There is nothing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PurpleDays said:
...I'm a bit confused.

Cancer can come from nothing, just circumstance and a mutation in the body, can it not?

Just like diabetes. 85% of people with Type One Diabetes have no genetic history of it.

No most cancers are caused my man made influences. Man made chemicals along with a lack of adequate diet and nutrition allows them to form. Radon Gas, Cosmic rays, a couple of molds and a couple of viruses are the only natural carcinogens.

This about it - it takes millions of years of evolution for a species to adapt to a new molecule in nature. Many of the chemicals, toxins and dioxins we are exposed to now have only been with us a few decades. How can you expect the human body to process a molecule not found in nature that only came about 5 years ago?

I believe in God, but not everyone else does.

If you can't put your faith in God, put it in something else. Like your family, your friends, or even a celebrity or idol. Look for something bigger than yourself.

John Lennon once said that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus. If they were, then a lot of people found solace in The Beatles' music.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I believe in God, but not everyone else does.

If you can't put your faith in God, put it in something else. Like your family, your friends, or even a celebrity or idol. Look for something bigger than yourself.

John Lennon once said that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus. If they were, then a lot of people found solace in The Beatles' music.

what part of "lonely life" do you not get?

cumulus.james said:
Nothing matters.

I am struggling to find something to believe in.

StatueInTheRain said:
cumulus.james said:
Nothing matters.

cumulus.james said:
there is nothing. Just pain and emptiness.

That seems to be true. I used to believe there was a god, but after years of praying I've learned that there just isn't anything out there.

And isn't that the truth?
Nothing matters.

I guess you need to find something, some reason to make you happy. Otherwise find reasons to laugh at this existence. Talk to other people, watch movies, whatever. Its pointless, its painful, frustrating ... but its also strange, full of random honeysuckle.
All people are full of pain and sadness, most find ways of coping whether it be in a better future (whatever that may be), music, other people, jobs or religion.
Laugh at the sunset or stare at water. Its pointless, why not laugh at it? Why not smile and say, thats pretty fudged up?
Ask yourself, what will happen tomorrow. Do you know? Maybe you should wait and find out?

Harkat said:
I guess you need to find something, some reason to make you happy.

I have found there is something out there that can make me happy.
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to have it.
Any other ideas?

blackdot said:
Harkat said:

Any other ideas?

hmmm
Perhaps find the whole situation ironic and laugh at it?

Sorry if I'm not more helpful than that but sometimes thats all you have to do.
I wish you all the best

blackdot said:
Harkat said:

Any other ideas?

Isn't that the truth. Beer and Cigarettes and food used to make me happy. Now I am not allowed any of those for health reasons.

Bleak old world here on this treadmill eating this stick of celery.

Pray tell, what is it you are denied?

Well let's see, I'm not sure what needs elaborating.
Maybe it's the word date.

We have a choice
1.) A day and/or time
2.) The sweet, edible, oblong or oval fruit of the date palm
3.) To go out with someone romantically.

I'll give you a hint. It's not 1 or 2.

blackdot said:
Well let's see, I'm not sure what needs elaborating.
Maybe it's the word date.

We have a choice
1.) A day and/or time
2.) The sweet, edible, oblong or oval fruit of the date palm
3.) To go out with someone romantically.

I'll give you a hint. It's not 1 or 2.

Why can you not go out with someone romantically? You are good looking?

well, it requires for someone to want to date me
it's not like a car or a house or a shirt where I can walk in, hand over money, and walk out having it.
(and no, I don't want a prostitute so don't reply that you can buy a date. *laughs*)

blackdot said:
well, it requires for someone to want to date me
it's not like a car or a house or a shirt where I can walk in, hand over money, and walk out having it.
(and no, I don't want a prostitute so don't reply that you can buy a date. *laughs*)

We are always given the impression that "dating" is a national past time in the us, especially New York.

I guess you must have the same problem I have - not meeting enough people in the course of life for one of them to be drawn to you. I wont patronize you by trying to give you advice, if I knew the answer I would not have spent most my adult life singe! But if I figure it out ill let you know.

I see people, i just am not attractive to single women. Just married women.
Plus I don't drink so I don't go the places most single women hang out.

there is a lot of things that are national past times in the US that I am not part of.

blackdot said:
I see people, i just am not attractive to single women. Just married women.
Plus I don't drink so I don't go the places most single women hang out.

there is a lot of things that are national past times in the US that I am not part of.

Move over here you will have the pick of women by virtue of your accent.

cumulus.james said:
Nothing matters.

But why do you need something to believe it?
Some say this need is human nature but not all humans have it...

...but it sounds like you do?

There really is nothing out there that is worthy of your unyielding belief or worship (unless you're religious).

When I accepted this life became more meaningful to me. That there is no purpose to life is not problematic.

Latest posts

Back