Tired of being lonely and I don't what to do....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the site! Being lonely gets easier in time. It definitely did for me. Now I enjoy it most of the time. Life is soooooo much easier alone. You can be very selfish and it doesn't matter. So do something nice for yourself!

I remember at first going out by myself to eat at a restaurant. I swear people would look at me sitting alone at a table and think what a waste while others are wating for a table. I felt rushed to hurry up and leave.

But, then I felt empowered. I'm a customer. I deserve to enjoy my meal just as much as anybody else. So, that's what I started doing. It was great! I got to eat all the breadsticks, chips, soup, or whatever appitizers were available. I didn't have to share anything. I could also just focus on eating while not needing to keep up with some stupid conversation with others.

When the bill comes there were no awkward glances as each person trying to figure out how much each should pay compared to the others. I just pay the entire bill and go. Nice!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! Being lonely gets easier in time. It definitely did for me. Now I enjoy it most of the time. Life is soooooo much easier alone. You can be very selfish and it doesn't matter. So do something nice for yourself!

I remember at first going out by myself to eat at a restaurant. I swear people would look at me sitting alone at a table and think what a waste while others are wating for a table. I felt rushed to hurry up and leave.

But, then I felt empowered. I'm a customer. I deserve to enjoy my meal just as much as anybody else. So, that's what I started doing. It was great! I got to eat all the breadsticks, chips, soup, or whatever appitizers were available. I didn't have to share anything. I could also just focus on eating while not needing to keep up with some stupid conversation with others.

When the bill comes there were no awkward glances as each person trying to figure out how much each should pay compared to the others. I just pay the entire bill and go. Nice!
And then did you go home and have "fun" with yourself?

There I said it. Of course, it doesn't help when you are an introvert.

I can understand how you feel. I'm an introvert myself and I keep to myself a lot of the time, but I always accept new people in my life when their willing on communicating with me. If you'd ever like to reach out, send me a message. :)

you guys from North America (and even from the whole English speaking domain) have good chances here...take it!

I tried a dating site not long ago and was honestly disappointed. I wish I had a useful suggestion for them but besides the usual hook-up sites which I don't frequent, I don't know any. But, you know, I once met a shy and quite likeable girl at the library once, so maybe quiet places like that might be something to consider.

Just get into your hobbies more & learn to love your inner-child first.

All LOVE is a risk, often with devastating results.

Careful what you wish for...you just might get it..

Latest posts

Back