The Wish to Change

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This didn't really seem to fit into any of the other boards, because it had to do with more than one.

An excerpt from today's blog post that I wanted response from:

2:40 PM - I want to change, I want to be someone else. I want to live my life differently.

Though, I don't think I'm capable of living my life differently...

The desire has come up, yet again, no not to make money, but to live a life of perfection. A life you see in movies and television. I desire to live a life where I struggle in school, and come home to a parent who works with you on your homework. I wish I would be the kid who stares out of the window, and is the first one out of class, only to go to the park or a friends' house to play a game, or a sport.

I wish I was that kid, but is being that kid even humanly possible?
I work alone. I am an independent learner, so my parents aren't involved in my schoolwork as much as they are in movies. I come home, and can do whatever I want, but I come home. I haven't finished my homework yet, because I had to jot this down. But, my parents don't know that!

I don't want to be so techincally advanced, and I wish I would play outside daily. I wish to not sit on my bed, typing this blog post. I don't know what to do about it. I want to stop internet gaming.

I want to stop doing all that I have known my entire life, and just do what will actually help me!

Gaming isn't <em>fun. </em>It's just addicting, it's just all I've ever known. It's almost a habit.

I don't even know what I'm saying anymore!
Let me try to sum this up into something understandable:

I want my parents to be more involved in school. I want to go outside and play a sport. I want more hobbies. I want friends. I want to be healthy. I want to play educational games online, and learn stuff through the internet, instead of wasting my time. I want to feel like there's actually a future in front of me, instead of hoping it'll change.

That's the end of that...

You can always just ask your parents to help you, even if you don't need the help and you're a independent learner. Try it out and see if you can just benefit from the quality time without throwing you off your normal learning schedule.

Unplug the games! Turn the pc off! If you have the opportunity to go outside and engage in life, do it! A lot of us start getting caught up in games because we don't have anything else to do outside and gaming fills a empty void. The sad part is that we can become so sucked up in it that we forget about living in the read world. Join a sports team or club. You'll regret it 10-15 years down the road when you realize how much time you wasted on the games.

I suppose so, but my dad comes home late, and my mom doesn't know enough to help me...I can't do it!

I did try it, today, I went outside for two hours, it was amazing. :D Very fun, and now, I don't feel the need to go onto the computer, unless it's for very little, like I checked my email, posted a very quick post to the blog, and cleared up some business.

Yay! Keep spending more time outside. When I have places to go and things to do, I really have no need to be online and I've already shed my need to play video games all the time.

I'm happy :) that you discoverd the beuty of real life aside from the virtual life. Doing things in real life will always beat virtual life.

It's hard to get away from the computer.
I go on it WAY too much.

Like you, I wish I had other things to do . .
Most of the time I lack the motivation to find new hobbies/interests/activities.

The only thing that i've found so far is reading.

Oh well, it's a start!

Anyways, best of luck. :D.

Latest posts

Back