who you go for and if you let a silly thing like height be a negative factor, perhaps you don't deserve to be with someone you could love. That is, of course, just my opinion.

Also, to add. My ex was 5'8 (I'm 5'9 and love heels), we were together for 12 years. So yeah, there's definitely hope for you. :p

speaking as a short man myself at 5'6" i can say that from my experience most women consider height as a major factor when it comes to the attractiveness of a male. unless a short man is very good looking, dating options will be quite limited to what they may otherwise be if he were 4-5 inches taller. there are a small number of women to whom height is not an issue, but personally i have found the statements in this article to be all too true:

http://thoughtcatalog.com/luke-hart/2015/05/how-it-feels-to-be-a-short-guy-in-the-world-of-dating/

TheRealCallie said:
JHK said:
TheRealCallie said:
^^ not that again. Lol. Just as many men care about looks as women.
How shallow some of you must think women are. Not all of us care about looks and height

There is hope for me?! Lol
I'm 5'8 and feel tiny. When is short short? Just curious.

I don't feel any height is a game changer. You love who you love, you like who you like. You can't really help who you go for and if you let a silly thing like height be a negative factor, perhaps you don't deserve to be with someone you could love. That is, of course, just my opinion.

Also, to add. My ex was 5'8 (I'm 5'9 and love heels), we were together for 12 years. So yeah, there's definitely hope for you. :p

I wonder how much us (males) make it an issue. I know I've heard a lot of girls say they like taller men, but I've heard a lot just not mention it all, either.
I think it's someone WE dwell on because we are supposed to be (in our heads) be able to pick you up and sweep you off your feet and carry you away to our promised lands and that would be, no doubt, hard to do if she has five inches on you.
I gave up that notion long ago because I know myself - I am sure the moment I went to sweep some lady off her feet my hand would probably end up slipping under her dress like I'm going right in and then I'd end up tripping and both of us would roll down cement steps and end up in the ER because I'm graceful like that - but I can still beat the honeysuckle out of someone to protect you if it came down to it. Small but quick. Or I'd put up a good effort, anyway.
We're always supposed to be hero's. Sometimes we gotta remember that extincted (is that a word? It is now) dragons a long ass time ago.

TheRealCallie said:
Not all of us care about looks and height.

That's encouraging to know. I am sure that many other women feel the same way.

Veruca said:
I dont know what you girls are talking about but I do want a tall, handsome, extremely rich guy. Thats all I look for in a man :p

And now we hear from the other side of the fence. What a shallow thing to say. Good luck in finding your dream man.

By the way, I am five feet six inches tall and I am glad you wouldn't have any interest in me. I'm serious.

TheRealCallie said:
The rich part WOULD be nice, but I'm entirely okay with the guy wearing stilts :D

Just to let you know I just ordered stilts from Amazon ten minutes ago. ;) :p :D

TheRealCallie said:

You know what's a game changer? How you treat the person you are with. You show a woman over and over again how much you love and respect her just by being yourself and your height or whatever else that you think is against you will not matter.

BeyondShy said:
Veruca said:
I dont know what you girls are talking about but I do want a tall, handsome, extremely rich guy. Thats all I look for in a man :p

And now we hear from the other side of the fence. What a shallow thing to say. Good luck in finding your dream man.

By the way, I am five feet six inches tall and I am glad you wouldn't have any interest in me. I'm serious.

Oh BeyondShy, it was a joke. A jab at the previous comments about how superficial all women are. Ive been attracted to many men who were shorter than me, interestly they thought me too tall for them.

Its just very depressing to keep reading comments about how terrible we women are. Ive been rejected by so many men purely on the basis of looks. For years, I was rejected for being chubby or not dressing femininely and I changed. I became fit, changed my appearance and still men reject me all the time for not being fair skinned. Something I cant change. This doesnt make me think of all men as superficial. I just think Ive been unlucky so far but there are great guys out there still.

Im sorry if my comment was misunderstood. But anyone who knows me here, knows that Id never say something like that and mean it.

Veruca said:
BeyondShy said:
Veruca said:

Oh BeyondShy, it was a joke. A jab at the previous comments about how superficial all women are. Ive been attracted to many men who were shorter than me, interestly they thought me too tall for them.

Its just very depressing to keep reading comments about how terrible we women are. Ive been rejected by so many men purely on the basis of looks. For years, I was rejected for being chubby or not dressing femininely and I changed. I became fit, changed my appearance and still men reject me all the time for not being fair skinned. Something I cant change. This doesnt make me think of all men as superficial. I just think Ive been unlucky so far but there are great guys out there still.

Im sorry if my comment was misunderstood. But anyone who knows me here, knows that Id never say something like that and mean it.

I saw it as a joke. But I've made some comments like that (women barefoot in the kitchen sort of thing) and I don't know if people took it seriously or not because I'm not well known and I do sort of have a serious/moody tone, I guess. I think. I'm trying to lighten up.
If I ever do say something like that, please know I'm not serious. I have a lot of respect for women and I don't tolerate disrepect or abuse of you ladies at all. I actually fired a guy last year for making a joke about the safety lady being more popular if she danced on a table. He didn't even make it past the meeting. I work in the oil field so it's hard enough for a women to get a fair shot, they don't need to be dealing with that honeysuckle on top of it.

But it's hard, with just the written word to sometimes really understand how they (we) are trying to get it across.
In the same breath, if that's what you wanted then who cares, really. That's your option. lol

JHK said:
I wonder how much us (males) make it an issue. I know I've heard a lot of girls say they like taller men, but I've heard a lot just not mention it all, either.
I think it's someone WE dwell on because we are supposed to be (in our heads) be able to pick you up and sweep you off your feet and carry you away to our promised lands and that would be, no doubt, hard to do if she has five inches on you.
I gave up that notion long ago because I know myself - I am sure the moment I went to sweep some lady off her feet my hand would probably end up slipping under her dress like I'm going right in and then I'd end up tripping and both of us would roll down cement steps and end up in the ER because I'm graceful like that - but I can still beat the honeysuckle out of someone to protect you if it came down to it. Small but quick. Or I'd put up a good effort, anyway.
We're always supposed to be hero's. Sometimes we gotta remember that extincted (is that a word? It is now) dragons a long ass time ago.

I think men dwell on a lot more things than they would care to admit. But, just because you're shorter, doesn't mean you can't still pick a girl up. My ex used to pick me up all the time. Granted, he was only shorter than me by an inch, but I don't see why you couldn't still do that if the difference was more than that. As long as you're STRONG enough to pick her up, there's no reason why you shouldn't, if you want to. (Just do it on something soft the first time around, so you can get the hang of it first :p )

But seriously, why are you always supposed to be the hero? I hear all the time that chivalry is dead and women don't want that honeysuckle anymore (personally, I'd like to see it make a comeback), so why do you guys still have to be the hero?
And going off that note, why aren't women going out and getting the self defense or whatever that they would need to be the hero on their own if it's all about women's lib and rights and whatever else?
But meh, it is what it is....

BeyondShy said:
Just to let you know I just ordered stilts from Amazon ten minutes ago. ;) :p :D
HA, good luck learning to use those. lol
BeyondShy said:
You know what's a game changer? How you treat the person you are with. You show a woman over and over again how much you love and respect her just by being yourself and your height or whatever else that you think is against you will not matter.

Exactly, but it goes both ways, the woman needs to do those as well.

Veruca said:
still men reject me all the time for not being fair skinned. Something I cant change.

Really? I have been told more often than not that I'm TOO fair skinned.
I have two colors....translucent and red. :p

TheRealCallie said:
And going off that note, why aren't women going out and getting the self defense or whatever that they would need to be the hero on their own if it's all about women's lib and rights and whatever else?
But meh, it is what it is....

If that happens we will have a whole bunch of women like Kensi Blye running around. :cool:

TheRealCallie said:
HA, good luck learning to use those. lol

The over and under is that I will fall at least twenty times. :shy:

JHK said:

More than necessary. Some women do want taller guys. But those that do don't set the standard for all. My ex was pretty tall, 6'8, but my guy now is 5'11-ish. So he's not that tall. I grew up around a lot of tall folks, so tall for me is probably not the definition for a lot of other folks.

It's really only an issue if you make it one. As well as the fact that some women like guys shorter than they are, too. I wouldn't think about it too much. It's a lot like weight. Some people like smaller, bigger, whatever else. You may find someone who doesn't care or who likes that you're not 7'2.

I like cheerful and easy to talk to girls as opposed to quiet and shy type girls.

Height used to be something I used to think about, but only because of my own height. But I figure the right person will be the right height. It's a trivial matter and dictates nothing about the outcome of a relationship, so why be concerned?

Idol Minos said:
I like cheerful and easy to talk to girls as opposed to quiet and shy type girls.

Yes I like happy women rather than miserable ones.

I'm one of the older members here but I probably know less about women than any other man in the forum. The gay guys are probably more sophisticated with women than I am.

I like brainy ladies because they fascinate me. Outdoorsy types are definitely a plus. More serious than comic is to my taste. Any rigid dogmatic convictions are a big turn off. Oh, and firm boobs are a must!

Triple Bogey said:
Idol Minos said:

Uhm... Shy and quiet isn't synonym for miserable. :)

lonelyfairy said:
Triple Bogey said:
Idol Minos said:

I was talking in general. I didn't mean shy and quiet women were miserable. :)

Triple Bogey said:
lonelyfairy said:
Triple Bogey said:
Idol Minos said:

I was talking in general. I didn't mean shy and quiet women were miserable. :)

Oh, okey. My bad then, lol. :p

And spending my whole life getting laughed at, ignored, bullied or rejected by women.
I do like women though as long as I keep them at arms length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back