The N*gger/ Honkey equality

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerdoor

Reaction score
I find it very annoying/bemusing sometimes that say in an argument, someone calls you a honkey because your white, you cannot turn around and start saying "what the fresia, u racist" etc, u just laugh it off, but in my head i think, i wonder what his reaction would be if i replied "fresia off u n*gger", im sure things would get quite heated then!

I find it funny how we in this day and age we find it hard to know where to stand moral-wise and what we can and cannot say.

really? you never heard honkey before? i dont even know where it came from but im white and i think its funny more than anything.

Honkey is more of a term for country/midwest hick whites, I think....as in "honkey-tonk blues," etc.

Vanilla is right, powerdoor. It's fine to make a thread debating this subject, but try to stay away from offensive language.

We've chosen to leave the thread, but I've done an edit on the word itself. It's not a word that we allow here, but the in the context it's in, we've chosen to let it stand for the moment.

Shouldn't the white racial slur also be edited? Though I think that the fact that it wasn't censored as well... is somewhat explanatory of the point that powerdoor was making.

That would depend on whether people found it offensive (i.e. complained about its usage). So far, nobody has actually complained about it.

Exactly...the words that are prohibited on the forum thus far, have been identified as ones that members have have found offensive and complained about. No complaints (legitimate, or otherwise) about the word "honkey."

Still....all the more reason not even to have threads like this one, isn't it?

If they made a new Shaft movie/tv show with a white man playing Shaft, the black people would riot. But it's ok to make Kojac a black man.

a friend of mine the other day that whenever somebody says something racist i shrink up as to not be a part of it.
i hate racism, but ive never noticed i do this before, before that day. even though it could never happen ,(maybe?)
i think we could only truly escape racism if you never EVER even notice the color of ones skin. but there will
always be those who have had the bad habit past down from there ignornat gran pa. *sigh*

EveWasFramed said:
...the words that are prohibited on the forum thus far, have been identified as ones that members have have found offensive and complained about.....

I am offended by the word evewasframed. That's right, I said it.

On another note, honkey does not offend me but I still prefer to be called a cracker

bbm662 said:
EveWasFramed said:
...the words that are prohibited on the forum thus far, have been identified as ones that members have have found offensive and complained about.....

I am offended by the word evewasframed. That's right, I said it.

On another note, honkey does not offend me but I still prefer to be called a cracker

lmao, don't hold your breath for me to edit my own name, bbm! :p lol
Got any peanut butter to go on that cracker?? (yum)

If someone ever used the words cracker and honkey on me in an argument then I'm more than likely to laugh at them than anything. The N word has a darker history behind it and many people consider it offensive due to its past meanings and usage.

Coverage said:
If someone ever used the words cracker and honkey on me in an argument then I'm more than likely to laugh at them than anything. The N word has a darker history behind it and many people consider it offensive due to its past meanings and usage.

Agreed...lol, for some reason, bing called honkey or cracker makes want to chuckle, not get pissed off. I just can't seem to take those words seriously. :p

I don't think cracker/honkey/whitey etc hold anything remotely close to the N word. racial slurs are ether powerful or weak because of their historical and contemporary context. It’s the same reason why calling a Jew a "kike" is not the equivalent of calling a German a "sauerkraut." I don't think it's a double standard, just an honest acknowledgement of power, history and language.

The N word = people in chains

Honkey, whitey, cracker. They're all deserved names I think because we had been such ******** to african americans for so long. I say let them laugh at us. Laughter is nothing compared to the slavery we forced them to endure for hundreds of years. Theyre actually being quite kind to us if you think about it...

I'm not even joking.

O.O

Slavery ended years ago, so you can't use the past as an excuse to treat people bad or have special treatment now and in the future. And I'm pretty sure the slave traders and owners of that time are all dead, so you can't keep blaming an entire race for the actions of dead people. Also, black people used to own and sell some of those slaves, and slavery is still happening in some parts of Africa, but it's not the white people doing it.

I can go back to my Indian roots and start treating the white British people like honeysuckle, but that would be pathetic. I have no right to treat today's white people any different, because they didn't do anything... Every race has been through slavery, but past is the past (in most cases.)

P.S. I'm not saying the use of the N word is right. It will never be right.

SophiaGrace said:
... the slavery we forced them to endure for hundreds of years.

Maybe you did but you can leave me out of it since neither myself not any family member was in your country until almost 100 years after it ended.

well... flame me if you will, but i don't buy the whole "punishing sons for fuckups of their fathers". any kind of prejudice is stupid.
so i think that both "nigger" and "honeky" or whatev are marks of stupidity on behalf of those using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back