Timing, is it just me or?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Futurum

Reaction score
I'm just wondering, every time I seem to redevelop some feelings towards and ex and contemplate giving it another go, something perculiar ensures. Once I have started conversing with them again and started making subtly hints of my intentions, generally they seem completely dispirited which subsequently only makes me want them more.
(Strange phenomenon incoming) it is always at this point of me increasingly wanting them more that they have restarted dating (everytime).

Now my questions are; Why is it we always want what we can't have? and the greater the challenge the more alluring it is.
Secondly why is it my feelings always redevelop at the exact time/point when they have moved on? The strangest part of this to me, is that I am never aware of my ex redating but my feelings still develop, is there a natural bodily mechanism to explain this, or do i and my feelings have horrendous timing?

I dont think its about timing. You shouldnt be developing feelings for them at all really. Maybe you need more time with no contact until you fully move on?

Futurum said:
I'm just wondering, every time I seem to redevelop some feelings towards and ex and contemplate giving it another go, something perculiar ensures. Once I have started conversing with them again and started making subtly hints of my intentions, generally they seem completely dispirited which subsequently only makes me want them more.
(Strange phenomenon incoming) it is always at this point of me increasingly wanting them more that they have restarted dating (everytime).

You say you contemplate giving it another shot, but have they? Has an ex of yours also said they'd like to try again? Some of those tries work, but many of them fail, when both parties tend to realize why the break up happened in the first place.

They wanted to at the start but I declined, it's now been over a year. You may be right about contact but I actually work with her a few hours in the week.

If your ex has moved on and you haven't then it's time for you to move on as well.

I never felt like I wanted her back after the break up, like I said it's been over a year. My feelings have only recently came back which is at the exact point she has moved on.

Latest posts

Back