The Weekend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cucuboth

Reaction score
Another weekend is over. I've painted alone. And read alone. Watched TV alone. Went out alone. And came home alone, feeling more isolated. I ended up playing with Siri on my iPod Touch, just so it felt like I had someone to talk to. So I could hear another voice talking to me. Huh, but that made me feel worse, really. Go on to the internet, and there's nobody to talk with. Play Xbox or PS3, and there's nobody to play with or talk with. Check emails, nothing but SPAM and newsletters.

Just another weekend. No different from last week. Or the one before that. Or a year ago. And probably not much different to most other people on here I guess.

And now, as I write this, I'm watched yet another sunset. Alone.

I know how you feel, I've spent many weekends alone. If you ever want to talk just PM me. I also have a PS3, but I don't play online much.

It's sad people are saddened by this, I think it's healthy to have at least some human contact.

Hello Cucuboth, I am wondering if there is something you could join at weekends so that you don't have to be alone the whole time? I belong to a reading group which meets at a local bookshop at 12-30 on Sundays and I find that it helps break up what would otherwise be a very long and empty day.

Same here. Aside from the people I work with, I have no friends or family close by. I live in an apartment building full of people, but in complete isolation. I think that almost makes it worse. I would prefer to live alone and away from people instead of alone and surrounded by them, because the latter just makes me feel worse.

It was my birthday yesterday. It has become a non-event really. I get phone calls from family, giving me well wishes and all that. They say things like "I hope you have a year full of happiness, great experiences, love, fun etc." I'm thinking like, WTF!? Do you guys not have eyes? You're just reminding me of all the things that I struggle with and that I will probably never get the hang of.

Anyway, I tried to enjoy the day regardless. I ended up walking through a mall alone, drinking a coffee alone, buying myself a game for my birthday alone, and going home alone. It pretty much sucked! :( I haven't even played the game yet.

And tomorrow the weekly charade of pretending to belong starts again...

Baka, I can really relate to how you feel when people wish you 'a year full of happiness' etc on your birthday. It rubs salt in the wound when you read or hear something like this while you feel you are dying inside from loneliness.

Tiina63 said:
Baka, I can really relate to how you feel when people wish you 'a year full of happiness' etc on your birthday. It rubs salt in the wound when you read or hear something like this while you feel you are dying inside from loneliness.

Yeah, it's cold comfort really. It feels like nothing anybody can say or do can change how you feel. You're trapped from all sides and slowly sinking deeper and deeper into hopelessness.

Tiina63 said:
Hello Cucuboth, I am wondering if there is something you could join at weekends so that you don't have to be alone the whole time? I belong to a reading group which meets at a local bookshop at 12-30 on Sundays and I find that it helps break up what would otherwise be a very long and empty day.

I've tried many clubs and groups over the years, but just never fit in with anyone in them. And that, then, makes me feel even more isolated, and ultimatly, more rejected. I know, I've been told to go to a group and just concentrate on what the group is about .. wether that be books, art, photography, whatever. But when you go for months and months, and then years and years, and find no connection with anyone ... in most of them, I'd say that hardly anyone would have even known my name ... it just becomes, well, like I said, it just makes me more aware that I don't really fit in anywhere, don't belong, and am not wanted.

Thanks everyone, for your replies though.

Just finished work for the weekend, probably won't speak to anyone else until Monday morning. I always look forward to the weekend until it comes then I can't wait to get it out of the way.

I talk to that many people at work, I enjoy the peace and quiet of weekends !
I think if you work all week, the need to make the most of your spare days.
Do something to put a smile on your face and get your heart pumping.
Do something exciting.

Cucuboth said:
Tiina63 said:

I've tried many clubs and groups over the years, but just never fit in with anyone in them. And that, then, makes me feel even more isolated, and ultimatly, more rejected. I know, I've been told to go to a group and just concentrate on what the group is about .. wether that be books, art, photography, whatever. But when you go for months and months, and then years and years, and find no connection with anyone ... in most of them, I'd say that hardly anyone would have even known my name ... it just becomes, well, like I said, it just makes me more aware that I don't really fit in anywhere, don't belong, and am not wanted.

Thanks everyone, for your replies though.

I can understand how you are feeling as I have left a group a few days ago because of this issue. It is hard to fit in and to feel a sense of belonging in many places and when you see others chatting away and exchanging email adds. and phone numbers, it can make you feel that there is something wrong with you as noone is asking for your contact details. I still go to other groups though, and despite not being in the 'inner circle' at least noone hates me.

Surprisingly, I don't feel so miserable this weekend. The thing is, I'm running away from something that's much worse than loneliness for me - my college and my weekend for me is a getaway, time when I can completely forget that I even have to go to a college.

So I spent my time playing online games, working, watching T.V. and before I even knew it, the weekend's over.

*Sad face*

Cucuboth said:
Another weekend is over. I've painted alone. And read alone. Watched TV alone. Went out alone. And came home alone, feeling more isolated. I ended up playing with Siri on my iPod Touch, just so it felt like I had someone to talk to. So I could hear another voice talking to me. Huh, but that made me feel worse, really. Go on to the internet, and there's nobody to talk with. Play Xbox or PS3, and there's nobody to play with or talk with. Check emails, nothing but SPAM and newsletters.

Just another weekend. No different from last week. Or the one before that. Or a year ago. And probably not much different to most other people on here I guess.

And now, as I write this, I'm watched yet another sunset. Alone.

You do art, Cucuboth?

I do feel for you, and in some ways I am in the same boat, I have to work all weekend, so my weekend is a Monday and Tuesday which really does feel lonely and isolated, seems the worst two days to be alone, especially when ive worked all weekend to try and make others weekends enjoyable but never get any thanks and appreciation! chin up

You feel less alone when people respond to your thread.

Considering I am the King of Loneliness, being lonely is so normalized and ordinary now. To be walking in the mall with a girl you love that love you (not your father) is pretty much fantasy driven at this point. I didn't have a normal life and other than you folks no one else could understand it. Its a sad existence we live in.

Latest posts

Back