Things you want to change about yourself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to change my tendency to withdraw from people- I've allowed isolation to become a dominant part of my life and its not all that desirable.

Rosebolt said:
I want to become colder.

It's not really that great- once you've frozen everybody out the next person to feel its effect is yourself....

I still want to change my job. :p

Edward W said:
Do women like wearing high heels? It seems a bit mean/sexist in a way, I know it makes you look taller, (sexier), but doesn't look comfy or safe.

Although sometimes it's painful, it gives me a good feeling wearing it. Like what annik said, flats aren't really favourable because they're not that comfortable. But I still love flats lol. I think for most people's feet, we need a little bit of elevation because of the curve we have on the base of our feet.

weirdquietgirl said:
I wish I was more articulate. Usually when someone tries to speak to me, especially when I don't expect it, I get tongue-tied or my mind goes blank. I thought going on a message board would help, but I'm even having a hard time with that.

I used to be like this, believe it or not. But I think that with constant practice, putting yourself in such situations where you try to relax and push yourself to think of something to say, it will get better.

weirdquietgirl said:
I wish I was more articulate. Usually when someone tries to speak to me, especially when I don't expect it, I get tongue-tied or my mind goes blank. I thought going on a message board would help, but I'm even having a hard time with that.

Yep, I have this problem, too. Even on msg boards - esp when a witty response is needed. *hugs*

I wish to have even thicker skin.
I've progressed a lot in the past few years, but there are still things that I should be overlooking and can spike my temperament and emotions.

But Peaches, isn't it sometimes better not to know the reason?

Medusa said:
weirdquietgirl said:

Yep, I have this problem, too. Even on msg boards - esp when a witty response is needed. *hugs*

This 100%

My dependency on liquid courage I suppose.
Not in the alcoholic sense, more in the I can't get myself to do certain things if I'm completely sober =_=

* I need to not be so vain.
* I need to stop being antisocial.
* I want to be thinner, being just "skinny" is not enough for me now.

There's no doubt more that I've forgotten...

I'd like to get out more. I get out plenty but I'd like to do more things.

Veruca said:
Everything

You're an amazing woman, V. I don't see why you should change everything about yourself. People will always be there to make you feel small, unworthy, less than normal or just wrong. But who's to say how each of us should be? Who are they to judge us? We are all unique people. You are your own person and you're a great one. *hugs* And even if it's got nothing to do with people, all I can say is have faith., keep strong and keep going. PM me if you want to talk, or vent it out in the forum.

BrokenInside said:
I want to be numb for a while.

Aww :( why numb? *hugs* Hope you're okay.

Where do i start.. Id like to be more confident. Able to speak out.. Im not inneed of a mate.. Their fake most of em.. Im not including you guys xX

Latest posts

Back