The marrying kind

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you think of this hopsfox? I'm generally more interested in people's thoughts on the article than the article itself. (Unless the thoughts are boring in which case that's fine too)

But for me I'm happy for everything that does away with the whole MAN MUST MARRY WOMAN. THEY MAKE MANY BABIES. BECOME SLAVES OF BRUTAL CAPITALIST MACHINE thing.

I mean, sure, she can marry herself. Why not? idgaf. Some places in the world, she would be institutionalized or imprisoned or fined or something because people would think she was *mocking the sacred institution of marriage* of somesuch. But she's not hurting anyone or being dishonest or violating anyone's rights or anything, so more power to her.

To be honest, there are enough broken people out there that I hesitate to ever get married. I want to have kids, but maybe adopt. I certainly don't want to deal with another broken person.

So if you were married to yourself, and then had sex with another person, would that violate the prenuptial agreement? Man what a great excuse for me: "I can only masturbate because otherwise it's cheating." xD

Well, it was one o´clock in the morning. My initial reaction was wtf? and then I thought it must be some kind of artistic statement, or has she gone nuts after heartbreak?

empowerment ok I'll buy that, if it takes to marry yourself to be happy and take control of your life, then so be it. Some people need to climb Mount Everest *shrug* Just thinking aloud folks trying to express. I'm not really a good English writer um as you know.

Then I fell asleep.

Yes there are broken people out there and sometimes they find a way to empower themselves that isn't to do with having a partner. But most of us has to deal with/live/ flee from the baggage of others.

Bob I didn't consider that aspect LOL

Qoute whole MAN MUST MARRY WOMAN. THEY MAKE MANY BABIES. BECOME SLAVES OF BRUTAL CAPITALIST MACHINE thing. unqoute
Very hard not to get caught in capitalist machine thingy. Barter community and adopted kids solution? (I think both my daughters are favouring that kind of idea)

For me, marriage is a piece of legal paper that grants security for the partners. With the laws in Sweden. Kids never have to go without financial support nor inheritance be they in or out of wedlock.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
To be honest, there are enough broken people out there that I hesitate to ever get married. I want to have kids, but maybe adopt. I certainly don't want to deal with another broken person.

That kind of reasoning, especially the bolded part, is why lonely people remain lonely.

I agree Passage,

In my opinion if you're okay being alone fine. However, people by their very nature of being people are imperfect and we all got our baggage. For me, I don't mind broken people and I'm willing to put up with baggage cause I've got a few suitcases of my own. I don't want to be alone, I just want to be accepted. My ultimate goal isn't marriage either, just understanding, companionship, and intimacy.

People who need people are the unluckiest people, mainly because other people are cretins, especially the ones who don't agree with me

This is clearly a joke, and even if the author is trying to be serious. The fact that this is a UK magazine says to me that this person is trying to rip on America.

This whole things just seems like one obnoxious... I do not know set up. The idea is interesting, but in all reality why do you need to call being alone anything? You know what we called self-married people before? They were called Hermits.

Really I feel this is a gender hate speech. Whether it be male or female. If you do something like this you are basically misgynostic or misandrious.. at least in my eyes. You are saying you hate those that you are sexually attracted too so much that you would rather be alone.

marriage... well for me.. is a concept that people have so many opinion about but really.. marriage is just marriage. It's the people who get married that make up a good or a bad marriage. but I believe marriage should be about love... love is shared between two people who would always want to be better for each other. that's my take on the topic

Latest posts

Back