Things to ponder when considering a relationship

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christina Sarah

Reaction score
Am I comfortable talking to this person?
Can we talk about nothing and still talk?
Could I see myself spending the rest of my life with them?
Do they make me happy?
Do I make them happy?
Is the relationship healthy?
Is it beneficial to me?
Is it beneficial to them?
Are we helping more than we're hurting?
Does merely being around them elevate my mood?

I do not claim this list as my original work. They're from my friend. I thought I would share them though. ;3

Don't know how much I want to explain, but beware of only being able to talk about nothing with someone.

I find talking about nothing with people is a great sign. Aslong as it's mixed in with the lovey dovey stuff so you know there's point to the relationship

My friend has a history of long term relationships. Because he wanted to keep things that way, he was very apprehensive toward future endeavors. That explains all the "worrying". He wanted to be sure. I think it really works for him. This relationship he's in now has been going on 5 years now I think.

Do we each have our alone time?
Does the relationship encourage being fulfilled by ourselves, family, friends, places, hobbies and interests?
Do we have unresolved previous relationship issues? Are we over our ex?
Do we have unresolved issues that would interfere with us loving another person fully?
Are there boundaries/standards in place?
Can we agree to disagree?
Are we apologizing to the other person almost never?

Is my mother a soulless psychopath plotting to force me into a marriage with another empty sack of narcissistic dogshit?

That's not a joke, that would've been the question of someome very close to me, but she didn't have the luxury to weight up all the pros and cons. All my love.

I knew someone who would outright state that 'Love is DEAD", yet they were the craftiest soldier for good i ever met.

it's a weird world. idk, respect yourself first and don't rush trust..

do we share the same beliefs n view of the world?
do we both have the same idea in terms of improving the world?
can we both balance out in terms of given n take?
r we compatible sexually?
r we both wrkng 2 improve ourselves?
those r questions i ask AFTER>>
is this person mentally healthy?
does this person have good character?
is this person the type of person i already need (dont need/want any1 i have 2 "change")?
is this person productive?
is this person wrkng 2 improve themselves?
does this person have addictions (tho this 1 falls under the rest i always ask myself this twice)?
there r othr thngs 2 like trust dedication loyalty blah blah blah but that just reverts under my character q

Latest posts

Back