The recursive mega meta Mintymint thread!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limlim

Reaction score
Sometimes, I ask myself... What is it that gets me out of bed in the mornings and ready to face the day?

Perhaps it is my job, the difference I make in little ways while I collect paycheques from the Canadian government. Or maybe it is for my family, the people who live far away from me that I avoid seeing because I am too lazy to visit more than once a year. Maybe it is my long distant dream of one day owning a cat when I retire, a dream which will take at least another 25 years to come to fruition.

One thing is for sure, I get a small joy in reading threads about Mintymint, ones which I and many others have created over the years. I know that Minty appreciates these threads and subsequently all of the attention that gets drawn to them when other people learn to experience freshness.

So, in this thread I have compiled a meta-minty list of all of his contributions to the Lonely Life forums and the effects his unique perspective have brought upon its members.

-------------------------------------------------------
Is Minty Minty?
In this first thread, authored by yours truly we are faced with the daring question as to the level of mintyness that minty actually possesses. The 3 page discussion infers that applied scientific techniques are required to answer this question. In the end, I think we all came to the conclusion that even though he tastes like cheese and vinegar, he is still a minty individual to us.... His friends.

One thing you can do with Minty
Next DoubttheBunny has taken a more practical approach to Mint based philosophy and inquired, just what is he good for? Whether he be man or mint, should not the question be, what do we do with his minty prowess? The discussion shows that he does indeed have an extreme versatility, however Bob Arctor correctly brings up the point that his most useful trait, is his minty ass. Know Minty, that we love you not for what you can do, but for your butt cheeks.

The Minty quote thread
Taking a turn in another direction, our long MIA member Dessa brings up a point that Minty words speak louder than Minty actions. Was it not Minty that said "The mint is mightier than the sword?" To that end the collective has brought forth an inspiring prose of words of wisdom, created by MintyMint. The thread concludes with affectionate words by MintyMint himself towards me, as he shows the forum that while one man may call you a rapist, the Striesand effect will make all others believe it. An inspiring man with an inspiring message...

I like Minty
Naturally it no longer comes as a shock as I profess my like for the Man the Mint and the Legend. Not only stating this publicly for all the world to know, but with detailed reasons as to why this is so, for those unaware of all things Minty. Of course, once Pandoras box was opened all others had to contribute and let everyone know that they too, like the bearded man of mystery. 5 pages later Ledia brings up a historical fact about Minty - that his name used to be Romama. Clearly as he ascended to greatness, he outgrew the name and took on a new symbol... a Minty symbol...

Minty's birthday boobs thread
Could there possibly be something out there as wonderful as Minty? DoubttheBunny seems to think so! If it weren't birthday boobs than I would probably have disagreed, however they were birthday boobs, so it became a nice gesture so people could form an accurate comparison to things that are like Minty. Sadly in the end, not many boobs were posted, and somehow it ends up with Vivy mentioning that she likes hairy men. It may have seemed like an offtopic remark, however unknown to her this was the effect of the Minty Beard at work, a force so powerful it makes hot women swoon for facial hair of its calibre.

Happy birthday Minty
Minty is man, man is mortal, therefore Minty is mortal? Ledia lets us all know that while he is deified, Mintymint is actually one of us. The slow passage of time bringing Mintymint closer to his death isn't a sign of sorrow, but a celebration of each day of Minty wisdom he brings to us. When the day comes when there is no more Mint to be had, his freshness will live on inside of us. Ever manipulative, Mintymint uses his powers of good to bring Floff and Peter closer together with subliminal adverts about Asian females. Even in a thread dedicated to him, Mintymint still seeks to give to others.

The brownie thread for Minty et al.
Cheaptrickfan who later turned to dream about tangerines had something to share. Something brownie and delicious. When good things appear, one immediately knows to associate that goodness with Minty. While the pictures are long gone from their hosting service, Minty himself reminds us all that their absence is due to him having first dibs and not only consuming the brownies, but all evidence of their existence as well. The message he gives to us, is that the tragedy of the commons and unlimited consumption will cause good things to disappear. Wisdom.... hidden in mint shaped tomes of gluttony. Such is the Mintymint.

Mintymint
It isn't all brownies and happiness however.. Ever willing to participate in cloak and dagger subtleties, Minty answers Frey's call for a private message.... A private message request made publicly. Surely no good could have come of this. But unafraid, Minty jumps into the...frey... Showing both him and Nilla that when it is time for business, Minty delivers. Inspired by his no nonsense confidence, Nilla locks the thread, responding with Minty inspired words about cute things and pedestals.

Minty's Personal Karaoke thread
Minty can respond, Minty can inspire, Minty can eat, Minty can possibly have non consensual sex with a woman but.... Can Minty sing? Doubtthebunny lets the world know that the man of endless talents has one more to add to the mix. The voice of an angel... So pure and sublime that even Tiny Tim cannot compare, though he tries his best. Nerdygirl suggests that she may have a file of Minty singing on her computer, and this caused much debate over the years. However scientifically this is impossible as Minty's voice does not fall within the purity scale that is allowed within the range of electronic recording devices. A sad day for the world, and yet... a gain for the arts.

Is Minty Weird?
We know that Minty is not a normal man, but just *how* abnormal is he? Using scientific methods, Minty himself asks his friends just how weird they think he is, using a normal person (Nilla) as a frame of reference. The results? Minty is 53.38% weirder than the average human. We all rejoiced at his victory over normalcy! A party was prepared, a celebration was ready to ensue! .... Yet, the ever introspective Mintymint brought up the point, is it really winning? Does one really *win* a contest of abnormality? One things is for certain... Minty won..

Formal complaint about Minty
Forever standing in the shadow of a great Minty man can take its toll however. In a moment of weakness, I succumbed to bitter envy and wrote a 10 paragraph complaint about anything I could think about that I disliked about Minty. However as I wrote, it became clear that my writing had no real substance, as there were no true words that could be written which could find fault with Mintymint. In shame, I revealed my sources after a response from Mintymint, which was eloquent in its brevity. so useless were my efforts, that Nina could only restate the obvious at the end of it all.... that Mintymint was indeed awesome.

Happy birthday Mintymint!
Years go by, and Minus shows that Minty has had not one, but at least *two* birthdays since he popped into existence! This was proven by showing a picture of a minty brownie. Humble in his acceptance of mortality, Minty thanks us all and Purpledays sings a song of xat faces, unable to anything but rejoice to the forum that Minty was Minty for yet another year.

Minty! I need your guidance!
With all of the wisdom and greatness under his belt, it is easy to see that the majority of topics involving Minty will be requests to share his great wisdom and advise with all matters involving life and mint. In this instance, some random dude is having financial difficulties and problems of technical origin. An expert in all things, Minty deftly presents the pros and cons of each side of the issue in an honest and forthright manner. Samuel, who had never to that day owned a laptop, was suddenly inspired to go and buy one thanks to the inspirational confidence Minty showed the users of ALL on the issue. This is but a small sample of the knowledge Minty shares with the world.

The recursive mega meta Mintymint thread!
To be recursive, an object must again contain itself, creating an unending loop of objects. I created a recursive meta minty thread as a way to show all people the unending mintyness in all its forms, as evidenced by the recursive minty thread. I could say that this thread ends with an insightful comment by minty... But that would be false, for it begins with insightful comments about Minty, and does not end. Much like Minty. (Except when he dies later on)

And so the mega meta minty thread comes to an end. The answer as to why I get up every day clear to all as it is to me.

..... and that answer, is Minty.

MARKETING-IDEAS-FOR-SMALL-BUSINESS-Awesome1.jpg

Latest posts

Back