The Speed Of Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkwall

Reaction score
I read somewhere that we experience time differently. Some people live packed lives full of memories that stick out, and so lead "longer" lives, because the memories don't overlap.

Lately I have realised that I am creating very few memories. I don't remember most of the conversations or experiences I have, because none of them are exceptional. People are amazed at how disorganised I am, but it is because future events have no real meaning for me, but dissolve into the uniform landscape.

So while I'm meant to have lived for a year, say, I think I have only really lived a few days. The rest just disappeared, because I made no real note of it. I live a very internal life, meaning that I am never living "in the moment" - and the moments I have are few and far between.

I lived abroad as a child, and part of this is that I wasn't prepared for the blandness of middle-class English existence. My most vivid memories are formed when I am on holiday or working on a film, but university life just passes me in a haze. I rarely feel alive, and so rarely feel strong happiness, because routine destroys time the same way that a journey you are used to taking seems shorter every time - especially if you are thinking.

I no longer live at the speed of life, but at the speed of my own thoughts. Things that may happen pass me by, because they do not affect my inner universe. I need a life that engages me.

A simple example is a race driver driving at 200+ mph.
The driver is very focus in the moment and is also more alert of his surroundings.
He becomes a part of the machine . His thought process is actaully faster then
a normal person going about their usual lives.

Maybe do a little of reserch on being in the moment.
There's good book that pretains to this concept. THE POWER OF THE NOW.
You can try meditation. There's not a right way or the wrong way to meditate.
Do what works for you. You can simply take a walk and be in the moment
and be more aware of your surroundings...sight, sounds, smells, touch..ect.
It just takes practice. You don't have to be a spiritaul giant or religiouse.

At first i had to find a nice quite place to get out of my mind.
Became still or sit still. Gradually as my mind slows down, stop spining ,or
genrate endless thoughts....I became more aware of my surroundings....notice
more details for my surroundings.

At first it might be a little awkward or difficut to pratice becuase your mind
has gotten into a habit.

It's actaully a paradox...you think clearer, process data or informations fast.
You get to the piont of where you're controling your mind and not your mind
controling you.
Sort of like clearing out the cookies, junk files, or indexing files in our PC.

There's activities you can do to help you practice focusing in the momemt.
I play a musical intrument...if i think to much about it....it's too late , i'll miss a beat.

I also fly remote control models. I have to remain extreemly focus on the model.
The model flies at 50-100 mph doing aerobatic manuvers. After much practice
it seems like the model is flying very slow to me.

The samething when I get on a motorbike and ride. I have to be very focus and
be more aware of the roads ..the cracks and bumps in the roads.

I notice somtimes my mind will drift while doing all these activities.
I'll be playing a song ...and my mind would be thinking about what I had for dinner last week.lol

i don't drink and use drugs for this very reason. So that i can have more control over
my thoughts.
I have crazy, wicked or truama thoughts sometime. Some are flashback, some are combimations
of flashbacks and what my creative mind generated. Wicked fantacies you can say i suppose.

Anyway, it's sort of like this.
Oneday at a time
One hour at a time
5 mins at a time
One moment at a time.....here is BEING IN THE MOMENT.

A fuller life...i suppose

Naw that's only if you're accelerating towards the speed of light, and you don't really notice it while it's happening.

^^^^^there no cure for stupid. :p
Oki doki more smart ass BS ... ha ha ha hah funni...tell another one. Clown !!!
See how fast that was ?...:p

Don't take it out on you keyboard...lmao

Wow, Darkwall, that was interesting. I feel like that sometimes, so I can relate to your post. Usually I don't even know what day or week it is even. I just sort of 'float' through life, with very few memories being made.

Latest posts

Back