Three Questions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to Estreen

I hate to explain everything on fingers....

1) I wasn't talking about Christian God. Besides you answered only as you want just like I am, do you know why ? Because question ISN'T CLEAR.
Think a little. We have two possible answers here that depends on your understanding of the question.
a) if God is evil(in our nowadays vision of it) from the begining.
b) if you suddenly understand that He is evil.
I answered according to the "a" variant. And did it because answering on "b" type of question is too obvious, here everyhting depends on your own persuasions And since there are alot of people and this isn't a question to all(grown up) of them, the true answer you can find by yourself cuz answers on this forum won't do much.

2) Thank you for explaining the meaning of the "contempt" word and free course of Bible containing, but I realy not THAT stupid.
Author didn't give us REASON to feel such. Read question once again. If he is author of the book then he surely need to ask as such. The question was like : "You see bird. Why do you hate it ?".
Ofcourse I understand that he wants us to search reason by ourselves, I wanted him to correct himself not you. I read a lot of books and must tell you that this isn't author's type of writing.

3)"Morals and god are two separate things...." lol, I didn't even wrote something to deny or except it.
First of all Lonesome Crow wrote about NOWADAYS not past times AND Chrisitan God not every. Seriously you need to read carefuly.
"If it weren't for Constantine converting to Christianity, more than likely it would have died out like most budding religions around that time. So, your first major Christians were "sin pigs", as you called
them."

And now we are talking about the past.
You denying what you wrote. Since they except the new faith they become better not worse. Think about it.
No realy, wide spread of moral came with Christ. religion.
Ofcourse AFTER that just simple knowledge of laws like every killing, cheating and so on are bad things and that people need to be polite and kind to each other, spread in the whole world. But ofcourse not
everyone excepted such rules.
Well anyway, people living in the world when these laws are already became ordinary and in most cases their mom and dad were explaining it from the birth. That is why it doesn't realy matter have you faith or not, moral is already here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I hope that my answer wasn't read with words like "this guy is totaly stupid /*in thoughts: I think the otherwise*/"

Liapos said:
Q#1

If an ultimate being (a god) was evil, would you oppose it? If yes, even if it meant eternal and unremitting torture?
If said ultimate being gave me free-will and the ability to oppose it then I would if I felt it's doing wrong. If it wanted yay-sayers, it could have created them without free-will. If it's going to punish me for doing what it gave me the option to do - then it'd most likely punish me no matter what. Basically - if I have free-will, my will will be free :)

Liapos said:
Q#2

If you were that ultimate being, would you not necessarily punish, but distinguish those who objected to your rule from those who did not? If not, how would you deal with rapists, murderers, and child molesters?
If I was an ultimate being, there was no objection to my rule. :)
seriously - if I gave free-will to the people, why would I punish their behavior to each other? it's the people's responsibility to act together and create a society. I wouldn't even decree rules about how people should act to each other. HOWEVER - if I chose to do so anyway, then I would probably punish rule-breaking like a parent would punish a child.

Liapos said:
Q#3

Suppose for the sake of argument that the Judeo-Christian god of the Bible is revealed to be the one true god. Would you hold him in contempt? Even if it meant being separated from those you love for all eternity?
Probably, yes. (Disclosure: I was born and raised Jewish though I hold no official religion currently)
a god that creates rules and then punishes with eternity is worthy of contempt in my opinion. if you want to teach something - don't brake it the first time it fails.

Liapos said:
I ask because questions like these are some of the central themes to the story I'm writing. If a god is unjust but all-powerful, are there creatures who would oppose his ultimate tyranny in the face of certain damnation?
Cool! I hope we get to read it later? :)

SunWeb said:
to Estreen

1) I wasn't talking about Christian God. Besides you answered only as you want just like I am, do you know why ? Because question ISN'T CLEAR.
Think a little. We have two possible answers here that depends on your understanding of the question.
I answered according to the "a" variant. And did it because answering on "b" type of question is too obvious, here everyhting depends on your own persuasions And since there are alot of people and this isn't a question to all(grown up) of them, the true answer you can find by yourself cuz answers on this forum won't do much.

2) Thank you for explaining the meaning of the "contempt" word and free course of Bible containing, but I realy not THAT stupid.
Author didn't give us REASON to feel such. Read question once again. If he is author of the book then he surely need to ask as such. The question was like : "You see bird. Why do you hate it ?".
Ofcourse I understand that he wants us to search reason by ourselves, I wanted him to correct himself not you. I read a lot of books and must tell you that this isn't author's type of writing.

3)"Morals and god are two separate things...." lol, I didn't even wrote something to deny or except it.
First of all Lonesome Crow wrote about NOWADAYS not past times AND Chrisitan God not every. Seriously you need to read carefuly.
"If it weren't for Constantine converting to Christianity, more than likely it would have died out like most budding religions around that time. So, your first major Christians were "sin pigs", as you called
them."

You denying what you wrote. Since they except the new faith they become better not worse. Think about it.
Ofcourse AFTER that just simple knowledge of laws like every killing, cheating and so on are bad things and that people need to be polite and kind to each other, spread in the whole world. But ofcourse not
Well anyway, people living in the world when these laws are already became ordinary and in most cases their mom and dad were explaining it from the birth. That is why it doesn't realy matter have you faith or not, moral is already here.
I hope that my answer wasn't read with words like "this guy is totaly stupid /*in thoughts: I think the otherwise*/"

Sun Web, I'm assuming English is not your first language? Because it is very hard for me to understand what you are trying to say in your post. I don't mean that as an insult, but maybe it is the cause as to why I perhaps misunderstood you in your first post, to a degree?

I apologize if my copy and paste of the definition of the word "contempt" offended you. I didn't mean it to be any sort of insult, just a reference point as it seemed you didn't get what he was asking. And again, I could have just simply misinterpreted your wording in your post.

I'll leave Liapos to explain his own questions/wording, as this is his thread.

The last I check..Buhdaism is a religion. A religion that dose not beliving in a GOD.
The last i checked some buhdist are very spiritual enlighten moral people.

Hunduism belive in a GOD ....but not Jesus Christ.

The UAS's democratic sociality is modeled after the Roman's Empire.
No wonder the world hates the USA...it's based off of immoral honeysuckle :p
You have the freedom to worship Satan even, While many might disgree or dislike it,
It's is still freedom of religion or lack of religion.

Christainity became a part of the Roman's empire.
mmmm... all the crusade for Jerusalem.
The last i check...the Pope resides in ROME.

Lonesome Crow said:
The last I check..Buhdaism is a religion. A religion that dose not beliving in a GOD.
The last i checked some buhdist are very spiritual enlighten moral people.

Hunduism belive in a GOD ....but not Jesus Christ.

The UAS's democratic sociality is modeled after the Roman's Empire.
No wonder the world hates the USA...it's based off of immoral honeysuckle :p
You have the freedom to worship Satan even, While many might disgree or dislike it,
It's is still freedom of religion or lack of religion.

Christainity became a part of the Roman's empire.
mmmm... all the crusade for Jerusalem.
The last i check...the Pope resides in ROME.

How is this at all relevant to the discussion?

SunWeb said:
to Estreen

them."

What at all was unclear about these questions? They are semantically sound as regards to their intended meaning. What is so ambiguous about them?

You ask questions...I gave you straight answers...

You don't have to like it or agree with it...

It is however an answer.

If you wish for me to agree with your percetions or conclusions...
Why bother asking these stupid questions to begin with ?
The **** election is over...freaken obama won...lmao
If this...if that..and suppost fucken Snoopy is fucken god on a
fucken tuseday....lmao There's a billion fucken if or endless possiblities.

Errrr...as if you havn't never this one before...
When you pray to god...sometimes god gives you an answer you don't wanna hear :p
That would be another way of me answering question #2. lol

Estreen said:
Sun Web, I'm assuming English is not your first language?
Nope :)

Liapos said:
What at all was unclear about these questions? They are semantically sound as regards to their intended meaning. What is so ambiguous about them?
I already wrote. The 3-rd one is badly written.
I am the type of person that likes everything to be clear or there will be alot of variants to think about and we hate it ))

1. I'd oppose the deity ... I dunno about the torture thing though. I'm sure that I'll fight frickin' back. Won't go down without a fight.

2. I'd try to figure out why there is an opposition. I'd pick their brains first, then probably punish them in the end if I'm not satisfied with the reasoning. The mentioned offenders goes straight to the barbeque pit without question though.

3. I'd hold him in contempt. He could've done better. He is God after all.

How's the story going?

Latest posts

Back