Thought I'd say hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegetableMan

Reaction score
So yeah, hi everyone. This is the first time I'm writing anything on any kind of forum, so please forgive me, if you find my posts unreadable. I'm normally VERY concerned about privacy (read too many dystopian novels when I was young) thus I don't even have an FB account. Ah yes, I should also add that English is not my first language, but I'll do anything I can to express myself properly.

I decided to create an account on this forum since lately I've been feeling extremely isolated - I moved out and started living on my own a year ago; my girlfriend left me 3,5 years ago and I've been single ever since - somehow I've not been able to meet anyone new. I've never been a particularly popular person and recently I started to notice that my mental health might be deteriorating. Anyways, I just felt like it might be a good idea to be able to talk to some people, if only to stop feeling so lonely all the time...

Hi There welcome.

Don't worry about that fb crap, websites like this are much better. You actually get listened to.

Hey Veg,

Hi-five for not having a FB account!

Welcome to the forum...

drr26 said:
Only so you can perve. What happened to the beans greeting son ???

Perve on what? Beans don't have FB accounts; they have more sense than that.

Good morning, Vegetable man. Nobody has a fb account. Mental health deteriorating? Welcome to the club!

Hey Veg, welcome to the forum. I wonder what inspired you to choose that username.

ladyforsaken said:
Hey Veg, welcome to the forum. I wonder what inspired you to choose that username.

Oh, I'm big fan of Pink Floyd. It's one of their lesser known songs, written by their first leader, Syd Barrett. Unfortunately, due to Syd's mental problems and his subsequent departure fromt the band, the song was never included on any of the PF's actual albums, but can be heard on some bootlegs and collections.

Just thought it would sound funny - sorta like a superhero, only... not really.

Hello Vegetable, welcome!
Do you know the song Vegetable Friend? I never understood what it means, though

[video=youtube]

Peaches said:
Hello Vegetable, welcome!
Do you know the song Vegetable Friend? I never understood what it means, though

Thank you, I've never heard this song. It's very nice, though I also have no idea what it means. Funny thing about Robyn Hitchcock is, he actually wrote a song about Syd Barrett:

Such a strange coincidence you mentioned him...

Hi, I've been feeling a few of the same worries u have. Pink floyd is one my fav bands, they're still popular universally to this day. Nice to learn a little history about them

Latest posts

Back