There's this girl who I like a lot but I don't know how to approach the situation.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
She's the daughter of one of my mother's friends and I've liked her for a couple of weeks.

My mum told her mum about the way I feel but the next time I see the girl in question I don't have any clue what to do. You see, I've never even spoken to her before.

I've never asked a girl out and I'd be grateful for some tips on how to, A - befriend her and B - MAYBE eventually ask her out on a date.

Thank you.

Try to find out as much information via your mom. Find out what she is interested in. Try and arrange "accidents" where you both end up in the exact same place and say something like "Oh hey your... right? I've wondered of I would ever meet you." I know it sounds a little corny but you can work out the specifics. With the right prior knowledge and a little luck you might be able to pull it off.

Signing out,
Aedammair

I like the direct approach. Next time you see her, walk right up and tell her you think she's pretty and that you'd like to get to know her. Then ask her to lunch or something slightly innocent like that. Don't start with a full-fledged "restaurant" date. ^_^

----Steve

Another thing I worry about is the fact she's black. I'm extremely attracted to black and Asian girls, but she may not want to date a white guy.

I'm a minority myself. I would just suggest that you be really careful to not be percieved as cocky. Whether there interracial relationships largely depends on the area you live in. If racial lines are firmly set in your area it might be a problem. If not then you may stand a chance.

Aedammair
P.S. If all else fails you can just try what PiebeNice suggested ;)

Haha black girls love to date white guys...usually to make their daddies mad. :p And I'm not being racist at all...lots of black girls' dads don't want their daughters dating Whitey. *shrug*

Don't let it concern you, it should be no big deal. (Unless, as Aesammair said, you live in KKK-ville) Most people these days are open and completely accept interracial couples. Be careful not to treat her differently than you would a white girl, because it won't really be that different.

----Steve

I think the first mistake you made was going through your mother and hers.

You need to use the easy opportunity of family-to-family interaction to approach the girl on YOUR terms, not through the mother hens. Unless this girl is a nun, getting her mom to put in a good word for you is useless and may even put you a downright disadvantage.

Seriously, I think you should move on. Getting the mothers involved is probably a irreparable mistake and you should stop investing time in something that's only going to be more painful the longer you let it go on.

That said, if you just want to plow ahead and ruin family relations, go after her. Use the family friend thing to talk to her, you know, the whole "gee our families are together again" bullshit stuff and take it from there. The worst that will happen is that she'll accuse you of being a creep and trying to rape her and your family and hers will never speak again. I hope you don't use the same grocery store, because managing clan feuds while juggling coupon discounts can be a real pain in the ass.

Just go up to her and say "sup baby girl, I noticed you from across the way... and ugh.. i think maybe you and me should get to talkin'."

hah naw i dunno i was never good at that honeysuckle, actually though it's pretty simple. You just go up to her introduce yourself give her a compliment on her looks and ask her if she'd like to see a movie with you or somethin.

bookbinder said:
I think the first mistake you made was going through your mother and hers.

You need to use the easy opportunity of family-to-family interaction to approach the girl on YOUR terms, not through the mother hens. Unless this girl is a nun, getting her mom to put in a good word for you is useless and may even put you a downright disadvantage.

Seriously, I think you should move on. Getting the mothers involved is probably a irreparable mistake and you should stop investing time in something that's only going to be more painful the longer you let it go on.

That said, if you just want to plow ahead and ruin family relations, go after her. Use the family friend thing to talk to her, you know, the whole "gee our families are together again" bullshit stuff and take it from there. The worst that will happen is that she'll accuse you of being a creep and trying to rape her and your family and hers will never speak again. I hope you don't use the same grocery store, because managing clan feuds while juggling coupon discounts can be a real pain in the ass.

Lol. Thanks, I guess. :(

While it is regrettable that the momma-hens now have the inside track...you can pursue the girl and get them cluckity-clucks out of the picture. The girl would probably love to have a "secret, it can't happen" affair. Girls get turned on by that romantic crap. :p Besides, once you're with the girl, the mothers will come around eventually.

If you're really interested in her, go for it and **** the consequences! Life is too short to dither around worrying about insulting mommy.

----Steve

Use the moms problem to your advantage, have your mom find out what she likes.

1. do/buy/say something she likes
2. she's taken aback
3. quickly push the atack, "how are you?" "so do you like [insert thing here]?" "mom conversations are boring, wanna take a walk around?"
4. ????
5. Profit.

This is foolproof man, unless she's not even remotely interested, or lesbian wich would suck for you.

Good luck.

D

Latest posts

Back