This is so amazing!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris 2

Reaction score
Seriously or Sarcasm?

It is just very sad to know that my dad and mom are so dam clueless about me.

First off I had a conversation with my dad, wait let me change it, I was force to sit down and listen to what he think is best for me to listen crap.

Now he ask me did I feel like killing myself because I can't smile, umm...dad if you haven't notice, I'm pretty much always thinking about killing myself all my life starting with the first day I ever step foot in kindergarten.

Now my dad is praising my look and telling me that I have low self esteem (duh!) and I have a tall nose, and I'm tall and all that baloney. First of all, I'm only 5'8, so I am short, so stop calling me tall. He ask if I like the picture of me when I was small, how handsome I was and all that. NO, I was never good looking or average looking and most of my picture is hidden in my closet. Don't you just hate it when your parents like to you especially when it about your look? Hell I don't even like looking at myself, and so it a done deal, so stop bringing that up.

So now my dad was talking about how I have low self-esteem and girls can see right through it (yup another duh!) He was like Chris, you'll never have any friend if your not a nice person. OK this crap me up in my mind. He like go out there and make some friend, right on boss! What you think I been doing all these years, ya jackass? I am a nice person, and because of my social anxiety last year I left most of my female friends hanging, so you don't know the whole story so stop preaching me.

Really why does my parents keep thinking I have the prefect life and I have more advantage than disadvantage? If I was a happy person, I would have never even knew these site would exist. If I was good looking or normal looking, I wouldn't have been call "ugly" and "weird looking" and all those BS that occur throughout my life, and I wouldn't get beat up only because I look differently from everyone else. Now let look at my advantage: Im short, I'm Asian, I can't smile, I been harass and make fun off, name calling, racist name calling, beat up, subject of many rumor, excluded from groups, lonely, unwanted even by my fellow Asian, girls are not attracted to me, ugly, and the list go on and on. Boy how can parents be so ignorant?

Your parents cannot read you're mind and understand your thoughts or what you've gone through in life. It seems to me your father just wants to help you and make you happy, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you should try to look at the better things in life though. I know that sounds like a terrible excuse. But really, what else can you do? Just be thankful your life isn't any worse.

I'm hated by hispanic women and I'm hispanic.

Are you trying to find a few people who think you are cool or are you trying to be king popular?

Your father doesn't know what its like because he hasn't experienced it. Parents always think their children are great no matter what.

Don't worry about what your parents think. Your dad seems to want you to be happy, so at least his intentions are good even if his methods aren't that great. He doesn't know how to solve your problems.

I hope your self esteem improves so you can be happy. Just remember that all the people who made fun of you didn't do it because you're different; they made fun of you and were rude to you because they were insecure about themselves.

Would you rather your dad approach you the way he is, or for him to come out and say, DEAL WITH IT. accept your not the best looking guy, once you do that you can move on. And you can make heaps of friends without being the hottest person, everyone has ugly friends lol.

I dont think your life is bad, but you make it bad, by filling your head with such negatives. Anyone could sit here and complain about all the bad things, but theres no need, and it doesnt help. Build up the mind power to change how you think, about life and yourself. once you do that your life will turn around. If you dont you will never be happy. Theres no piont worrying about anything in life, it doesnt fix it, just deal wit it, you have the power to change your life, and if you think its to hard you have yourself to blame.

Seriously, your dad sounds like a good guy. listen to him

Dude...try being the only asian kid in all your schooling years, back when. I heard them all.lol
I can understand where you're coming from..because it'll mess you up and effect you.

It's either going mess you up or it's going to make you stronger. Maybe a little bit of both.
All i know is...I have to deal with me, myself, and I.... 24/7's.

If the world is against you??..Which I don't dought how you feel at times or a lot of times.
It took me a while to graps it ....I figured, I'd be nice to myself.
Becuase the truth the matter is...as bad and rotten people can be sometimes towards me,
I'm my freaken worst enemy.

I've met a lot of nice people in this world, not everybody is mean or are hung up on looks or race.
And it 'strue that there's people in thos world that will hate you just becuase...but don't waste your life
worry about them. There's nothing you can do to change there minds or make them like you..
Just ignore them, You don't need everyone to like you or accept you...that's too much **** work me.lol
Plus they have thier own issues to deal with, they're not thinking about you 24/7s that's for sure.
You don't even cross thier mind 99.9999999% of the time.

Dude...my freinds don't care how I look...they're guys, they don't wanna get in my pants.lmao
All of my gf/wife are hot blondies and they all say I'm cute and attractive....but I had bad self image of myself.

I have a couple of friends that are over wieght.
They probably wanna hang themselve if they think too much about it. They have to deal with thier
challenges. I have freinds that are prudy, rich and smart...but they have problems too, sometimes worst than mine.
So whatever the hell I go through...I'm not different.
It just seems different on the surface. Everybody have their troubles and challenges in life.

I just told myself that i was going to love myself no matter what.
I just did it oneday at a time to break that bad habit i had of hating myself.
Becuase no matter where I go, no matter what i do....Hot ****...there I AM.

Now you talk about your dad saying that you're handsome, but you don't think you are. You may not realize this, but parents have a way of seeing beauty in their kids that no one else can. It comes from love. Even if they don't shower you with love they still gave life to you and that makes them perceive you in a way that no one else can. My dad use to just kinda stop at random moments and look at my mom and go "Ben is a handsome devil, isn't he?" and she'd agree and smile. Back then I was a bit chubby, pimply, and short so it always made me angry as I thought they were just trying to make their son feel better, but they could see something that I couldn't and in retrospect I see that now.

Also, one thing that really helps to get people not to pick on you or think that you're ugly is to live with confidence. It isn't easy. I know I struggle with it all the time, but if you're confident and optimistic about yourself it shows and other people will start seeing you that way. I use to get picked on all the time and made fun of because I was down on myself, but one day I pretty much said "screw this! I'm done being so hard on myself. I'm just going to like me and if no one else does to bad!" and it wasn't long before I started feeling better about myself and people started treating me nicely. Also, thinking this way will make you look better as it'll make you healthier and perceive yourself differently.

I'm looking at your avatar and I don't really think that you're ugly, but I can tell that you do need to smile more. A smile is a very attractive thing as it gives off a friendly, pleasant vibe. It took me a long time to realize that.

Doing any of these things are hard and I really struggle with it sometimes, but forcing yourself to think and act those ways will drastically improve your life. Trust me. I don't mean to tell you what to do, but I will tell you what has worked for me. What you do with what I say is entirely up to you, but I hope I helped a little.

Latest posts

Back