78-year old man marries 18-year-old girl

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are no divorce laws in the Philippines, which is probably why this headline got traction in the first place.

Age gap relationships are fairly common.
However just because you can, doesn't necessarily mean that you should.
They do indeed come with their share of problems.
Namely being that younger people are always going to have more energy than older people, and also that there will be a significant difference in lived life experience and the perspective that derives from that lived life experience.
So while it is common, it's also equally got its challenges and difficulties.

I didn’t watch the video, but if they’re happy, who cares?
I do) It's written "after 3 years of dating", I think that in the most countries "dating" 15you when you are 70+ is under the law. And I think it's for a reason.

I've checked in Philippines they used to have the age of consent 12 yo(and 12 sounds for me like an official legalization of sexual slavary) a few years ago, till 2021/2022 I guess. So it wasn't under the law then. Anyway it doesn't sound right for me, I think, more likely it's a girl from a poor family.

If it was my kid "dating" someone 75yo I'd do my best to stop it immediately, I woudn't care how much happy they were. And to tell the truth, 18yo as well. 18yo my own kid will be still in a school. Taking drugs also makes people happy...

But it's Philippines, maybe the question is to marry him or to starve. It's just sad.

I can't say i can personally envision myself marrying a 78 year old woman, nor do i want to picture sexing one, but the heart wants what it wants. As long as she consents then i don't judge.

18 yo girls don't consent to marrying old men without coercive pressure or desperate circumstances.

or they see a financial opportunity. 78, man he'll kick the bucket soon enough and she'll be sitting pretty.
Exactly.
I'd marry a girl that age in a heartbeat (as long as she's pretty & petite & good at housework & loyal/faithful/trustworthy).
And in return, she'll be the recipient of a real nice inheritance most likely in 5 to 10 years.
It's well known that lifelong single men have the shortest life spans.
So she'd be an under thirty widow and financially set.
Not a bad deal!

I would never even consider marrying an 18 year old girl in my 70s - especially if I'm wealthy. I would want my wife to to love me, not my money. And I would not be happy about having sex with someone who might be secretly repulsed by me and feels shame every we do it.

When I was 18, I wouldn't want to glance at 70-somethings.
When I enter my 70's, I highly doubt I'll pay attention to 18-year olds. I didn't even want to talk to them in my 20's and early/mid 30's!
(except, of course, for cousins, and even then...)

Latest posts

Back