This Spam Sucks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds me of the Boston Molasses Disaster, back in 1919, when this storage tank of molasses bust. Buildings were destroyed and 21 people drowned/ suffocated to death. Sometimes, spam can be ok. Depending on circumstance, some people even like the stuff. Sometimes, there's too much, and people get a bit overwhelmed.

No real way to stop it unless you have really good spam-filtering software.

*shrug*

It's just the world we live in.

No real way to stop it unless the forum was somehow able to manage a screening process for new members in the manner of random words to type in before they're allowed entrance to our prestigious community.

Can't see that happening anytime soon.

Bread said:
No real way to stop it unless the forum was somehow able to manage a screening process for new members in the manner of random words to type in before they're allowed entrance to our prestigious community.

That is called Captcha and it is implemented on this site.

After today's spam I have slight inferiority complex over the size of my penis. :(

Stride said:
Bread said:

That is called Captcha and it is implemented on this site.

After today's spam I have slight inferiority complex over the size of my penis. :(

LMAO xD

url

I've been having this problem on a site I own, but new members have to be approved first. Lately I've just been deleting all new member accounts, this morning there were 146. I even strengthened the Captcha and still get tons. I'm on the verge of suspending new accounts for the time being. This even after the software I use put out and update and patch to help filter spam accounts, epic fail on that patch.

we're sorry :(

it's been pretty crazy, but we're banning all the ones we find and deleting spam threads, it's just that there is a lot comming in really fast

:(

I can't believe people drowned in molasses in that accident, that's like something out of a terrible fantasy or movie

and thanks for the work you're doing sci fi :)

Latest posts

Back