Things You Do Even Though You Know They're Bad For You

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.Smoke too much.
2.Drink too much.
3.Wonder about stupid things like,smoke and drink both have five letters,but one looks much longer than the other!

uhm... eating too much, stressing, Plants versus Zombies, cocacola light, senseless internet navigation that fills my head with useless notions such as Aztec counting systems, or the true lives of Lizzie Borden or Nikola Tesla; skipping exercise (which I really really need), watching horror movies and then spending the night up in fear

1. Procrastinating
2. Wasting time on the Internet
3. Staying up late wasting time on the Internet
4. Feeling guilty about wasting time on the Internet
5. Working through the majority of my lunch break, then scarfing down Quiznos every day of my life
6. Removing myself from social situations
7. Worrying about what everyone thinks of me

staying up too late, which then causes me to sleep in too late
procrastination
binging information on the internet, most of which i either never wind up using, or i forget it
spending lots of time Google image searching cars I can't afford
probably more that i can't think of right now

i would add self-doubt, complaining, negativity, and rage, although i'm still not sure if those are bad habits or just responses to my life.

Vaping
Overeating
Little exercise.
Too much coffee.
Spicy food.
Staying up at night.

Trusting too much too quickly.
Not setting well-defined boundaries.
Being too open.

If I decide to buy myself a "treat" at the store, I can never make it last longer than 2 days. And I live by myself. Example: I bought these chocolate marshmallow cookies last weekend, ate half of them on Saturday and the rest on Sunday - I need to discipline myself and just eat 2 per day and make them last all week. I just never seem to do that.

Vinny D said:
If I decide to buy myself a "treat" at the store, I can never make it last longer than 2 days.  And I live by myself.  Example:  I bought these chocolate marshmallow cookies last weekend, ate half of them on Saturday and the rest on Sunday - I need to discipline myself and just eat 2 per day and make them last all week.  I just never seem to do that.

SAMMMMMMMMME....bought a box of brownies yesterday...they are all gone now.

Nicolelt said:
Vinny D said:
If I decide to buy myself a "treat" at the store, I can never make it last longer than 2 days.  And I live by myself.  Example:  I bought these chocolate marshmallow cookies last weekend, ate half of them on Saturday and the rest on Sunday - I need to discipline myself and just eat 2 per day and make them last all week.  I just never seem to do that.

Have you two ever thought about sharing with the rest of us? :club:

TheRealCallie said:
Nicolelt said:
Vinny D said:

joey-doesnt-share-food.jpg

Nicolelt said:
TheRealCallie said:
Nicolelt said:
Vinny D said:

joey-doesnt-share-food.jpg

giphy.gif

TheRealCallie said:
Nicolelt said:
Vinny D said:

Hey, maybe that would work - then I wouldn't eat it all!

bodeilla said:
Trusting too much too quickly.
Not setting well-defined boundaries.
Being too open.

Vinny D said:
If I decide to buy myself a "treat" at the store, I can never make it last longer than 2 days. And I live by myself. Example: I bought these chocolate marshmallow cookies last weekend, ate half of them on Saturday and the rest on Sunday - I need to discipline myself and just eat 2 per day and make them last all week. I just never seem to do that.

Same here on both/all of y'all!

Just binge and get more hahaa i cant get enough chocolate, can do 500g's easy nom nom nom

1. Smoke
2. Move in ways i shouldnt

The usuals - eat too much, drink too much coffee, wake up and stay up too late.

Before covid, when I actually went out (seems like forever ago now!), I was pretty quick to spend money on beer when I probably could/should have spent it more wisely.

Too much mindless surfing the internet - reading articles and watching youtube videos, sometimes about things that i don't even really care about, just to forget it all later.  i think i do that as a form of stress relief.

Then of course, anger, complaining, pessimism - I know they are bad for me and bad to do, and I'm trying to get more conscious of it, but they've been hard for me to shake.

Nicolelt said:

^That was one of my favorite Friends episodes :D

endlessly ruminate about what an ugly loser i am and how i am not good enough to be loved. i actually don't do anything that is physically harmful to myself but my psyche is constantly under siege by the existential loneliness, despair & angst of being an unwanted & inferior male.

Latest posts

Back