Thoughts and Comparisons

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbottron

Reaction score
Ok, well, here is a bunch of thoughts and experiences that I have felt up to now because of the loneliness I have been feeling. I'm curious as to though anyone else has some of these thoughts. Here goes:

1. I go to work and laugh along with my co-workers, enjoying their company and funny antics, but when I come home I feel outright depressed and lonely.

2. I do have a friend that I could call to hang out with, but I'd rather make excuses as to why not to leave my home.

3. I want to be around people, but crowds absolutely exhausts me. I am not a fan of large groups.

4. I feel as though because of my isolation I am missing out on some really good times as well as time is running out to have those good times.

5. I really wish I had a girlfriend in my life, but I don't make any advances in any way to make that possible.

6. Some days it feels as though it's easier to give up and be lonely than to constantly think up ideas to improve my social status.

7. Being by myself causes me to think about life's meaning/purpose, if there really is a God, and the philosophies of life to the point that I frustrate myself.

That's about it for now. Please feel free to add some of your own so that we can all relate.

P.S. My apologies if I posted this in the wrong forum.

I'm in almost the exactly same situation. I believe it is a state that is called "pathology of loneliness" - in which it says that some men subconsciously push others away to maintain their isolation, even though the main source of their torment is this very isolation.

Anyway, try doing something new. Go to the gym, read a book, go to the movies. Whatever. Thinking much is not always good. I don't think that knowing there are a lot of people feeling like you at the moment will make you feel better, but it's the truth. As I said - try something new.

Latest posts

Back